Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:16 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,581,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylander View Post
And I'll bet you're one of the guys who should be stopping and ticketing said pathological drivers... yes? Regardless, I will be contacting the county executive and police commissioner on this very lethal problem. If you choose to ignore it you are either one of the problem drivers, a pedestrian, or an elderly shut-in running Windows 95 who hasn't driven in 30 years.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:46 PM

84 posts, read 166,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacoupe View Post
LMFAO... so either I am a cop or I must be a lunitic driver Not possible that I am just an average hard working guy with a non biased opinion on something almost everyone on this island does on a daily basis and doesnt seem to encounter Hmmmm

You are special I hope to see more threads from you in the future

There are plenty of "average hard working guys" who are complete douchebags behind the wheel of a car. You can't use the "hard working guy" thing as a means of circumventing the very glaring issue presented in the original post.

Please submit your solution to this problem, a problem you very well know exists, so that we may evaluate it and perhaps include it in our proposal to the county. Thank you.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:02 PM

There is another solution of course... and one we will probably have to eventually take if our resident police officers on this board are any indication of what to expect on our roads; We may, and probably will, have to end unionized policing in Nassau County permanently...

Rather than having unionized cops who refuse to do this and refuse to do that, the county can open the policing services to competitive bid and take offers from security firms across the United States. This will save the county millions upon millions of dollars per quarter and give the county the muscle it needs to force the policing agency to comply with it's contract. If after one year the county does not feel the current policing firm is fulfilling it's obligation it can simply not renew the contract and re-open the services to outside bid once again. No more will the county have to pay medical, dental, sick days, retirement, or anything else the current unionized officers takes for granted. I assure you that if a firm was brought in from out of state to do this job under competitive bid they would do it far more efficiently for half the price (perhaps even less than half the price) of the current bloated nonresponsive system.

So it's up to you cops, do your job or out you go... We don't need YOU, you need US. Never forget that. Here's your ticket book, and here's your pen... Now go get 'em, or else.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:07 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,810 times
Quote:
There is another solution of course... and one we will probably have to eventually take if our resident police officers on this board are any indication of what to expect on our roads; We may, and probably will, have to end unionized policing in Nassau County permanently...

Rather than having unionized cops who refuse to do this and refuse to do that, the county can open the policing services to competitive bid and take offers from security firms across the United States. This will save the county millions upon millions of dollars per quarter and give the county the muscle it needs to force the policing agency to comply with it's contract. If after one year the county does not feel the current policing firm is fulfilling it's obligation it can simply not renew the contract and re-open the services to outside bid once again. No more will the county have to pay medical, dental, sick days, retirement, or anything else the current unionized officers takes for granted. I assure you that if a firm was brought in from out of state to do this job under competitive bid they would do it far more efficiently for half the price (peurhaps even less than half the price) of the current bloated nonresponsive system.

So it's up to you cops, do your job or out you go... We don't need YOU, you need US. Never forget that. Here's your ticket book, and here's your pen... Now go get 'em, or else.

I believe the cops do their job everyday.

Two Nassau officers have been killed in the line of duty this year and hundreds of more nationwide protecting the like of nitwits like yourself

Old 08-14-2011, 02:22 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,810 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what, you want proof (as if you need proof)? I'll video one of my rides around Nassau County for you... I'll ask a friend of mine how he uses the helmet cam on his motorcycle and I'll give you all the proof you need okay? And once you have proof of that which you already know to be the case you can come back to this thread and tell us all what your plan is to combat this craziness, deal?

Deal???
Helmet cams?

Someone needs to get a life.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:16 AM

168 posts, read 314,646 times
Quote:
There are plenty of "average hard working guys" who are complete douchebags behind the wheel of a car. You can't use the "hard working guy" thing as a means of circumventing the very glaring issue presented in the original post.

Please submit your solution to this problem, a problem you very well know exists, so that we may evaluate it and perhaps include it in our proposal to the county. Thank you.
I agree there are "those" douchebags as well as those passive agressive types that try to enforce there will on others when behind the wheel... come to think of it there are literally millions of personalities behind the wheel and I try to deal with almost all of them in the safest manner I can without endangering others to the best of my abilities.

I will not comment on Nassau county police compensation and taxes because I do not live in Nassau County. I "think" I am in North Patchogue but without Walters guidance I may unkowingly be in some other hamlet of Long Island. Regardless I do see NCPD pulling people over all the time when I pass through. I also have MUCH respect for NCPD, I broke down and needed to change a flat tire on the side of the LIE one day on my normal commute. You see the officer put his cruiser and himself in harms way to protect me while I made the necessary repairs. I have also noticed this on many other occasions for other drivers as well.

Thank you NCPD... I never got the chance to say it that day as I was in a rush to get to work on time.

I can see you have an agenda against Police from your posts. It is always scary for me to see people call for such extreme measures as you are on nothing more than a perception of what they see without full knowledge of the entire picture.

The outsourcing of such duties to private interests scares me more than any road or highway on Long Island ever could.

Good luck on your agenda against police.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:28 AM

939 posts, read 1,845,232 times
Quote:

Rather than having unionized cops who refuse to do this and refuse to do that, the county can open the policing services to competitive bid and take offers from security firms across the United States. This will save the county millions upon millions of dollars per quarter and give the county the muscle it needs to force the policing agency to comply with it's contract. If after one year the county does not feel the current policing firm is fulfilling it's obligation it can simply not renew the contract and re-open the services to outside bid once again. No more will the county have to pay medical, dental, sick days, retirement, or anything else the current unionized officers takes for granted. I assure you that if a firm was brought in from out of state to do this job under competitive bid they would do it far more efficiently for half the price (perhaps even less than half the price) of the current bloated nonresponsive system.

Great plan. Tell us all what your buddy Ed Mangano thinks of it. In fact, why don't you give Newsday and Channel 12 a call and offer them your solutions to this and all of the other crises you seem to be experiencing.

Should be very entertaining.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:33 AM

939 posts, read 1,845,232 times
Quote:
What sounds familiar is the universal stupidity of the average unionized police officer who wouldn't last 10 minutes in a real policing environment. You know it and I know it...

Please submit your solution to the glaring problem outlined in the original post or kindly zip it, "officer"
You know, Skippy, none of can yet figure out the "glaring problem" you cite. You seem to be the only one to experience multiple near-death traffic experiences. And yet you can't seem to describe any of the situations or circumstances. Very strange.

And by the way, next time you get stopped by a cop -- any cop -- give him your take on the "...universal stupidity of the average unionized police officer who wouldn't last 10 minutes in a real policing environment." Make sure that someone is taking video of the encounter because it's sure to be very entertaining.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacoupe View Post
I agree there are "those" douchebags as well as those passive agressive types that try to enforce there will on others when behind the wheel... come to think of it there are literally millions of personalities behind the wheel and I try to deal with almost all of them in the safest manner I can without endangering others to the best of my abilities.

I will not comment on Nassau county police compensation and taxes because I do not live in Nassau County. I "think" I am in North Patchogue but without Walters guidance I may unkowingly be in some other hamlet of Long Island. Regardless I do see NCPD pulling people over all the time when I pass through. I also have MUCH respect for NCPD, I broke down and needed to change a flat tire on the side of the LIE one day on my normal commute. You see the officer put his cruiser and himself in harms way to protect me while I made the necessary repairs. I have also noticed this on many other occasions for other drivers as well.

Thank you NCPD... I never got the chance to say it that day as I was in a rush to get to work on time.

I can see you have an agenda against Police from your posts. It is always scary for me to see people call for such extreme measures as you are on nothing more than a perception of what they see without full knowledge of the entire picture.

The outsourcing of such duties to private interests scares me more than any road or highway on Long Island ever could.

Good luck on your agenda against police.

Your shill post for the NCPD has been disregarded. Please resubmit with A WORKING PLAN as to how to fix the nonenforcement of our traffic laws in our county or further dismissal of your posts will follow. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island