Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 06:32 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times

Advertisements

The stabbing that occurred at Musikfest on friday night is something I feared was bound to happen. The event has become way too big. Myself and others have been very critical of it being a non-profit entity. Aside from that issue the festival attracts every tom, dick, and harry who just want to drink. They have no appreciation or understanding of the vast musical talent that is there. Just a bunch of rowdy jabronies. The festival should be gated and admission should be charged. It should no longer be free. It is an inconvenience to the Citizens of Bethlehem. Here on the southside it is normal for me to hear drunk jabronies from my window. Admittedly sometimes I may be one of them. However, with Musikfest the behavior is magnified. I heard hooting and hollering last night at 4 am. I do not know what these [people are excited about anyway. EVerything is falling apart. Who's working a meaningful well paying job? Not many of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Here's a link. Man stabbed on street on first Musikfest 2011 night - mcall.com Does it really have anything to do with musikfest? A teen was violently hurt but that could have happened anytime.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,699 times
It's 10 days, if you hate it, stay indoors or schedule a vacation.
musikfest pours millions of dollars into the local community. it provides venues to see free musical acts that people may not otherwise see. it also provides new acts the ability to showcase themselves to tens of thousands of people. it was a shame that mayfair couldnt get its financial act together and had to gate the event. it is a shell of its former self. hopefully that doesnt happen with musikfest.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:28 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
musikfest pours millions of dollars into the local community. it provides venues to see free musical acts that people may not otherwise see. it also provides new acts the ability to showcase themselves to tens of thousands of people. it was a shame that mayfair couldnt get its financial act together and had to gate the event. it is a shell of its former self. hopefully that doesnt happen with musikfest.

This is all well and good, but Jeff Parks should relinquish non-profit status immediately and these volunteers are idiots. Everyone should be paid. Especially in this economy. If you pass a volunteer give them a couple bucks. I did this yesterday and the old bag refused, and I told her she should be ashamed for being exploited. She walked away fast and my friend informed me she went to a Police officer! How ungrateful!

After reading the article in the Morning Call I am outraged. These Allenswamp scum that hang on Main Street with their pants hanging down should not be allowed in. BPD get your billy clubs and beat them down!

Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The stabbing that occurred at Musikfest on friday night is something I feared was bound to happen. The event has become way too big. Myself and others have been very critical of it being a non-profit entity. Aside from that issue the festival attracts every tom, dick, and harry who just want to drink. They have no appreciation or understanding of the vast musical talent that is there. Just a bunch of rowdy jabronies. The festival should be gated and admission should be charged. It should no longer be free. It is an inconvenience to the Citizens of Bethlehem. Here on the southside it is normal for me to hear drunk jabronies from my window. Admittedly sometimes I may be one of them. However, with Musikfest the behavior is magnified. I heard hooting and hollering last night at 4 am. I do not know what these [people are excited about anyway. EVerything is falling apart. Who's working a meaningful well paying job? Not many of us.
what a shame, before it got bigger, we used to go there every night, oh what fun...remember the days when they had top names and you could lay down a blanket and watch the show for free? It was great...I'm very very sorry people always have to spoil it for you...my one cousin used to say, he'd love to buy a house and live there for it...so sorry to hear and I feel badly for you.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
loose cannon;
After reading the article in the Morning Call I am outraged. These Allenswamp scum that hang on Main Street with their pants hanging down should not be allowed in. BPD get your billy clubs and beat them down!
it used to be a great family attraction...sheesh...

Old 08-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
This is all well and good, but Jeff Parks should relinquish non-profit status immediately and these volunteers are idiots. Everyone should be paid. Especially in this economy. If you pass a volunteer give them a couple bucks. I did this yesterday and the old bag refused, and I told her she should be ashamed for being exploited. She walked away fast and my friend informed me she went to a Police officer! How ungrateful!

Because somebody didn't want your money, you call them an "old bag". Then you tell someone who has volunteered at an event of their own free will that they are being exploited and you wonder why they walk away?

Are the people who volunteer at the Philly Folk Festival, Kutztown Folk Festival or even Burning Man, exploited idiots as well?

You are either a troll or a very bitter person.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
The stabbing that occurred at Musikfest on friday night is something I feared was bound to happen. Not many of us.
Over 1 million people came to Musikfest last year. That's almost the population of Philly(1.5 million) and three times the size of Pittsburgh and you are making a big deal out of a stabbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it used to be a great family attraction...sheesh...
It still is. People are even stabbed at Dorney Park
Ex-worker suspected in stabbing at Dorney Park | PennLive.com

or at church

Pastor tased, woman stabbed after church service - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
Mayfair was awesome! Loved the whole idea of it, as it was different...but I'm going back to 98, 99
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley