Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM

93,387 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

Isn't Half Hollow Hills a very good SD? So, as long as the OP is in th[ SD in Wheatley Heights, shouldn't he/she be fine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Default A map of the Huntington Union Free School District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Sounds like you're referring to the Jack Abrams School - that is in the Huntington SD - which covers a small portion of the Huntington Station area, a large part of the Hamlet of Huntington, as well as Huntington Bay with it's high priced homes... (hope I got that right, Walter ;))
Yes, sort of.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Huntington Union Free School District includes all or part of the Village of Huntington Bay, the Hamlet of Halesite, the Hamlet of Huntington, the Hamlet of Huntington Station, the Hamlet of West Hills, the Hamlet of Cold Spring Harbor and the Village of Lloyd Harbor.

A map of the Huntington Union Free School District:
Attached Thumbnails
Wheatley Heights-huntingtonufsd.gif  

Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,158,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Yes, sort of.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Huntington Union Free School District includes all or part of the Village of Huntington Bay, the Hamlet of Halesite, the Hamlet of Huntington, the Hamlet of Huntington Station, the Hamlet of West Hills, the Hamlet of Cold Spring Harbor and the Village of Lloyd Harbor.
Thank you Walter.
However, I beg to differ re Cold Spring Harbor and Lloyd Harbor - they are in CSH SD #2

Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,471,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
That's what Long Island person meant but Omigawd didn't get it.
Duh. I did "get it"... .doesn't make it any less ridiculous that people call the area "West Babadanch"

Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
However, I beg to differ re Cold Spring Harbor and Lloyd Harbor - they are in CSH SD #2
According to the map of the Huntington Union Free School District that I extracted from the Census Bureau web site, that overlays school district borders (blue) over village and hamlet borders (pink), a small part of the Hamlet of Cold Spring Harbor and a very tiny part of the Village of Lloyd Harbor are within the Huntington Union Free School District.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Isn't Half Hollow Hills a very good SD? So, as long as the OP is in th[ SD in Wheatley Heights, shouldn't he/she be fine?

HHH is a very good school district. The problem the OP may face in not being familiar with Suffolk is a seedy realtor who will claim a home is in Wheatley Heights when, in reality, it's in Wyandanch.

Hopefully, the OP will diligently do their OWN research on the property and address and school district before making any decisions.

I remember on the news a few years ago, a woman was up in arms because she purchased a home in what she was told was Wheatley Heights and the HHH school district. Turned out the home was in "North Wyandanch" and in the Wyandanch school district.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 13,249 times
Thanks to all of those who responded. I suppose I should offer a little background info in order to draw out better neighborhood suggestions. I am a 30-something, single, black woman with no children (possibly in the future) and I make a pretty good living. I'm a blue collar girl with a white collar job. I work, socialize and maintain friendships with people of all races. I have always lived with, and would like to continue to live among, people who work hard for what they have and take pride in their neighborhood. I am in Queens often and I would like to keep that commute well-under an hour. Thanks again for your input.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypdywings View Post
Thanks to all of those who responded. I suppose I should offer a little background info in order to draw out better neighborhood suggestions. I am a 30-something, single, black woman with no children (possibly in the future) and I make a pretty good living. I'm a blue collar girl with a white collar job. I work, socialize and maintain friendships with people of all races. I have always lived with, and would like to continue to live among, people who work hard for what they have and take pride in their neighborhood. I am in Queens often and I would like to keep that commute well-under an hour. Thanks again for your input.
From the Town of Babylon, Queens is about a 45 minute drive.

I know you're interested in WH, but check out North Babylon also. It's a really nice, middle class area and the schools are good (for when you have kids). West Babylon (NOT "west babadanch") is nice also as is Lindenhurst.

Good luck. I'm sure whatever you choose, it's going to be good for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island