Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 03:31 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,230,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Thanks everyone. I just moved into my apartment today. I like it, but it has a very strong smell of roach spray. I put a air freshener on full strength but it is not helping. The smell is very strong and making me even more ill than I already am. Is there anything I can do?
If you got a suitable window a big fan. I will lend you one if you want. Maximal ventilation for a few hours and you will get rid of most of it.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:06 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,303,392 times
But will the roaches come back? I bet yes.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:08 PM

Speaking of bugs.. Bug bully just arrived to make more bugs cower in fear or die. Good man.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:06 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,474,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Thanks everyone. I just moved into my apartment today. I like it, but it has a very strong smell of roach spray. I put a air freshener on full strength but it is not helping. The smell is very strong and making me even more ill than I already am. Is there anything I can do?
They probably put off bombs before you moved in. Which means that it was probably roach infested and will be again. Make sure you clean the counters off good. A lot of complexes do that before new tenants move in, stuff they can buy at Home Depot or Lowes.

Congrats on the apartment and I hope you will be feeling soon!

Old 09-09-2010, 05:22 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,450,208 times
LVD, I'm really sorry to hear the bad news. In my college days I engaged in a sport where the use of performance enhancing drugs, known to be very hard on the liver, was pervasive. An over-the-counter product used to mitigate liver damage, to the extent possible, was milk thistle. I encourage you to do some research on milk thistle products - there are many. Start here for some background - Milk thistle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you decide to try it, make certain that you check with your doctor that she hasn't prescribed you a drug that might have an adverse interaction with milk thistle. My best wishes on your recovery.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:45 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,954,362 times
LVD...I am happy to hear that you are making plans to help yourself get better. Seems that you have an angel in your life. You are one of the lucky ones in that regard.

I don't have any experience with liver damage (thank goodness), but I do have quite a bit of experience with alcoholics. Sounds like the signs of liver damage are also those of a person who remains constantly buzzed. Hopefully, once the fog lifts and the protocol that you choose begins to work, you will be able to work and your credit won't take a huge hit.

Try to think positive and not dwell on the mistakes of the past. Know that many drunks manage just fine in a town that does not have 24 hour drinking laws. They just plan ahead better. Las Vegas is just a symptom, not a cause. In any case, many people have to make changes when they want a different outcome. It is the healthy thing to do. Don't beat yourself up, be happy that you are able to move in a different direction. I have watched my father lose everything he ever worked towards because he could not get over his past mistakes and seriously, the reason is that he never changed what he was doing to cause those mistakes. He still drinks.

Good luck and I guess by now you know that you have a lot of people pulling for you!!! I can't wait to see a different name appear one day instead of LVD!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 PM

I am hoping that after the effects of the alcohol wear off and the brain gets to thinking again, that hopefully LVD, you will find Phoenix isn't so terrible after all. If you still hate it when the head is clear and you are healthy again, find a state you truly love and go there. Don't waste time hating your surroundings because nothing ever gets solved by complaining. You just feel worse. Good luck. And congratulations on getting your own apt. I think despite the furnished pets, you will be happier being free to do what you want in your own place.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,598,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Try googling it?
That is an interesting title under your name.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
That is an interesting title under your name.
Did you figure it out? Whoever does, gets a present.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,136,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Did you figure it out? Whoever does, gets a present.
OH MMAAAANNN I din know there was a test this mornin....I dint study for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas