Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:16 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,053,616 times

Advertisements

Oh, DO go to the gallery hop. You will enjoy it so much.... there are so many galleries participating, and each has its own vibe or niche - it's just wonderful. Then the next time, hit the galleries you didn't hit the time before. It's one of Lexington's REALLY GOOD events, and happens 6x/year. Don't miss it - the next one is February 20. Here is the website: http://lexarts.org/participate/gallery-hop/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,737,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
Oh, DO go to the gallery hop. You will enjoy it so much.... there are so many galleries participating, and each has its own vibe or niche - it's just wonderful. Then the next time, hit the galleries you didn't hit the time before. It's one of Lexington's REALLY GOOD events, and happens 6x/year. Don't miss it - the next one is February 20. Here is the website: LexArts - Gallery Hop
Why is this hop limited to certain months? Many cities have them every month or twice a month. Is this a testament to Lexington's southerness in that people don't like the cold? (hey it's one of the reasons I moved south, and with temps in the teens today I maybe should have moved further south )

Old 12-22-2008, 11:09 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,053,616 times
It's every other month through the school year, basically. Has nothing to do with the weather. If you want there to be more, by all means, talk to LexArts about it. It's a wonderful event.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
It's every other month through the school year, basically. Has nothing to do with the weather. If you want there to be more, by all means, talk to LexArts about it. It's a wonderful event.
Unfortunately I have not been yet, as I live in Louisville, but I do travel to Lexington a lot for my business and am always looking for grown up (ie non college) stuff to do around town. I asked my business clients about this hop the other day and they said they have heard of it but have never been. Gallery hops are a long standing tradtion of the urban revival of every major city in the US, and I think they bring the young and educated set together in a different environment from your typical bars. I think you guys should talk to Lexarts about expanding it!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 AM

891 posts, read 3,052,560 times
stx-thanks for your restraint in pushing Louisville! Merry Christmas!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
stx-thanks for your restraint in pushing Louisville! Merry Christmas!
Please explain

Old 12-25-2008, 09:55 AM

7 posts, read 17,789 times
Thanks for everyones input. The first few responses were so neg. I didn't come back to visit.
Thanks all!

Old 01-12-2009, 04:22 PM

42 posts, read 154,207 times
LMAO @ hangouts 4 30 somethings...OMG are you serious? You'd be better off driving to Louisville or Cincinnati, getting a hotel room for the weekend and party there.
I don't live in KY anymore, thank god! So I am sorry that I cannot help you there.
I wished I talked to u before u left 4 Lex, and tell u that Lexington is ONLY good for raising kids, going to UK, and to be retired. THAT's it!!!!!

Sorry babes.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:49 PM

844 posts, read 2,101,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgrl View Post
Hi, my name is Sarah and I am new to the lexington area. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback on local hangouts geared toward people in their 30's and up. Thanks!
Sarah,

Unfortunately this town has little to offer for singles over +-23. It really caters to married couples.

Believe me, I am at wit's end to find a decent mid-30's crowd here. Sure I have my church singles friends... but they don't seem to be people I want to hang out with beyond church. No REAL friends here like you find in a big city.

On the other hand, the children & college kids have it made here!

If you discover the secret... feel free to share. Until then I will be the lone desperado.

Last edited by Wing Feathers; 02-07-2009 at 06:23 PM..

Old 02-07-2009, 10:53 PM

10 posts, read 28,226 times
There are places to go, but not here in Ky. I think the girls use to go to some place called the caddy shack or caddilacks something, the grapevine is nice there are places to go I have to ask the girls I keep saying girls because I use to work for dispatch an they were all younger than me,about your age (smile)there are some nice pup look in the phonebook a little there are some area's not much since they tore downtown up for there new project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area