Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:36 AM

939 posts, read 1,846,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
IMO, thats prerry risky, to shoot at a suspect while he is entangled with another cop. what as the distance of the officer when he fired? point blank?
Are you quoting yourself now, dude?

For the final time, why don't you wait until all the information is out before commenting? You have no idea what happened, yet you persist in trying to start an argument over your interpretation of the specifics of the event. Give it a rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,810,600 times
A second responding officer ran after the suspect and shot him twice in the chest — killing him in the parking lot.

Police Officer Shot In The Leg In East Meadow, Suspect Killed After Struggle For Officer's Gun « CBS New York
you see how some reports state the perp was "running" away rather than scuffleing with the cop when being shot at?

Old 12-31-2011, 01:23 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,810,600 times
lets sums this up, shall we? smith first said he was shot while being chased. then he retracted it saying he was shot during the struggle. all the news reports, as of today, state he was shot during a chase. who shall we believe, mister retired NCPDman?

Old 12-31-2011, 01:26 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,503,055 times
Quote:
lets sums this up, shall we? smith first said he was shot while being chased. then he retracted it saying he was shot during the struggle. all the news reports, as of today, state he was shot during a chase. who shall we believe, mister retired NCPDman?

No matter whether it was a struggle or a foot pursuit both officers are justified in using Deadly Physical Force.

You sound silly now...go back to your Criminal Justice 101 online course kid...

Old 12-31-2011, 01:33 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,281,316 times
Odd: His FB page is public. He put his phone number on his Wall for the whole world to see. Then his finacee, in announcing his death, put her phone number on the Wall.

I don't think we're dealing with the brightest bulbs on the tree, if you know what I mean. Really, you'd have to be crazy, stupid, high, or suicidal to reach for a cop's gun. That's just nuts.

Old 12-31-2011, 01:38 PM

283 posts, read 582,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Odd:
Really, you'd have to be crazy, stupid, high, or suicidal to reach for a cop's gun. That's just nuts.
I agree sounds like he had been in trouble several times before. Feel bad for the cops that have to deal w these kind of people.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Your entire posting history under your current and prior identities has been all about trying to be contrary and start arguments. The rationality of your postings is often questionable and most of what you post is pointless.

You're not worth the time or effort to engage. Have fun with yourself.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:48 PM

13,513 posts, read 17,055,235 times
The story has now been changed to state that the shooting was in the suspects "upper torso", ie most likely he wasn't shot in the chest, but in the back.

Doesn't sound like a good situation no matter how you spin it. Stay tuned.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The story has now been changed to state that the shooting was in the suspects "upper torso", ie most likely he wasn't shot in the chest, but in the back.

Newsflash: "upper torso" includes the chest. The only spin here is the one you're trying to give it through speculation. I'll give you the same advice: wait until the investigation is completed before drawing your conclusions.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:14 PM

13,062 posts, read 18,161,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

I am just stating the obvious. If I were sitting in a car parking lot at 5 am minding my own business and an officer approached me to inquire what I was doing, I would respectfully respond and answer his or her questions and not try to attempt to engage in an argument of any sort. There would certainly be NO attempt to become physical, I would have no reason to. So I am then left to wonder why he would have responded so differently than I. I am female so that might account for some difference in the way I might approach it versus a male, but I think most of either sex would respond as I stated. UNLESS, there was a reason for him to run away. Did he have drugs on him, had he robbed something, was he casing a store?? There are endless possibilities and I seriously doubt that the cops had any ax to grind with this guy before encountering him. They don't go looking for a fight. This guy had several priors, who in their right mind attempts to grab an officers gun? BE real here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island