Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
How many DEATH threats did Steve Bartman get again?
I dunno, I live on the South Side and don't hear much about the Cubs; very few people I know talk about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 10:15 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Do you fail to see the connection? Here, let me educate you shall I? The University of Kentucky represents the whole state, therefore there is a connection for many fans. Also, Kentucky has lots of history in basketball over the years and is known as having the best college basketball team in the nation. It isn't required that you attend the school to be a fan. I have never heard of such a thing. KerryB you can come up with some funny stuff.....yep.
"Best in the nation" eh?? Ugh, you are a fanboy and a half. And since when did UK "represent the whole state"? Does UofL & MSU represent the whole state too??

I swear if I didnt know better I'd think you were a paid plant to roam the boards & make KY in general look like some amazing place. You disagree with any criticism whatsoever & your rebuttals are pretty generic & down right laughable, so it wouldn't surprise me if you were.

Anyways, UK has also had one of the shadiest programs in history & your arena is named after a racist, cheating scumbag. You guys proud of that too?? Oh right, you turn a blind eye to that stuff like all good cult followers do. Whatta joke to be proud of something so superficial & bogus.

Listen dude & everyone else, I dont care enough to argue about this. I learned a long time ago that UK fans & logic don't go well together. Like what you like, be into what you wanna be into. If you all wanna waste your lives worrying about a college team & looking like tards in the process, all while your city suffers from lack of progress & half the state's economy is going down the sh*tter, then be my guest.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
If one checks out the strong support/loyalty for a specific college team, you will usually find that happening in a state that has no pro sports teams. (IMHO)

Others that resemble U of K is Auburn and U of Alabama.
Alabama has no professional sports teams in its state.

Another example would be the state of Nebraska and their support of the Cornhuskers.
Nebraska, also, has no professional sports team.

The same could be said for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Arkansas has no professional sports team.

Here in Minnesota, I would like to see the Gophers get even more coverage in the Minneapolis Tribune's sport section and on MPLS TV, but the Wild , Twins, Timberwolves,and Vikings take up TV time and newspaper space also.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:39 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,802,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
"Best in the nation" eh?? Ugh, you are a fanboy and a half. And since when did UK "represent the whole state"? Does UofL & MSU represent the whole state too??

I swear if I didnt know better I'd think you were a paid plant to roam the boards & make KY in general look like some amazing place. You disagree with any criticism whatsoever & your rebuttals are pretty generic & down right laughable, so it wouldn't surprise me if you were.

Anyways, UK has also had one of the shadiest programs in history & your arena is named after a racist, cheating scumbag. You guys proud of that too?? Oh right, you turn a blind eye to that stuff like all good cult followers do. Whatta joke to be proud of something so superficial & bogus.

Listen dude & everyone else, I dont care enough to argue about this. I learned a long time ago that UK fans & logic don't go well together. Like what you like, be into what you wanna be into. If you all wanna waste your lives worrying about a college team & looking like tards in the process, all while your city suffers from lack of progress & half the state's economy is going down the sh*tter, then be my guest.
You don't care enough to argue about it, yet you brought it up as one of the biggest negatives of Lexington? And you go on to insult the entire fanbase of UK. Sorry, but you are going to get an argument whether you like it or not when you insult people and act immature.

I'm not one of the rabid, crazy UK fans. I like to watch the games when they are on national television because I have moved out of state. Believe it or not, there is a spectrum of UK fans. I enjoyed going to the basketball and football games while I was at UK. Most that I know are not the "off the deep end" type. Although I have met plenty of those as well.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:46 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,802,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
If one checks out the strong support/loyalty for a specific college team, you will usually find that happening in a state that has no pro sports teams. (IMHO)

Others that resemble U of K is Auburn and U of Alabama.
Alabama has no professional sports teams in its state.

Another example would be the state of Nebraska and their support of the Cornhuskers.
Nebraska, also, has no professional sports team.

The same could be said for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
Arkansas has no professional sports team.

Here in Minnesota, I would like to see the Gophers get even more coverage in the Minneapolis Tribune's sport section and on MPLS TV, but the Wild , Twins, Timberwolves,and Vikings take up TV time and newspaper space also.
I think that is generally true. Kentucky basketball and Alabama football are probably the two most intense,widespread fanbases in college sports. I've lived in both states, it is an almost identical mindset. I think a few notable states that have pro teams but still a high percentage of intense, rabid college fans would be Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana... The south and parts of the midwest LOVE their college teams. Other parts of the country don't seem to have near the support.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,499 times
Kerryb -

If you are still in Flordia, you are swimming in the shi!!er too my friend. Cheers

Old 01-04-2010, 06:51 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Can we get back on the thread of what we like LEAST about Lexington?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Can we get back on the thread of what we like LEAST about Lexington?
Yes, because Mr. Negative needs as much negative info as possible. It puts a big smile on his face don't you know.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:58 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Yes, because Mr. Negative needs as much negative info as possible. It puts a big smile on his face don't you know.
If I remember correctly, you responded to me after my initial post. Basically what you do with any critical post in this entire forum. At least I give realistic feedback, with both positive & negative points, instead of your constant snap defense posts praising everything. You're basically doing nothing but combing the board looking for posts that paint KY in any sort of negative light whatsoever, responding in your typical non-insightful way & offering zero realistic feedback. Why else would you even hang out in a "what we like least" thread if it wasnt strictly for damage control purposes.

So yeah man, people here aren't stupid. I smell a rat. But of course, you'll keep doing what you do cause that's the whole point of your existence here, eh.

BTW everyone, this DOES happen. A lot of chambers of commerce & other state organizations pay individuals to pose as real posters on here cause they know its seen by a lot of people who are members or who land here doing Google searches. It happens more than you know unfortunately. Sometimes the same user login info is used by a couple different people to up their "rep" asap. They get called out, create new identities & are at it again. But we'll never know for sure about our friend here, but it wouldn't shock me in the least given his posting style.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
If I remember correctly, you responded to me after my initial post. Basically what you do with any critical post in this entire forum. At least I give realistic feedback, with both positive & negative points, instead of your constant snap defense posts praising everything. You're basically doing nothing but combing the board looking for posts that paint KY in any sort of negative light whatsoever, responding in your typical non-insightful way & offering zero realistic feedback. Why else would you even hang out in a "what we like least" thread if it wasnt strictly for damage control purposes.

So yeah man, people here aren't stupid. I smell a rat. But of course, you'll keep doing what you do cause that's the whole point of your existence here, eh.

BTW everyone, this DOES happen. A lot of chambers of commerce & other state organizations pay individuals to pose as real posters on here cause they know its seen by a lot of people who are members or who land here doing Google searches. It happens more than you know unfortunately. Sometimes the same user login info is used by a couple different people to up their "rep" asap. They get called out, create new identities & are at it again. But we'll never know for sure about our friend here, but it wouldn't shock me in the least given his posting style.
Again, I wasn't talking to you KerryB. Notice that when I used the "quote" feature it was Mr. Electric Ears that I was referring too. Please pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area