Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 06:05 PM

487 posts, read 746,822 times

Advertisements

This thread is a wild ride for sure

Old 03-17-2011, 06:22 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I put on ruby red high heels...click them 3 times...close my eyes...and wish over and over, aloud!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2ajZnyu8qCQ/TKa7l8Rg2EI/AAAAAAAAMwo/hgrx116boFQ/s1600/3591490837_9b01ee05ff.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Something tells me that if he was accompanying Dorthy to Oz...he'd be asking the Wizard for a vagina!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post

OMG! To coin a Paris Hilton phrase.........."That's haaaawt!"

Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2ajZnyu8qCQ/TKa7l8Rg2EI/AAAAAAAAMwo/hgrx116boFQ/s1600/3591490837_9b01ee05ff.jpg (broken link)

I really like that kitchen!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 07:53 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I'm scared to come here anymore

Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Anyone up for a duel when my leg heals?
I'm waiting for you to post: My leg has finally healed. Then? I'm going to drive over to your house to test it out.

I'm going to bend over, and if your leg survives a big kick to my rear end, with no resultant pain, then your leg is healed!

Last edited by tijlover; 03-17-2011 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 03-17-2011, 09:47 PM

179 posts, read 389,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It doesn't rain a lot like in places like Washington and Oregon. And the day LVD posted he was watching the rain, it just rained on his apt that day, nowhere else. A weird coincidence.

As for the pipes, if you have Kitec plumbing, the seller and/or the Realtor would have to disclose it to you. There are several companies around town that will fix it for free. And it takes about a week.
I don't get the plastic piping here either and wonder if it is really safe. I guess we will find out eventually. One way or the other.

Thanks - and sorry I didn't respond sooner. I haven't been online and the website didn't automatically notify me of responses until just tonight, which is already many pages forward into the future since when this posting occurred.

The house has plastic plumbing, I don't know about connectors, but valves are normal metal valves. The electric box said "Plastic Pipe" but nothing about Kitec and wasn't a yellow label like the Kitec supposedly is in yellow. The inspection only told me that much - and it's REO so the bank knows nothing, no disclosures.

It's a pig in a poke. One top floor bathroom shows some blue color mold damage coming through the linoleum and the report says to check that out in case the subfloor was made damp, since the linoleum pulls up in places on top of blue mold marks coming through.

That would be not that serious if it was only that. But the first and only time I saw the house in person the first thing I noticed was on the second floor in the hallway outside that bathroom the floor felt wobbly to me, like it was weak - as if the joists were weak, was the thought in my mind.

I can't get HOA docs and am going to have to do it on my own pretty soon. I think there was a lawsuit at that place and it might have been over plumbing, but without HOA docs there's no way to know. It could have been about floor joists, leaks, Kitec, anything.

I will end up losing a deposit over this one because it's just past 10 days. I might have to drive down myself soon, a long 12 hour drive maybe and go see for myself.

If I drove down, went to that bathroom, jumped up and down and the floor caves in - then I will know, it's not a good idea, don't buy the house. If on the other hand, it stays solid, then I'll figure it's just a linoleum and subfloor clean-up problem - and possibly plumbing problem depending on if I ever get HOA docs - but not joists.

Thanks for your suggestions and if it does turn out to be Kitec, then I will try having that done prior to moving in, just so it's out of the way. I've never bought anything REO before and am not used to getting no disclosures and no HOA documents. But I'll chase down HOA docs soon on my own and might make the super long drive again just to see that floor situation with my own two eyes a second time to be sure.

Life's not supposed to be easy, that's how we learn, we deal with what's dealt and take our chances, pray for the best - is how I'm trying to keep it in perspective and not panic. I do like the house though. And a little rain in Vegas won't dampen my spirits, it will be a nice break from the summer heat.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 PM

179 posts, read 389,772 times
Here's a Hoover Dam question. I finally drove over and saw the dam. Actually I have gone around the entire 215 at this point and have a much better idea of how the city is laid out than earlier trips. But a side-trip to Hoover Dam, I crossed over, parked the car, got out, saw the backside of the dam, which the water level was low and it just looked like a tiny little lake and some cement sticking up where the dam was. The big new highway bridge looked nice.

But did I miss seeing something, because it didn't look like that big a deal to me. Or was I supposed to look at it from the other side, from below the dam and not behind the dam? And remember, I'm just a ditzy old blonde, so it might be I was looking at the wrong side?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:29 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl_Jones View Post
Here's a Hoover Dam question. I finally drove over and saw the dam. Actually I have gone around the entire 215 at this point and have a much better idea of how the city is laid out than earlier trips. But a side-trip to Hoover Dam, I crossed over, parked the car, got out, saw the backside of the dam, which the water level was low and it just looked like a tiny little lake and some cement sticking up where the dam was. The big new highway bridge looked nice.

But did I miss seeing something, because it didn't look like that big a deal to me. Or was I supposed to look at it from the other side, from below the dam and not behind the dam? And remember, I'm just a ditzy old blonde, so it might be I was looking at the wrong side?
Depends on whether you are a coming in or going out person.

In general the muscle of a water storage site is in the water stored. That is on the input side.

But hell I think most of the fun is had on the downstream side...so a ditzy blond should probably go for that side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas