Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:01 PM

30 posts, read 100,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor123 View Post
By diverse I mean AA's, Lations, whites all in the same area.
Ur from the park, which im very sure has more irish than plain pequa does.
But anyways its not that there are too many Italians and Non-ginger Irish. The nicest and most racially accepting people ive ever met in my life have been AA's and id love to be in community with more of them. i know by looking at the census that lindy is 20% AA...yeah!
How diverse would you consider North Lindenhurst (Just North not anywhere else in Lindy) (your own opinion not census)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:47 PM

449 posts, read 1,132,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthLindyGuy View Post
How diverse would you consider North Lindenhurst (Just North not anywhere else in Lindy) (your own opinion not census)
Well I'm moving tomorrow so I don't know yet. When I checked it out it seemed pretty diverse.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Where do the Ignoramus fall on this list ?
> American FactFinder Help
R u trying to insult me???

Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,747,858 times
Quote:
R u trying to insult me???
no way ..if I was trying to insult you I would say something like "you're a feckin idiot"... never said anything like that.

Ignoramus (ignoramii?) are fine by me -- I like the diversity, I was just curious what the % was on LI , since you have all the facts.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
no way ..if I was trying to insult you I would say something like "you're a feckin idiot"... never said anything like that.

Ignoramus (ignoramii?) are fine by me -- I like the diversity, I was just curious what the % was on LI , since you have all the facts.
I don't have all of the facts, I'm just going by experience. Obviously I know
More Italians than you do. As for ignoramus, I think it's about 45%. I know a lot of ignoramus but a lot of genius, too.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:01 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,330,882 times
UM, i'd just like to point out that it seems like a lot of people who call themselves "Italian-American" are only 1/2 Italian or even 1/4 Italian; so the the numbers of Italian-Am may seem higher than it really is to people..

Old 05-27-2011, 09:03 PM

Whoops! Sorry for hijacking your thread, OP. As for how lindy is changing, I have seen a lot of businesses closed down, but judging by the amount of boats, it looks like that industry is thriving! Lol!
Oh and quick question: where is downtown Lindenhurst?

Old 05-28-2011, 12:19 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
Well i have a different opinion on the definetion of diversity
Your diverse view is less inclusive than Walter's diverse view. Your's is more like "diversity lite"

Old 05-28-2011, 12:22 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
UM, i'd just like to point out that it seems like a lot of people who call themselves "Italian-American" are only 1/2 Italian or even 1/4 Italian; so the the numbers of Italian-Am may seem higher than it really is to people..
The POTUS is bi-racial but self identifies as AA. If a person is more Italian looking, was raised in a household where his Italian heritage was celebrated, that 1/4 to 1/2 Italian is going to self identify as Italian American as opposed to the other portion of the descent.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:18 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Whoops! Sorry for hijacking your thread, OP. As for how lindy is changing, I have seen a lot of businesses closed down, but judging by the amount of boats, it looks like that industry is thriving! Lol!
Oh and quick question: where is downtown Lindenhurst?
If you do not even know where "downtown Lindenhurst" is, then maybe its a sign that you do not know the area and should not be commenting about Lindenhurst. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island