Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,785 times

Advertisements

What neighborhoods are not changing?

Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,934,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StanleyCups View Post
Now that's another thing I just don't "get": the Great Migration from LI to North Carolina, specifically the Triangle area (Raleigh/Durham).

About 3 years ago I was invited to visit a friend who had moved to one of those suburbs and was raving about how much they loved it. From his description (literally "exactly like Long Island, only with half the property taxes and half the house prices!") I was expecting something great. I'd never been to NC before, as most of my traveling south had been by plane from LI to specific areas in Florida (the Keys, Sarasota, and Orlando).

So I was unprepared for the "demographics shock" of the Raleigh area, to say the least. And was very uncomfortable with it.

After I got back home and mentioned my experience to a family member, the response was "Well, what did you expect, for gawdsake? North Carolina is the South!" Duh. Of course it is. It's not "Long Island South" it's The South. Long Island is one of the most segregated places in the country (whether you think that's good or bad is irrelevant; it just IS). The southern states are way more integrated than LI will probably ever be. So I'd think that anyone who isn't comfortable with being in an integrated area, wouldn't want to move to NC no matter how much cheaper it is. Isn't that logic? But people don't always research, or research enough. So when I hear and read about people who move down there being unhappy and wanting to move back to the Northeast, I wonder how much of that is due to the demographics but they are too politically correct to come right out and say so....

Just a thought.

you made my point MUCH better than I was able to....anybody with an IQ greater than their shoe size would NOT move to NC from LI due to "white flight".

Old 08-11-2007, 05:25 AM

[quote=Dee62;1255512]Kelly Eventhough there are many non-white people who buy homes maintain them and are very nice neighbors their children who are sent to public and private schools are exposed to a multicultural educational agenda which promotes viral hatred towards whites. After a formerly white neighborhood attains a certain racial balance (intergrated) many whites are forced to relocate because of the Racist anti-white and anti-European attitudes which culminate from non-white people .

Just as whites were brought up to hate everyone but whites, I'm sorry but I have an open mind when it comes to races, I refuse to judge an entire race of people based on the color of their skin. And for the record Mastic & Shirley was mostly white up until about 25-30 years ago & the property values sucked then too. White trash in VOLUME just like trash of any color in volume will bring down house values. One bad house won't ruin it for an area.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
KellyFG: You are reading the stats wrong. Look lower at non-Hispanic Whites - 66%.

I must have been half asleep the night this post was started because I clearly was not able to get my point across....EXACTLY there are LESS whites there than here, so explain to me why people are leaving LI in masses to go there....because they want to live where its all white? That doesn't make any sense, they are leaving because they think the grrass in greener. It happened in the early 90's with all the young families going to Florida for cheap living, that didn't work out either.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:41 AM

They are moving there with the expectation that things will be better than here. However, as many others posts have pointed out, many former Long Islanders are quite disappointed with their new surroundings. They may love that new home that was so affordable, but they don't think the schools are good. I'll translate - the schools are too integrated.

Face it, when ever and where ever an area becomes too black everything falls apart. Can you name one place on Long Island that is now better because it is majority black? Whites instinctively know to avoid blacks. The only reason those schools in the south are integrated is because of years of forced bussing at gunpoint by bed wetting liberals.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
They are moving there with the expectation that things will be better than here. However, as many others posts have pointed out, many former Long Islanders are quite disappointed with their new surroundings. They may love that new home that was so affordable, but they don't think the schools are good. I'll translate - the schools are too integrated.

Face it, when ever and where ever an area becomes too black everything falls apart. Can you name one place on Long Island that is now better because it is majority black? Whites instinctively know to avoid blacks. The only reason those schools in the south are integrated is because of years of forced bussing at gunpoint by bed wetting liberals.
I live in a very white area and I'm not saying I'm going to move to Roosevelt, what I am saying is if people move into my community I will welcome them regardless of skin color. If they don't maintain their home I'll call the town & complain until they get a fine, just like I'd do to any of the white people that live here now. My daughter's friend is here sleeping over, she is Korean. Her family moved from Korea to Flushing in 2004, then her mother became fearful of gang activity & they moved to Lynbrook, the kid hates it. Her & her sister are the only Korean kids in the entire middle school....so I can understand why people tend to stay with people that look like them.
It is reality that on LI people of like races want to be together, and that is ok. I am personally more offended when I see areas that have been taken over by a language other than english.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:40 AM

Why do you live in a White neighborhood when you promote an inter-racial lifestyle?

Again. Name me one place on Long Island that is better now because it is majority black?

Old 08-11-2007, 08:33 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,678,385 times
[quote=KellyFG;1256491]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
Kelly Eventhough there are many non-white people who buy homes maintain them and are very nice neighbors their children who are sent to public and private schools are exposed to a multicultural educational agenda which promotes viral hatred towards whites. After a formerly white neighborhood attains a certain racial balance (intergrated) many whites are forced to relocate because of the Racist anti-white and anti-European attitudes which culminate from non-white people .

Just as whites were brought up to hate everyone but whites, I'm sorry but I have an open mind when it comes to races, I refuse to judge an entire race of people based on the color of their skin. And for the record Mastic & Shirley was mostly white up until about 25-30 years ago & the property values sucked then too. White trash in VOLUME just like trash of any color in volume will bring down house values. One bad house won't ruin it for an area.
To be perfectly frank....its the poor whites in Mastic/Shirley that scare me (PWT).

That and the Res.
(but I loved it when I was a smoker)

Classism is the new racism.
Poverty breeds crime... not ethnicity.

We had "other than white"in Stony Brook when was there in the 80s
(Still does today because SUSB).

Guess what....no crime.
Why ...people had money in the town.

We have some old school die hard PWT peppered across North and Central Brookhaven too.
Many have bailed once they saw what they could get for their "Rustic Charmer".
(Swap my bulldozer bungalow in Sound Beach for twice the house in Mastic.....Sold)

Desparate people do desparate things....Mastic strikes me as a desparate town that is trying its best to heal.

I think in time it will.

C

Last edited by clamboy; 08-11-2007 at 08:48 AM..

Old 08-11-2007, 08:39 AM

Please explain why blacks commit most of the violent crimes in America?

Old 08-11-2007, 08:53 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,678,385 times
Quote:
Please explain why blacks commit most of the violent crimes in America?

Poverty by design.

Thats changing though.

The new Black is Brown.

MS13 style
C

PS
What really freaks me out on LI are the Kid touchers
Middle aged white guys

We gotta get you outta North Babylon brother.
: )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island