Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:28 AM

13 posts, read 98,071 times

Advertisements

Well.......It seems ive run out of time.....Im goin to be at her house.....in roosevelt.......thanks though guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 06:32 AM

110 posts, read 777,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondzz View Post
Well.......It seems ive run out of time.....Im goin to be at her house.....in roosevelt.......thanks though guys!
Good luck! After you get back, let us know what you thought of the area - I'm sure we're all curious about your reaction!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,674,904 times
Say Hey, Dr. J is from Roosevelt!!!!!

A well-known local NYC reporter I went to school with lives in Freeport. I won't reveal the name. And from visit out there, I haven't seen any so-called "ghetto problems".

Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM

222 posts, read 892,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Say Hey, Dr. J is from Roosevelt!!!!!

A well-known local NYC reporter I went to school with lives in Freeport. I won't reveal the name. And from visit out there, I haven't seen any so-called "ghetto problems".
"ghetto areas" = code word for people of color. Unfortunately on L.I. there is some credence to that, but it is not the rule. Most folk speak to the "changing demographics." What there really mean is that when some of color can afford to buy into "their" neighborhood, it somehow means that it's time to trade-up and move out. All it really means is that more people of color are in positions that allow them to live the american dream.

I say kudos to anyone, who can afford to purchase a home in nassau county, L.I. (post housing boom) in a decent area. Hopefully it will weed-out some of the narrow minded views and elevate the socioeconomic standing of the communities in which they live.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM

137 posts, read 744,533 times
Quote:
Well, I live in South Hampton. And this summer i'm going to be saying with my sister, I always knew she lived in Nassau County, but yesterday she told me she lived in roosevelt NY, instantly i got scared, Ive heard so many bad things about that town. Does anyone think i should go. My problem is that im a Hampton Girl and i don't think i can survive in such a place.

Can anyone tell me about the crime in Roosevelt?
I have a feeling that Diamondzz is yanking our chain. EVERYONE who actually lives in Southampton knows how to spell it.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:09 PM

110 posts, read 777,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I have a feeling that Diamondzz is yanking our chain. EVERYONE who actually lives in Southampton knows how to spell it.
That thought crossed my mind too, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt for less than perfect spelling/grammar/typing.

Maybe she's just visiting there for the summer, and it's a friend or college pal who lives in Roosevelt.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:09 AM

137 posts, read 744,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdrgal View Post
That thought crossed my mind too, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt for less than perfect spelling/grammar/typing.

Maybe she's just visiting there for the summer, and it's a friend or college pal who lives in Roosevelt.
Nah...lol!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:13 PM

eh,

Since i was little ive always spelled it like that. In addition to that i don't understand the logic in trying to "yank your chain". Also I clearly stated that i was goin to stay with my sister (who i havent physically seen in about a year). Furthermore, i asked you all about the town which i am visiting (unfortunately) i find it Superfluous for you to Inquire about the factuality of my story, due to the fact that it would be moronic to make up something up.

kaythanksbye!

Old 07-19-2007, 04:50 AM

106 posts, read 578,621 times
Quote:
eh,

Since i was little ive always spelled it like that. In addition to that i don't understand the logic in trying to "yank your chain". Also I clearly stated that i was goin to stay with my sister (who i havent physically seen in about a year). Furthermore, i asked you all about the town which i am visiting (unfortunately) i find it Superfluous for you to Inquire about the factuality of my story, due to the fact that it would be moronic to make up something up.

kaythanksbye!

geez!!!!!!!!!!! we help her out and this is the thanks we get...ingrate!!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 06:39 AM

No, please don't mistake my defense for not appreciating your help in this matter. However, i just did not feel teh need for deeve i believe to make such a comment specially when he/she cannot substantiate this theroy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island