Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,430,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Well, you forgot Africans. It's pretty much the same with them. And it's not like "most come from South America". Most come from Central America. The further you go south, the better it gets. The quota from each country applies to the green card lottery. Some countries qualify for a much easier immigration such as Cuba and I think some Asian countries. Read an artcile in the N.Y. Times a while back and it said 55% of foreign born Lationos in the U.S are here illegally. So that's something to consider.
No- the per country quotas apply to Green cards too-whether family or employment based.
The number available for family based Green cards are much higher than those for employment-226,000 and 140,000 respectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
Not sure if they're in love , but they certainly want the ones who hold degrees and are going to be working in specialty occupations.
HR 3012 was passed last month and abolishes the per country limits for employment based Green cards.
Bill Summary & Status - 112th Congress (2011 - 2012) - H.R.3012 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Basically this means that people from India and China (31k and18k employment based Green cards in 2010) which are currently the countries with the longest wait times for employment based green cards will have to wait shorter periods because they will now be allowed to take up to 85% of the yearly employment based Green cards, as opposed to the current 7%.

Current waits are
for EB-2 (Masters occupations) India and China 3 years- all other countries current
For EB-3 (Specialty occupations) India 10 years and China 8 years-all other countries 6 years.

Not sure how this will affect people from "other "countries such as the European ones but my guess is it won't help as the ststem will now work mostly on a first come first served basis whereas in the past at least once the per country yearly limits were reached the dates for other countries moved forward more quickly.

So no need to worry about too many "stupid" Europeans coming here and taking jobs!
The bill also increased the family based Green card per country limits from 7% to 15%

Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
And wait until you see the prominence SPanish will have by 2012...Start drycleaning your white robe and brush up on your cross-burning skills.
What?
I am not sure of what you are saying here.
The culture of Spain is not that of Mexico, by a long shot. In fact, a lot of Latin American countries have distinctly different roots.
There are a lot of Italian and German and Western influences in Latin America.
Just because they all speak the same language does not make them the same people.
People from these countries take umbrage at being lumped together with one another, if that's what you are trying to do here. They take pride in their individual and distinct cultures.

I dislike some of our immigration policies as do many here, mainly because of issues surrounding population growth, drugs, crime and jobs.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM

659 posts, read 1,146,157 times
The plan to ruin us from the inside out is working.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,690,534 times
For EB-2 Masters degree India, they are now looking at green card applications filed in 2006. So it is already more then 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
Not sure if they're in love , but they certainly want the ones who hold degrees and are going to be working in specialty occupations.
HR 3012 was passed last month and abolishes the per country limits for employment based Green cards.
Bill Summary & Status - 112th Congress (2011 - 2012) - H.R.3012 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Basically this means that people from India and China (31k and18k employment based Green cards in 2010) which are currently the countries with the longest wait times for employment based green cards will have to wait shorter periods because they will now be allowed to take up to 85% of the yearly employment based Green cards, as opposed to the current 7%.

Current waits are
for EB-2 (Masters occupations) India and China 3 years- all other countries current
For EB-3 (Specialty occupations) India 10 years and China 8 years-all other countries 6 years.

Not sure how this will affect people from "other "countries such as the European ones but my guess is it won't help as the ststem will now work mostly on a first come first served basis whereas in the past at least once the per country yearly limits were reached the dates for other countries moved forward more quickly.

So no need to worry about too many "stupid" Europeans coming here and taking jobs!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,321 times
Hé I am new in this forum and I plan to move to the US one day !!!! I come from France.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
For EB-2 Masters degree India, they are now looking at green card applications filed in 2006. So it is already more then 5 years.
I was talking about the wait once you have an approval date ie the date on the visa bulletin which for EB2 for India is Marh 2008.
I f we're talking about wait times since the start of the process ie for Credential evaluation, Exams US licensing, visa screen, job application etc I've been waiting 5 years already and have another 2 to wait- but that's for EB-3.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:29 AM

17 posts, read 38,922 times
Time for another 'operation *******'.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:11 AM

366 posts, read 775,061 times
Default City-Data Forum: You just have to love the egalitarianism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSks View Post
I can firmly say that United States of America in 20011 prefer 3 rd world countries immigrants, anything but white europeans
Well looks like thats the path and seems like in 10 years Hollywood will be Bollywood , and europeans descendants will be minority, for some people it might sound racist, but doesn't racism go both ways?.Looking like walking down the street white person is minority, I thought that there is a quota for each country
It will be interesting to see if future new faces of the nation will be able to achieve what did previous generations ???
a) You are a racist or simply a very ignorant person pretending that you're not ;
b) the US of A has always "loved" immigrants, indentured servants, and slaves (yes, it still exist) throughout its history (obviously something you're not aware of either);
c) "...in 10 years Hollywood will NEVER be Bollywood;" and,
d) most Americans, like yourself, are functional illiterates (can't read, can't spell, can't do basic math, and can't remember any history); whereas most Third World immigrants are highly literate.

Whether or not "future new faces of the nation will be able to achieve what did (sic) previous generations" will do; the answer is yes. We live in an age of unimaginable technology/Third Industrial Revolution and its achievement will surpass the technological wonders of the previous revolutions. A brave new world awaits us, and the possibilities are limitless.

God save us from knuckle-dragging dolts like the OP, and God bless America.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:36 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
this is a totally useless thread and it's going nowhere
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration