Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 PM

11 posts, read 81,837 times

Advertisements

HI! New to area (new tripoli) and looking for activities to do w/my one year old twins outside of the home. I am looking for maybe some gymnastics classes, dance, playgroups, indoor play areas, organized activities, etc... Also, if anyone knows of a preschool for one year olds that would be nice as well. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 05:49 AM

242 posts, read 837,427 times
Hi melis,

we loved the expereince of gymnastics for our 2 year old at Lehigh Valley Sports Academy which is right by the Lehigh Valley Airport on Race St. For you that is about a 20 min ride.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 03-05-2008, 06:21 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
You might find a Mom's day out program for your one-year olds but most pre-schools start at age 3. Pre-schools don't deal with kids that are not verbal and are not potty trained. Something that might work well would be a MOM's club. Here's a link
Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania Newcomers Clubs, Moms and Dads Organizations, Womens Clubs Directory

Old 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM

84 posts, read 419,926 times
Parkettes (in Allentown) does a Flip Zone session each week, which is an open time to come use their equipment.

Bounce U (in Allentown and Bethlehem) has lots of inflatable bounce items in a nice indoor setting, but your kids might be a little young for their preschool open bounce (my 3yo is a little intimidated even).

Jungle Fun (in Allentown and ?Bethlehem) has climbing structures/slides/one bounce section that might be OK for your little ones.

Like toobusy said, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a preschool program for that age group. Even the Mom and Me class we go to requires kids to be 2 to start. Their is a Moms morning out in Emmaus that takes younger kids, I'm just not sure how young.

We've been taking swim classes at Swim-In Zone in Center Valley since my son was less than a year old and he loves it. They have parent child classes for kids your age, but you would probably need someone else to get in the water to hold one of your kids.

I second finding a local MOMS Club or Moms of Multiples group in the area. They have been a godsend with playgroups and organized activities.

Something else you might consider is joining a gym with childcare facilities to get a little mommy time. I had a friend who had 2 yo twins and a one year old and she went to the gym several times a week to use the free childcare while she worked out.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:37 PM

97 posts, read 431,079 times
More ideas for classes:
Gymboree
Kindermusik
Banana Factory
Little Gym
Lehigh Valley Zoo

Old 04-04-2008, 11:45 AM

84 posts, read 419,926 times
There is also a Music Together class held at the Macungie Institute (right on Main St, a block or two up from Subway) that is a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley