Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
That area is not diverse at all. It's mostly black with some Latinos. Baldwin, Riverhead, New Hyde Park, Hampton Bays, Valley Stream, Montauk are diverse areas. Get it right, if you're going to be sarcastic. Don't confuse low income or majority non-white as diverse.

EX.
Flushing-main st, Queens is not diverse.
Pelham Parkway, The Bronx is diverse.
Looks pretty diverse to me. You got something against low-income people too?

White alone - 3,968 (44.1%)
Black alone - 2,640 (29.3%)
Hispanic - 1,841 (20.4%)
Two or more races - 260 (2.9%)
Asian alone - 166 (1.8%)
American alone - 109 (1.2%)
Other race alone - 22 (0.2%)
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.01%)

//www.city-data.com/city/North-...-New-York.html

The Bronx is diverse, yeah, and most of it is a war-zone.

Back on ignore you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 02:26 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Looks pretty diverse to me. You got something against low-income people too?

White alone - 3,968 (44.1%)
Black alone - 2,640 (29.3%)
Hispanic - 1,841 (20.4%)
Two or more races - 260 (2.9%)
Asian alone - 166 (1.8%)
American alone - 109 (1.2%)
Other race alone - 22 (0.2%)
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 1 (0.01%)

//www.city-data.com/city/North-...-New-York.html

The Bronx is diverse, yeah, and most of it is a war-zone.

Back on ignore you go.

We were talking about the area between Sunrise and Montauk. This is the area the lady's house is located. If you go north of Sunrise N. Bellport is very different, middle class and white, mostly Levitt homes. You obviously don't know the area.

Riverdale, City Island, Woodlawn, Throggs Neck, Country Club, Pelham Parway are middle to upper middle class areas all located in the Bronx. Your ignorance is really sad but understandable. I myself thought the same way until I actually decided to venture around the city, not just Manhattan. I'm sure you have done such little travelling around the City that you have no idea where half those neighborhoods are located. Get out of bland and unappealing Massapequa and actually see the world. Just going 20 miles west would be a good start.

BTW, ignoring people is what keeps you ignorant. Hence the word.

Last edited by 1nevets; 10-10-2010 at 02:37 AM..

Old 10-10-2010, 07:50 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
They are free but you have to help build the house.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
They are free but you have to help build the house.

It's great that these homes get built but are these people financially and emotionally ready for home ownership? Just because a home is free doesn't mean you can afford it.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:15 AM

732 posts, read 1,735,236 times
Quote:
If you go north of Sunrise N. Bellport is very different, middle class and white, mostly Levitt homes. You obviously don't know the area.
East Patchogue has the Levitt homes right across 101.

North Bellport has Sid Farber homes, which might as well be the same with the fact that Sid Farber didn't sell to blacks either. His estate also owns the surviving part of the Bellport Outlet Center on the north side of Sunrise.

Last edited by RoleModel; 10-10-2010 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-10-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
East Patchogue has the Levitt homes right across 101.

North Bellport has Sid Farber homes, which might as well be the same with the fact that Sid Farber didn't sell to blacks either. His estate also owns the surviving part of the Bellport Outlet Center on the north side of Sunrise.

Exactly! Where this woman lives is the E.Patchogue/ N. Bellport border between Sunrise and Montauk. Most whites in those two hamlets reside north of Sunrise or along South Country Rd (the wealthy section of E. Patchogue). I don't think she researched the neighborhood, the lowlfe just wanted a free house. She got what she paid for.

It interesting that many Levitt developments are still predominantly white. Islandia is a good example. Majority of the homes in that village are Levitt homes and it's the only part of the CISD that is predominantly white.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,829 times
Quote:
Exactly! Where this woman lives is the E.Patchogue/ N. Bellport border between Sunrise and Montauk. Most whites in those two hamlets reside north of Sunrise or along South Country Rd (the wealthy section of E. Patchogue). I don't think she researched the neighborhood, the lowlfe just wanted a free house. She got what she paid for.

It interesting that many Levitt developments are still predominantly white. Islandia is a good example. Majority of the homes in that village are Levitt homes and it's the only part of the CISD that is predominantly white.
Ok I wouldn't call her a lowlife just yet. She seems to be making an effort to clean up the nabe which is more than most people do. However my point is what did this lady expect?

Old 10-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Ok I wouldn't call her a lowlife just yet. She seems to be making an effort to clean up the nabe which is more than most people do. However my point is what did this lady expect?

I agree with you there. However, she really should have done research into the area. That neighborhood no matter what the racial makeup is it's a lost cause. It's the epitome of rural poverty and living on the other side of the tracks.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:18 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
We were talking about the area between Sunrise and Montauk. This is the area the lady's house is located. If you go north of Sunrise N. Bellport is very different, middle class and white, mostly Levitt homes. You obviously don't know the area.

Riverdale, City Island, Woodlawn, Throggs Neck, Country Club, Pelham Parway are middle to upper middle class areas all located in the Bronx. Your ignorance is really sad but understandable. I myself thought the same way until I actually decided to venture around the city, not just Manhattan. I'm sure you have done such little travelling around the City that you have no idea where half those neighborhoods are located. Get out of bland and unappealing Massapequa and actually see the world. Just going 20 miles west would be a good start.

BTW, ignoring people is what keeps you ignorant. Hence the word.
I ignore racist people. It's obvious you have something against whites. And how would you know the lady is a "lowlife that just wanted a free house" (your exact words)?? That right there discredits you completely.

You seem to be the ignorant one here. Your whole experience with the south shore was "driving through a few blocks in merrick" haha!! And according to you, predominantly white areas are bland and bad areas.
Maybe you're the one that needs to get out from the boondocks in Wading river more often. There's more to life than being 100 yards from your nearest neighbor and trailer parks + bungalows.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I ignore racist people. It's obvious you have something against whites. And how would you know the lady is a "lowlife that just wanted a free house" (your exact words)?? That right there discredits you completely.

You seem to be the ignorant one here. Your whole experience with the south shore was "driving through a few blocks in merrick" haha!! And according to you, predominantly white areas are bland and bad areas.
Maybe you're the one that needs to get out from the boondocks in Wading river more often. There's more to life than being 100 yards from your nearest neighbor and trailer parks + bungalows.

I thought you put me ignore? LOL! you obviously read many of my posts. Where did I write that the Merrick Rd. towns are bad areas? I've only read that from you concernig Freeport and Baldwin. The Merrick rd. towns are just not my cup of tea. Years ago while attending Hofstra for a summer I stayed with my aunt in Baldwin and I know the SS very well and that Merrick neighborhood is very typical of many of the developments of the Merrick rd. towns, except RVC and Freeport. It just happened to be the worse of the worse as far as housing stock goes. Stop being so insecure about your town. You like it that's all that counts. I love Wading River, the boonies and all. I just saw a pheasant walk on my lawn. How nice is that?

BTW, even though that was a horrible looking neighborhood, a really nice part of Merrick is the neighborhood between Sunrise and Merrick. The same goes for the neighborhood by Argyle lake in Baldwin, really nice homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island