Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:57 PM

62 posts, read 113,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
That club in particular has had some pretty well documented challenges.
Quote:
I wish you well with your challenges in Port Jeff Station and I know, as Alumni, you wish us well with ours.
Quote:
Not at all.
LI has far greater challenges than Billy F.
ugh seems like there r 2 many challenges 4 li these days
thought that by moving 2 suffolk i could escape the urban transotional zone
that is coming in 2 the "dying suburbs" nearer 2 the city
now i dont rly kno...

in the local youtube breaking news segment the anchor says
that rocky pt residents r spooked by the hot97 wakaflaka flames "performance"
at the craphole urban "bump-n-grind" club on the corner
i am kindof spooked by it 2
is any1 else spooked by this?

seems like all of these urban problems (guns/ms-13/knife fites)
are invading r upper middle class realm
think mayb it is time 2 replicate my youth in north carolina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 04:31 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,934,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comsewoguefam View Post
Crooks,
I realize you live in RP NOW and will defend it to the death I am not looking to get into a debate over it or vs other towns. The area has come a long way but please know that anyone who grew up there will be the first to tell you there has been PLENTY of bar brawls, drugs, domestic violence, shootings, prostitution and so on there over the years. YES it is much better than it was but....some things will never change. How long have you lived there?
I'm a comsewogue HS graduate, I lived in that area for 25 years and Port Jeff Station is hardly a model for upscale living. The terryville motor lodge has been a known spot for prostitution and drug deals for decades. Lets not forget the number of fights and arrests made at tara's and the other bar on the corner by the tracks over the years. I know, that's not PJS right? That is comsewogue though.
You are going to have a hard time convincing me (or anyone else for that matter) that PJS is Eden compared to RP
I will admit I don't get back to Comsewogue-Land much anymore, I never really made it a point to say in touch with people from high school. I always say if want to see my classmates, I can go into Pathmark- they all still work there.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Where is this bad element being drawn in from? Riverhead? Down the Floyd?
The OPs daughter came all the way out to RP to see this convicted felon jump up and down and click and chant like something out of an African tribe about gangs, guns and drugs from lovely Massapequa.

Waka Flocka Surrenders To Police On Warrant Stemming From Home Raid | Defsounds.com: Breaking Hip Hop News & Hip Hop Songs

And because this club allowed a promoter to bring this useless piece of dog dung in to "perform" and middle-class suburban kids were willing to traverse long island to pay to see him and his posse somehow that reflects poorly on RP?
Come on people. Let's discuss why our young people are fascinated by these criminals and why our society has allowed them to become famous and wealthy. That's a much more troubling problem than a bunch of hoodlums showing up to see a ghetto circus in a random location.

Last edited by KellyFG; 05-08-2011 at 06:04 PM..

Old 05-08-2011, 10:35 PM

33 posts, read 69,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
I'm a comsewogue HS graduate, I lived in that area for 25 years and Port Jeff Station is hardly a model for upscale living. The terryville motor lodge has been a known spot for prostitution and drug deals for decades. Lets not forget the number of fights and arrests made at tara's and the other bar on the corner by the tracks over the years. I know, that's not PJS right? That is comsewogue though.
You are going to have a hard time convincing me (or anyone else for that matter) that PJS is Eden compared to RP
I will admit I don't get back to Comsewogue-Land much anymore, I never really made it a point to say in touch with people from high school. I always say if want to see my classmates, I can go into Pathmark- they all still work there.
This thread isn't about Comsewogue or PJS for that matter.......there are plenty of those on here though! I NEVER said PJS is a garden of eden did I? I can name some towns that I feel are pretty garden of eden-ish here on Long Island however PJS, RP and SB wouldn't be on my list. I am not in the "upscale living bracket" and never claimed to be.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comsewoguefam View Post
This thread isn't about Comsewogue or PJS for that matter.......there are plenty of those on here though! I NEVER said PJS is a garden of eden did I? I can name some towns that I feel are pretty garden of eden-ish here on Long Island however PJS, RP and SB wouldn't be on my list. I am not in the "upscale living bracket" and never claimed to be.
So then we agree Comsewogue, you know what they say about people that live in glass houses throwing stones

Old 05-09-2011, 05:47 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
The OPs daughter came all the way out to RP to see this convicted felon jump up and down and click and chant like something out of an African tribe about gangs, guns and drugs from lovely Massapequa.
Ok, first off, I am not the grammar police, but you may want to take a look at this because your statement makes no sense> QUIZ: REPAIRING RUN-ON SENTENCES

The OP comes on here to post once a month. Pequa is 2+ hrs round-trip from rp. The club is open 11-4 and 2am "curfew" supposedly for the OP's daughter. By the time the daughter got in the club and situated, she'd be heading home to make it before 2. Common sense people.

Quote:
And because this club allowed a promoter to bring this useless piece of dog dung in to "perform" and middle-class suburban kids were willing to traverse long island to pay to see him and his posse somehow that reflects poorly on RP?
Come on people. Let's discuss why our young people are fascinated by these criminals and why our society has allowed them to become famous and wealthy. That's a much more troubling problem than a bunch of hoodlums showing up to see a ghetto circus in a random location.
Great, let's blame society and the rest of LI for Rocky Point issues

ps- Rap ain't all bad.. it's not just "convicted felons jump up and down and click and chant like something out of an African tribe about gangs, guns and drugs" as you put it

pps- pequa is pretty lovely, thanks for the genuine comment with no snootiness detected at all.

Last edited by Pequaman; 05-09-2011 at 05:59 AM..

Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long island POSTER View Post
ugh seems like there r 2 many challenges 4 li these days
thought that by moving 2 suffolk i could escape the urban transotional zone
that is coming in 2 the "dying suburbs" nearer 2 the city
now i dont rly kno...

in the local youtube breaking news segment the anchor says
that rocky pt residents r spooked by the hot97 wakaflaka flames "performance"
at the craphole urban "bump-n-grind" club on the corner
i am kindof spooked by it 2
is any1 else spooked by this?

seems like all of these urban problems (guns/ms-13/knife fites)
are invading r upper middle class realm
think mayb it is time 2 replicate my youth in north carolina
The club in Rocky Point sounds like a dump you'd find in Hempstead. Has anyone else thought it could be the same 'group' from last week that is responsible for this shooting? Last week:

YouTube - Swastikas Painted on Rocky Point Home

The neighbors in Rocky Point "live in fear", according to the anchor.
Poor guy, I feel bad for him... Anyone else want to raise money for Chris so he can buy a new car?

There's some history of this here
Four teens accused of hate crime in Rocky Point (http://www.news12.com/archive/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=177963&position=1&news _type=news - broken link)

might be racial tensions brewing in RP, neo nazi groups vs "hot 97 crowd"? idk

Last edited by Pequaman; 05-09-2011 at 06:05 AM..

Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Ok, first off, I am not the grammar police, but you may want to take a look at this because your statement makes no sense> QUIZ: REPAIRING RUN-ON SENTENCES

The OP comes on here to post once a month. Pequa is 2+ hrs round-trip from rp. The club is open 11-4 and 2am "curfew" supposedly for the OP's daughter. By the time the daughter got in the club and situated, she'd be heading home to make it before 2. Common sense people.

Great, let's blame society and the rest of LI for Rocky Point issues

ps- Rap ain't all bad.. it's not just "convicted felons jump up and down and click and chant like something out of an African tribe about gangs, guns and drugs" as you put it

pps- pequa is pretty lovely, thanks for the genuine comment with no snootiness detected at all.
Thank you Pequaman AKA grammar police. Apparently fragments are not offensive to you, very interesting.
How do you know what time the OPs daughter arrived in RP? Again, I stick to my point that these young people are foolishly driving all over LI to spend such a short time in unknown environment. Mr. Flocka Flame looks a lot like the kind of gentlemen you'll see roaming around the gem of the Pequa's "The Sunrise Mall"; I think you should be more concerned about that than trying to become an expert on a town that is 50+ miles (and a world away) from Massapequa.
Having worked in Massapequa for over 10 years and still having a few clients there now I'm very familiar with the N******* mentality.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
So then we agree Comsewogue, you know what they say about people that live in glass houses throwing stones
did everyone get that? Kelly has decided who can and cannot have an opinion. We sure are lucky to have her here...

Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
The club in Rocky Point sounds like a dump you'd find in Hempstead. Has anyone else thought it could be the same 'group' from last week that is responsible for this shooting? Last week:

YouTube - Swastikas Painted on Rocky Point Home

The neighbors in Rocky Point "live in fear", according to the anchor.
Poor guy, I feel bad for him... Anyone else want to raise money for Chris so he can buy a new car?

There's some history of this here
Four teens accused of hate crime in Rocky Point (http://www.news12.com/archive/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=177963&position=1&news _type=news - broken link)

might be racial tensions brewing in RP, neo nazi groups vs "hot 97 crowd"? idk

Idk Peqs,

We dont live in fear and calling my Italian American neighbors Neo Nazis is probably a bit unfair as well.Since youre tripping over bags of Mafia money and lost pinky rings on the way through North Amityville, to avoid your neighbors in the Satanic Army of Massapequa Park ; ) Park. Perhaps you could pony up to get Mr Marciano a new hoopty?

I think the bottom line here is that patrons of a club are generally not reflective of an entire community(see Hampton Bays).The sprit of this thread is absurd, its like saying Plainview is Gang Turf because of the Hells Angel/Pagan Biker incident that closed The Vanderbilt.

Melee Hinders Hells Angels In Attempt to Improve Image - NYTimes.com

In all fairness, that was probably Rocky Points fault too, in so far as all of our neighbors are Pagans. Then again if they were, it probably woudnt have been the kind hand of the SCPD that responded to the Wacka WTF incident.

Ive been hanging back on this thread to see how the story develops, wrongly assuming youd wait as well. Shame on me for not consulting you sooner on the facts.

All I can say is with each passing day I am more and more grateful to be further away form the drama of NYC. I am confident this is the death rattle for Club Oxygen. Its bad press but good news for Rocky Point.

I (still) love it here.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island