Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:34 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,229,700 times

Advertisements

Pats! Loved every minute of the game....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,957,136 times
Lets break down the Jets season. They lose to the Ravens week one then beat the Pats at home. Weeks 3-6 they beat some very weak teams(Dolphins, Bills,Vikings,Broncos) teams they should beat. Week 7 the bye. Week 8 they look awful and get shutout by a good Packer team. Week 9-12 again against 4 very weak teams(Lions,Browns,Texans,Bengals) they win but not very impressively, matter of fact they should have lost 2 possibly 3 of them. Then last night they get destroyed by the Pats. Yes are they a 9-3 team right now but are they really a 9-3 team. I'm a Jet fan but honestly this might be the weakest 9-3 team I ever seen. We will finally get an accurate gauge week 15 and 16 against the Steelers and the Bears.

Rex Ryan is no Bill Belichick nor will he ever be and the same could be said for Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady. Rex should have never deferred the kick-off to a home team, never. Rex should have never challenged a spot especially if your going to go for it on 4th down anyway Rex is a comedy routine while Belichick is all business, you could see this on how the teams prepare and play. December football in the northeast is so much different then Football in Sept. and Oct. someone better let Sanchez and Ryan know this stat. and P.S. Let Ryan know is defense isn't all that

Old 12-07-2010, 09:20 PM

176 posts, read 474,996 times
Looks like the Jury is in....Pats rule and Giants fans (even thought they did beat us in the superbowl in a hell of a game) are not nearly as obnoxious as Jet fans are....NOT even close. sorry bunch, better luck next year when I am sure Sanchez will still be considered a 'rookie' QB by jet fans.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:46 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,768,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Jet fans are pretty much indifferent to Blew.
yet you keep mentioning them. lol. Classic inferiority complex...

Quote:
But Blew fans are POd that they are NOT getting the spotlight or the backpages.
do you really keep track of this? Who cares?

Quote:
Its a NYJet town kid...deal with it.
how can it be a Jet town with so many Giant fans? This might be where most Jet fans live but at best they're on equal footing with Giant fans on LI.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:00 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Cmon the Jets suck.

We all know how historically lucky they are.

9-3 5-1 on the road?
Pure luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Crooks
Again look at the schedule they have had. Soft Softer and Softest. All that the 9-3 record and 5-1 road record has proven is they are able to beat crap teams.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,184,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
yet you keep mentioning them. lol. Classic inferiority complex...

do you really keep track of this? Who cares?

how can it be a Jet town with so many Giant fans? This might be where most Jet fans live but at best they're on equal footing with Giant fans on LI.

Not even close on LI.

Jersey..yes.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Lets break down the Jets season. They lose to the Ravens week one then beat the Pats at home. Weeks 3-6 they beat some very weak teams(Dolphins, Bills,Vikings,Broncos) teams they should beat. Week 7 the bye. Week 8 they look awful and get shutout by a good Packer team. Week 9-12 again against 4 very weak teams(Lions,Browns,Texans,Bengals) they win but not very impressively, matter of fact they should have lost 2 possibly 3 of them. Then last night they get destroyed by the Pats. Yes are they a 9-3 team right now but are they really a 9-3 team. I'm a Jet fan but honestly this might be the weakest 9-3 team I ever seen. We will finally get an accurate gauge week 15 and 16 against the Steelers and the Bears.

Rex Ryan is no Bill Belichick nor will he ever be and the same could be said for Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady. Rex should have never deferred the kick-off to a home team, never. Rex should have never challenged a spot especially if your going to go for it on 4th down anyway Rex is a comedy routine while Belichick is all business, you could see this on how the teams prepare and play. December football in the northeast is so much different then Football in Sept. and Oct. someone better let Sanchez and Ryan know this stat. and P.S. Let Ryan know is defense isn't all that

Thats fair.

I do agree.

Bottom line Jets and Pats will be 10-3 next week.The real litmus test for the Jets will be Pitt and I think Chicago is about to pulverize the Patsies, but we shall see.

There must be something to this NYJ team other than luck and I think its their ability to adapt and survive.
I could care less if they back into the Super Bowl.I just care that they win.

Crooks

PS
Anyone else here notice the Falcons.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabrera7 View Post
Looks like the Jury is in....Pats rule and Giants fans (even thought they did beat us in the superbowl in a hell of a game) are not nearly as obnoxious as Jet fans are....NOT even close. sorry bunch, better luck next year when I am sure Sanchez will still be considered a 'rookie' QB by jet fans.

This is pretty funny watching Southies and the LI Badabing army lock arms against the Jets.

Lets see how friendly y'all are when its back to Sox Yanks after the fail.

Dont hate.

Go Pawsox.
; )

Crooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seVkkimXh08

Last edited by Crookhaven; 12-08-2010 at 06:11 AM..

Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,248,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabrera7 View Post
The Pats haven't won anything since being caught, fined and penalized through the loss of draft picks by the NFL for CHEATING. Even one of Billicheat's disciples just got fired for doing an overall poor job but the final straw was once again illegal videotaping.

As for the Monday night game, complete beat down but it is only one game. Everyone keeps talking about the weak competition the Jets have played, they were lucky to beat the Browns...didn't the Browns stomp the Pats?

This is still a Giant's town (even LI) but it seems the Jets have chipped into that a little in the past 12 months.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:30 PM

20 posts, read 28,292 times
For Mark Sanchez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWvfFj4aT5s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island