Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2007, 01:04 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,678,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
If they are moving up the ladder what is the problem? If they cared enough to better themselves they are not going to want to live in the mess they started in. I could see if you are complaining of rentals and welfare encroaching. anyway LI will be either wealthy or poor in the future, the middle class are moving out and in there place depending where you are will either be rich or poor. we are fighting to stay but the taxes will eventually bury everyone. even if your house is paid for who can pay over 1000 a month just for taxes on a fixed income when they retire? not the regular guy. even if they could I doubt they will want to.
Amen 62

You are correct Sir.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:24 PM

127 posts, read 521,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
TheSeventhBrady: what areas are you talking about?
I live in Port Washington. The part of Port Washington I didn't care for -- which with its multi-family homes reminded me too much of Brooklyn -- was an area called Manorhaven.

Sorry it took me this long to answer; we were at the Mets game and just got home a little while ago.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:40 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,785 times
What is the point of this conversation then if you are comfortable with minorities moving into your neighborhood, going to the same schools as your kids and dating your daughters. Your point is that as long as they are of your same class you don't care. Is that what I am hearing from you Clamboy and NY62?

So if Rocky Point or Tolland, Connecticut turns minority it doesn't matter. You would still live there as long as it is the same class of people as yourself. Clamboy. The same goes for NY62 - if your neighborhood changes and you were in the minority you would stay as well.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:43 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,934,657 times
Quote:

What you seem to ignore is that minorities are moving up the economic ladder. Many are getting good paying jobs in NYC. They are teachers, cops, school administrators, MTA workers, ConEd. workers, etc...
Anyone that is able to become a civil servant has obviously taken the time to better themselves & if they work hard enough at those jobs (in which case they won't be qualifying for all those handouts you spoke about) then they DESERVE to live wherever the hell they want! So you are saying that if a young black couple moves next door to you & the wife is a teacher in NB schools & the husband is a city cop you have a problem with them being your neighbors????? To even IMPLY that hard working people of any race can't live in certain areas is SICK.
You need your head examined, there has got to be some "happy pill" some doctor can prescribe for you to relieve your extreme paranoia & fear of other races. You should call in to Howard Stern tomorrow morning, he's always looking for new over the top racist characters, maybe you'd feel more fulfilled if you were a celebrity.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:53 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,785 times
The question was not for you KellyFG. We already know that you aprove of miscegenation.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
What is the point of this conversation then if you are comfortable with minorities moving into your neighborhood, going to the same schools as your kids and dating your daughters. Your point is that as long as they are of your same class you don't care. Is that what I am hearing from you Clamboy and NY62?

So if Rocky Point or Tolland, Connecticut turns minority it doesn't matter. You would still live there as long as it is the same class of people as yourself. Clamboy. The same goes for NY62 - if your neighborhood changes and you were in the minority you would stay as well.
For me...yes.

If they we're educated, respectful and productive neighbors, color for me would be a non issue.

What are you afraid of?

Are the remaing few whites in North Babylon this racist and angry?

C

Last edited by clamboy; 08-12-2007 at 07:35 PM..

Old 08-12-2007, 07:35 PM

81 posts, read 411,066 times
Quote:
If they were educated, respectful and productive neighbors, color for me would be a non issue.
Amen! I'm totally with Clamboy and Kelly on this one.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudiRose View Post
Amen! I'm totally with Clamboy and Kelly on this one.
Thanks Trudi

One point of clarification, regardless of color, productive for me would equal documented and tax paying.

El Salvadorian, Russian, Turkish or Irish, for me it would make no difference.

A transient and undocumented society benefits no one but the wealthy.

C

Old 08-12-2007, 08:10 PM

222 posts, read 893,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Thanks Trudi

One point of clarification, regardless of color, productive for me would equal documented and tax paying.

El Salvadorian, Russian, Turkish or Irish, for me it would make no difference.

A transient and undocumented society benefits no one but the wealthy.

C
I Agree Totally!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:13 AM

81 posts, read 411,066 times
I agree with that too. It's all about being productive, responsible people who give back to the community, which includes being legal and paying taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island