Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 04:02 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
How about Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Chris Daughtry...................?
And the Pixies. And Band of Horses, which coincidentally are playing in Las Vegas soon!

Did I mention that both of those bands are playing in Las Vegas soon?

Old 06-13-2010, 07:18 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
The past two Saturday nights I've been going to this place called Frozen 75, which is like a nightclub for people under 21. Its on Sunset by Green Valley Pkwy

Last week I went by myself, it wasn't really crowded. Chatted with a few girls, and made friends with some cool guys who invited me to come with them last night. Only disadvantage is that I'm by 95 and Ann, and the club is on Sunset and Green Valley Pkwy

So Friday wasn't a very good day, but Saturday turned out to be awesome, I'm having the time of my life out here in Vegas, it will really be a shame if I have to go back to Orlando next week
I've always been curious...if they don't have alcohol...what do they serve?

Do people drink before they go? Or is that against the rules?

Where I grew up, we didn't have those places when I was under 21....so a bit curious about how they set those up...

Old 06-13-2010, 07:46 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
i am but not getting a lot of hours, going to speak to my manager today to see if I can get more
Ok...but why run back to an area that you hated and escaped from? If your manager there can't give more hours, maybe look for another job there to supplement your income...or even a better job (better yet...a career) that might pay more than either of the 2 part time jobs. Stay out of the clubs until you get your feet squarely on the ground. Hanging out like that if for tourists...or ones that have already made it work there. You'll be there some day, but you first have to get your priorities straight.

I guess what I'm saying here is: don't throw in the towel so easily! Put up a good fight and give it the best you can. If you keep with the attitude that you'll always run back to mom & dad in Orlando if things don't work out...you most probably will end up there.

You're in the place that you were ready to die for when you were back in FL. And you're almost 21...it's time to step up to the plate and make it work there. I know it sounds cliche (and I sound like my dad used to)...but this is what makes a man out of you.

You were given some very sound advice here (including the 6 months worth of living expenses)...and from what I've read, both airics and LVD have stuck out their necks in various ways for you. That means you are getting more than most that head out there.

Good luck...but it's really more than luck. You've got to make it happen!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
i am but not getting a lot of hours, going to speak to my manager today to see if I can get more
Remember what I told you about day labor work. If you really want to stay you will. Check out these places below for daily work, daily pay. I am really surprised that you would even consider moving back since you absolutely hate it there.

Temporary Services Division - Home (http://www.laborsystems.com/temporary/index.htm - broken link)

Labor Ready - LaborReady Home Page

Show up early on your days off from Vons, tell them you have a car an you WILL get work.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:34 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,238 times
Quote:
My leave of absence, if I'm not back to Publix by the 24th I will be both out of a job and money, and my boss would most likely not hire me back if I miss my return date
Publix is a great company to work for, don't lose that job.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:51 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I really don't get it. Davie, you move out here, secure a job and a place to live. And now we find it's just been a temporary thing and you will be going back to your job and the life you said you hated so much.
Maybe you just weren't ready for a major change like this like your parents thought and maybe you should have waited about 5 years.
People helping you along the way, that won't always be there for you if you keep changing your mind and going back and forth.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:54 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Plus, Davie, let's say you go back to Orlando...all you'd do is just apply to the next job down the street. Why go back to Orlando to do that, when the next store down the street in Vegas is MUCH closer.

Now if you had ANOTHER reason to go back....i.e. fiance back in Orlando, brothers wedding, or something...I could see. But just to go back to get a Publix type job there, when there are hundreds of the same in Vegas - which it seems you like better?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Plus, Davie, let's say you go back to Orlando...all you'd do is just apply to the next job down the street. Why go back to Orlando to do that, when the next store down the street in Vegas is MUCH closer.

Now if you had ANOTHER reason to go back....i.e. fiance back in Orlando, brothers wedding, or something...I could see. But just to go back to get a Publix type job there, when there are hundreds of the same in Vegas - which it seems you like better?
You have this a little bit wrong. Davie has worked for Publix for the last 2 and a half years. He never quit there. He simply took a month vacation in case Vegas did not work out. Well, Vegas did work out as he got a place and a job, but apparently he still wants to go back.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
...He simply took a month vacation in case Vegas did not work out...
Ahhhh...that explanation paints the picture...Davie was on a working vacation in LV. Easy come....easy go. Just like the zillions before him.

It appears he never has been serious about it after all. Just please don't bash the city when you leave.

He's really just a kid...after all.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:22 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
You have this a little bit wrong. Davie has worked for Publix for the last 2 and a half years. He never quit there. He simply took a month vacation in case Vegas did not work out. Well, Vegas did work out as he got a place and a job, but apparently he still wants to go back.
I shouldn't have made that post I made earlier today. And also I said it would be a shame "IF" I have to go back to Orlando, I didn't guarantee it

Whether everybody wants to believe me or not, I really do want to stay here because when I think about it, I cant go back to Orlando, everybody I know there would never let me live it down all I'd hear is "I told you so, I told you you were gonna fail"

As for the 30 day leave of absence I only took it so in case I wasn't able to find a job I'd be able to go back to Orlando and get the cash flowing again at my old job. But now that I am out here and I have a job and a place I dont want to leave. I am just worried about my finances is all, and chances are things will work out

I let homesickness get the better of me when I made that post. My family, and the small handful of friends that I did have I miss them terribly. But I've been out here 2 weeks and I've already made more friends here then I did back east, I dont think I want to sacrifice that, I've been having the time of my life so far

LVD knows I can be very emotional sometimes and occasionally they do get the better of me, so I apologize for making it seem like I wanted a one month's vacation, I really don't. I'd like to be here at least a few years before I pick up and go somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas