Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:53 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH Fan View Post
Probably the same PD who got this one. Drugs are a LI issue not just an East End issue.

Newsday.com
Drugs are HUGE issue for ALL of LI, no ones exempt.
The good news here is the crackdown on the Bloods Street Gang.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloods.
I had always heard Riverhead was Crips and Latin Kings turf, I was wrong. Either way Its good to see the cooperation of LE task forces on the east end.
This is good news for everyone that lives in the area.If they get to the gangs, they get to the trouble. Trust me we had Pagans to contend with in RP.

Little by slowly.

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Since the dialogue began about RHS let's take note of some of the great kids that attend and give credit where it is due instead of have doubts about them or the school

NY Stock Market Game Winners

A Stock Market Game team of five students from Riverhead High School WON the Fall Semester Stock Market Game!

The Stock Market Game allows students to invest a hypothetical $100,000 in an online portfolio. This team of Riverhead students finished in first place in the Region out of 504 teams, first in the State out of 780 teams and among the Game’s Coordinators of 1132 teams. The Riverhead team placed ahead of teams from LI schools in Westbury, Smithtown West, Island Trees, Plainview-Old Bethpage, St. Anthonys, Deer Park, Garden City and West Islip and many others that participated in the game.

Our Schools
Thats awesome

Old 02-03-2011, 02:59 PM

46 posts, read 101,498 times
Crooks......please keep in mind that simply because an article identified a single individual with a Riverhead address doesn't equate to the entire town have a "Bloods" problem as you kind of insinuate.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Crooks......please keep in mind that simply because an article identified a single individual with a Riverhead address doesn't equate to the entire town have a "Bloods" problem as you kind of insinuate.

Ive been about as gracious as I get BHFan

Facts are stubborn things and Bloods are all over ELI per the story.

BH does not stink and I am quietly rooting for Riverhead.

Let's let this one sunset.
Shall we?

Crooks

Old 02-03-2011, 03:32 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,688,177 times
Quote:
... please keep in mind that simply because an article identified a single individual with a Riverhead address doesn't equate to the entire town have a "Bloods" problem as you kind of insinuate.

Especially since places that have a "Riverhead, NY 11901" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Riverhead are in the Hamlet of Northampton, the Hamlet of Riverside and the Hamlet of Flanders in the Town of Southampton, as well as in the Hamlet of Baiting Hollow, the Hamlet of Calverton, the Hamlet of Northville and the Hamlet of Aquebogue in the Town of Riverhead.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:52 PM

46 posts, read 101,498 times
Crooks.....sunset we shall my friend......but no need to quietly root for us....we're doing just fine out here!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Crooks.....sunset we shall my friend......but no need to quietly root for us....we're doing just fine out here!
Ok Blood, see you @ Bluesfest.

Peace.

Crooks

Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Would that make those areas any more desirable or safe by not calling them the Greens?
Im making legitimate observations about section 8 clusters on ELI, you are making assumptions about color.

Im sorry if your RE agent misled you.You clearly have a dog in this fight.

Good luck in Riverhead.

Crooks
Huh? What are you talking about? I've never lived in Riverhead. I live in Wading River but on the town of Riverhead side that is zoned for SWR. Which by the way includes most of Wading River. The SD goes as far as the new faux Victorians off of Kay Rd in Calverton.

In the past I worked part time as a cab driver in Hampton Bays. I know the neighborhood names in Riverhead very well. What you call project are not government owned apt, buildings. Hence the meaning of projects. They are privately owned low income housing called The Doctor's Path Apts. Just get your facts right before you post. That's all.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,770,208 times
Quote:
Maybe Crooks lives in the Greens. LOL. In all serious this has been great, much needed dialogue. I've been living out here over 6 yrs and get very frustrated with how people outside of Riverhead percieve the town and our schools when most have never even spent time out here. In all fairness to Crooks he (or she) is really no different than others who haven't experienced how great it is to live in Riverhead and get caught up in the perception. Heck, my wife and I almost didn't move to BH because a few friends and family shared similiar concerns as Crooks. Thankfully we didn't listen to everyone's opinion and came to BH anyway....and it was the best move we ever made. Is it Old Brookville or Harbor Hills...of course not.....but its great place to raise a family with a very good school district...including the High School! Go Blue Waves!

Crooks......when you make comments like "sorry you RE misled you", "schools are awfull", "anyone with two nickels to rub together send their kids to Mercy", "there's no Charter school in NE Brookhaven", "HS is a nightmare drug wise", "Riverhead is a Section 8 dumping ground"....it comes across as inflamatory and needs to be challenged.

Oh...another misperception....its not the Riverhead jail but the Suffolk County jail and is actually located in Southampton. Sorry......another one that just peeves me.

Thank you! I see you know the area and get it. I was just like Crooks, someone who visited the area but didn't really know it until I actually worked there and knew the reality of what is actually Riverhead and what isn't. One fact, most of the gang and drug prlems are not in the schools but actually in the town of Southampton in Riverside and Flanders. What is actually the Greens was a predominately black community of rental homes located between Rt 58 and E. main st. It was notorious for street drug sells. The Riverhead PD along with the State Troopers put an end to it because itwas a very visible stain on a town that is getting a major influx of retail and is trying to find solutions to revitalize its downtown. This neighborhood is on the crossroad of Aquebogue. The final results brand new owner occupird homes on the E. main st. border, no street drug sells and a changing demographics of working class Central Americans.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Is anyone else completely amazed that we have a NINE PAGE thread on Baiting Hollow?

Insanity...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island