Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:22 AM

884 posts, read 1,407,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
LOL...no way Queens East ; ), they would never tarnish the "Country" brand by putting one in Nassau.
You dont even see them in CT till out East and up North.

My guess is 101 near Yaphank/Rt 58 in Riverhead etc.
MAYBE Near 63 by the old Multiplex depending on whats coming in rail wise.

Truthfully Id be stunned if they came here at all.We just dont fit their brand as much as wed like to think otherwise.
I bet they are carefully monitoring the success of County 96.1.

I hope they do come. Love to see a Stew Leonards too.

Crooks
There is one in Milford, CT, just east of Bridgeport and near the water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 AM

884 posts, read 1,407,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Yes! I love Cracker Barrel. Are they really going to leave rocking chairs and checker games sets out on a porch unattended?
You never hear of anyone walking off with them in other states. If I were them I wouldn't leave them out unattended.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 AM

863 posts, read 2,110,295 times
Default Golden Corral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtracey View Post
Seems like another food chain is looking to come to Long Island. Was told that Cracker Barrel is looking for space. Wonder where they would go (as most Cracker Barrels require a lot of space)?

Only thing that is needed now is a Wegman's, but I have been told by their Real Estate department that they are not planning to build a Wegman's on the island.
I say forget Wegam's. We need to close what ever old country buffet is left on the island and open Golden Corral. To quote Homer Simpson "Mm mm Gluttony"

I saw we start a partition to have Golden Corral come to the island.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,168,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
I say forget Wegam's. We need to close what ever old country buffet is left on the island and open Golden Corral. To quote Homer Simpson "Mm mm Gluttony"

I saw we start a partition to have Golden Corral come to the island.
Golden Corral was here but closed. The last one I think was in Commack a few years ago.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,168,776 times
***Perfect place for Cracker Barrel- the Charlie Brown location in Holtsville by Nicholls Rd. and the expressway.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 PM

939 posts, read 2,314,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Golden Corral was here but closed. The last one I think was in Commack a few years ago.
yup... it's where the now defunct charlie browns is on 347

Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,046,120 times
Yum! Cracker Barrel pancakes are like crack.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:39 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,251,271 times
Is this place really that good? I have eaten at one or two, my wife always wants to go when we are on the raod. I never really thought it was so great though.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,759,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
LOL...no way Queens East ; ), they would never tarnish the "Country" brand by putting one in Nassau.
You dont even see them in CT till out East and up North.

My guess is 101 near Yaphank/Rt 58 in Riverhead etc.
MAYBE Near 63 by the old Multiplex depending on whats coming in rail wise.

Truthfully Id be stunned if they came here at all.We just dont fit their brand as much as wed like to think otherwise.
I bet they are carefully monitoring the success of County 96.1.

I hope they do come. Love to see a Stew Leonards too.

Crooks
I could care less about Cracker Barrel, ate there a bunch of times with relatives in Virginia and the food is way too heavy for my taste.
However, I would love to see Stew Leonard's on the Island, they would make a killing too.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:16 PM

19,281 posts, read 17,167,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Is this place really that good? I have eaten at one or two, my wife always wants to go when we are on the raod. I never really thought it was so great though.
It really is good hearty food. Seniors love it and it's way better than Golden Trough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island