Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM

730 posts, read 1,658,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Yes, you're always grieving "ahead". The reason some of us received refunds, is because we (or the companies we hired) had to go through the appeals process which went beyond the date on which the next assessment was based.

Example:
I appealed in 2009 for 2010, but the appeal went past the cut-off date in 2010 (for 2011), so I had to pay full taxes for 2010 pending the appeals outcome. The appeal was successful, so a refund check was eventually issued...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 03:02 PM

783 posts, read 1,424,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owed View Post
Elke Mariotti,

In your post on 1-29-11 you stated:

First time I wanted to grieve, I went to Mark Lewis …….

………Second time I grieved I used someone else, successfully; but I'm getting the money directly - payment doesn't go to them first. Supposedly a check will be coming in February.

But in your post on 6-17-2011, in your reply to me, you state:
……..I also used Property Tax Adjusters (Marsha Held, Elyse's partner) and yes, the refund goes to them; they take out their fee and cut you a check for the balance.

So which is it?????
‘Money direct’ OR 'refund goes to them'.
I would be curious to hear why you were unsure of how the money gets to you. I would hope you are not just advocating for a friend's company.
Or Was Property Tax Adjusters not clear??????

Personally, I still have not gotten my check from Property Tax Adjusters. Don’t get me wrong, I am not fearful, because I know I will get it. And I am not in a need for the money. But it is mine. And I want it.

When I called their office to verify some info on when the check might arrive, I asked to speak to Elyse, but I was put the phone with a person that was quite apparently a ‘newbie’, or more likely a Summer intern. She was polite, but answered every question with, “let me check, please hold on”.

2+2?
Let me check, please hold on.
The answer is 4

Not so confidence inspiring. Lame.
I used property Tax Adjuster also and they won my tax grievance for 2010/2011. I still haven't received my refund yet. Anyone in the same boat?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:00 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,161,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMing View Post
I used property Tax Adjuster also and they won my tax grievance for 2010/2011. I still haven't received my refund yet. Anyone in the same boat?
Chances are THEY haven't received it yet - once they do, they usually pass it on quickly. I called the County when I was in your boat the year prior, and the County was just getting ready to mail the checks... (months later ). Very annoying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island