Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
You're not understanding Crooks' real intention of exploiting a family tragedy in North massapequa. He's doing it solely to draw any attention away from the issues at Rocky Point. I really hope the Ciappa family doesn't stumble upon this thread to see how some d-bag in RP is using Ciappa's dead daughter because the D-bag can't handle a little drug reference about his lovely little town. Even though crooks loves to bash other towns like crazy (calling Smithtown, "dopetown") and other stupid as$ comments.

Have you looked at the recent numbers? 12 total out of probably the largest area in Nassau if you include all hamlets/villages with "Pequa" in them. Rocky point had 8. Pequa is 7 times the size of tiny RP, we've gone over this before when I showed you crime stats in RP are worse than you think.

Apples to Apples, Pequa is under control in 2011 relative to RP.
RP = 8 x 7= 56 Heroin arrests if it were the size of Pequa.
Pequas= 12

Looks like Rocky point would have about as many as Brentwood and Central Islip, if you take into account population size.

ps- this shiit's allover the place, duh! You're really making Rocky Point look trashy by using a dead teenage girl's name to prove some kind of point, that there is no need to prove. This threads about your little town, not the Ciappa family.

Again, very low C.
Wow.

Denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Wow.

Denial.
Is it really crooks? Or is it reality that bigger areas will get more attention. We know it's allover the place.

Suffolk county had 1,000 total heroin arrests compared to 12 in the Pequa's. What does that tell us?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Is it really crooks? Or is it reality that bigger areas will get more attention. We know it's allover the place.

Suffolk county had 1,000 total heroin arrests compared to 12 in the Pequa's. What does that tell us?
Im embarrassed for you right now.

You should be less concerned with how you stack up against RP and a little more concerned with how you stack up against Oyster Bay or Plainview.Apples to Apples?

Wow...just wow.
Epic Denial.

You Stay Classy Pequa.

Last edited by Crookhaven; 02-08-2011 at 10:56 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Wow...just wow.
Epic Denial.

You Stay Classy Pequa.
if you're really serious with your sudden passionate "concern" for the well-being of the rest of LI (which knowing your post history, I doubt it), read my posts here:

1- //www.city-data.com/forum/17041200-post78.html

2- //www.city-data.com/forum/17051227-post82.html

If you are really concerned about this, speak up at the higher level. The shiit starts at the top (Afghanistan, big pharma, prison system, ci a) and filters down to suburbia. I really am concerned. Again, I can't get a good read on you because you've never shown any real interest in this. I've put dozens of hours into researching the heroin epidemic, there's pretty much nothing we can do at the local level to stop it.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DogsImDone View Post
I Googled Plainedge HS. It is on Wyngate Dr, Massapequa, NY 11758

It might not be the same HS but it is in Massapequa. Unless there is some law that kids from the two school districts cant hang out then an OD of a kid from Massapequa makes no difference.

Is it a Seaford problem? That is where the girl went and OD.
It is an Islandwide problem but when someone posts a news report and says they think it was called "Massapequa: Heroin High" based on this incident it is worth pointing out that NOTHING in the report had anything to do with MHS.

It has already been posted that MHS started addressing heroin in a similar fashion to what RP and other towns mentioned here are doing at least as early as April.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:44 AM

182 posts, read 406,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
It is an Islandwide problem but when someone posts a news report and says they think it was called "Massapequa: Heroin High" based on this incident it is worth pointing out that NOTHING in the report had anything to do with MHS.

It has already been posted that MHS started addressing heroin in a similar fashion to what RP and other towns mentioned here are doing at least as early as April.
I am the one who posted the link about MHS community awareness forum and you are right it is an island wide problem.
My point is that the problem is not limited to one school district in Massapequa. Kids from different HS hang out together. Kids of different ages hang out. That is why I brought up the girl had OD in Seaford. Anyone who thinks it is not in their school district is in denial.

We know a certain poster likes to rag on certain areas to make his look better like his Three village thread. He made it sound like kids are dying all over the school and that is why the forum was needed when the forum appears to be like the one held in Rocky Point, MHS and other districts.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:29 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,633 times
Quote:
I am the one who posted the link about MHS community awareness forum and you are right it is an island wide problem.
My point is that the problem is not limited to one school district in Massapequa. Kids from different HS hang out together. Kids of different ages hang out. That is why I brought up the girl had OD in Seaford. Anyone who thinks it is not in their school district is in denial.

We know a certain poster likes to rag on certain areas to make his look better like his Three village thread. He made it sound like kids are dying all over the school and that is why the forum was needed when the forum appears to be like the one held in Rocky Point, MHS and other districts.
I completely agree, Massapequa has issues to deal with, just like the rest of the Island. You are also correct about my post being addressed to the person who is worried about everyone else's area.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:

Now I get it. duh!!! The RP thread was purely retaliatory.
OK fair enough.

Listen, I probably did a poor job of clarifying, I'm proud alumni (and at times to a fault).I wasnt ragging on 3V, I think its awesome that theyre finally stepping up after decades of "not my kid".I have many friends and family who live there and I care about them greatly.
//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...local-war.html

As for Massapequa, I have family there too who mean the world to me.They speak frequently about the drugs in the area but its a little hard not to take exception to the obvious RP bash when it was Massapequa that was featured on the CBS Evening News for its Heroin problem.

Again...glass houses.

Bottom line,I never suggested that RP was without issues, we lost a kid too. I am really, really glad that the NSYC and Father Frank are taking positive action on this.I've known for sometime that this workshop was in the works for RP and we fully support it. I'm very proud of the proactive steps we are taking as a community.You want to keep your head in the sand and pretend theres no problem then thats fine but at the end of the day this is really one big Island and I assure you that Heroin in Massapequa can and will kill a kid in RP or 3V (and vice versa).The playpen is way smaller than you think for junkies and the network is very, very tight.

Denial is the fuel....Awareness is the antidote.
It drives me batty to listen to folks pretend all is well.

Anyway your comments are more that fair, I know I can be a petty bastard at times and for that I truly apologize.Sorry if I upset you or Peqs or anyone else with our sad truth.The Heroin thing is really getting old and it may very well be the issue that ultimately sends us off the Island.

Peace,

Crooks

Last edited by Crookhaven; 02-09-2011 at 07:53 AM..

Old 02-09-2011, 07:53 AM

182 posts, read 406,473 times
Retaliatory no.

I don't live in any if the places you've mentioned but came away with the feeling you had a gripe of some kind because instead of giving Rocky Point a thumbs up for doing something you went and made a thread about Three village and a drug problem there. Before that you made a point of dragging up Smithtown.

To many people are affected by the drugs and it isn't getting better. We should focus in our own back yards which is the point of community forums and the point of my thread.

Quote:
Now I get it. duh!!! The RP thread was purely retaliatory.
OK fair enough.

Listen, I probably did a poor job of clarifying, I'm proud alumni (and at times to a fault).I wasnt ragging on 3V, I think its awesome that theyre finally stepping up after decades of "not my kid".I have many friends and family who live there and I care about them greatly.
//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...local-war.html

As for Massapequa, I have family there too who mean the world to me.They speak frequently about the drugs in the area but its a little hard not to take exception to the obvious RP bash when it was Massapequa that was featured on the CBS Evening News for its Heroin problem and not RP.
Again...glass houses.

Bottom line,I never suggested that RP was without issues, we lost a kid too. I am really, really glad that the NSYC and Father Frank are taking positive action on this.I've known for sometime that this workshop was in the works for RP and we fully support it. I'm very proud of the proactive steps we are taking as a community.You want to keep your head in the sand and pretend theres no problem then thats fine but at the end of the day this is really one big Island and I assure you that Heroin in Massapequa can and will kill a kid in RP or 3V (and vice versa).The playpen is way smaller than you think for junkies and the network is very, very tight.

Denial is the fuel....Awareness is the antidote.
It drives me batty to listen to folks pretend all is well.

Anyway your comments are more that fair, I know I can be a petty bastard at times and for that I truly apologize.Sorry if I upset you or Peqs or anyone else with our sad truth.The Heroin thing is really getting old and it may very well be the issue that ultimately sends us off the Island.

Peace,

Crooks

Old 02-09-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Retaliatory no.

I don't live in any if the places you've mentioned but came away with the feeling you had a gripe of some kind because instead of giving Rocky Point a thumbs up for doing something you went and made a thread about Three village and a drug problem there. Before that you made a point of dragging up Smithtown.

To many people are affected by the drugs and it isn't getting better. We should focus in our own back yards which is the point of community forums and the point of my thread.
Thats fine.

Again I wanst aware of the flyer until you posted it but I did include RPs flyer in the 3V thread.We're not ashamed of it, its a great move.

I'm pretty sure its open so youre welcome to attend.Smithtowns not too far of a drive and I know they've been doing some community outreach as well.Fr Frank is a good man.

The point we are all missing is that its all our back yard.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island