Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is nicer/more affluent?
Oakdale & Idle Hour 11 61.11%
Shoreham Village 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Wow, what a foolish post.

You clearly have never been to Shoreham Village Peqs and know nothing of the area.Of course there's some summer homes there. Is Poquott a dump too?

Im actually surprised at you, being a number cruncher and all that you didnt bother to break down the facts and demographics for each.

Its not a N/S thing. Its an old money private hideaway thing. No one is saying that Oakdale is a dump or Idle Hour isnt stunning. Were just saying theres no cheeseball coops in Shoreham Village.

Beware the wrath of Kelly on that knuckleheaded Ridge swipe.
Im really disappointed in you.Think next time.This is how wars are started.

Crooks

Downscale?
127 Briarcliff Rd, Shoreham, NY 11786 MLS# 2418737 - Zillow
No one's saying anythings a dump.

The only thing foolish is your credo that North must trump South--even when the demographics go against you. So why bother using them? There's no reasoning with such bias for the NoShore. Oh, and things like "a private community of 400 millionaires" ... ridiculous. You want that, sprinkled with some billionaires? Take a look at Sands Point> Real Estate Search | Redfin

Fact is, Shoreham is not like Belle Terre..and certainly not like Old Field. You can believe whatever falsehoods you want. That won't make it true. I don't care how nice you think it is, an area like Oakdale/Idle Hour trumps it in nearly every single regard. Youre not even in the same parking lot..and the poll speaks for itself.

PS- The Gold Coast, IMO, ends at the Northport smokestacks. Anything downwind is fools gold , ...or Silver Coast.

Last edited by Pequaman; 01-24-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 12:08 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post

The only thing foolish is your credo that North must trump South--even when the demographics go against you. So why bother using them? There's no reasoning with such bias for the NoShore. Oh, and things like "a private community of 400 millionaires" ... ridiculous. You want that, sprinkled with some billionaires? Take a look at Sands Point> Real Estate Search | Redfin

Fact is, Shoreham is not like Belle Terre..and certainly not like Old Field. You can believe whatever falsehoods you want. That won't make it true. I don't care how nice you think it is, an area like Oakdale/Idle Hour trumps it in nearly every single regard. Youre not even in the same parking lot..and the poll speaks for itself.

PS- The Gold Coast, IMO, ends at the Northport smokestacks. Anything downwind is fools gold , ...or Silver Coast.

While Shoreham IS very nice, I second that it is nowhere close to Old Field.

And I pretty much agree with the Gold Coast ending at Northport...Never thought of it that way but actually makes a lot of sense.

However, the Picturesque South Shore holds up much further east eg Sayville, Oakdale, Bayport & Blue Point/Nicolls Road (exit 62) being the end until it picks up again in Speonk Remsenburg.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
It's so very clear that neither of you have ever been there by virtue of your ignorance.
(and an astonishing lack of Demographics from Peqs)

As for my credo, I'd take Remsenberg over them all.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

I'm out, it's just dumb in here.
Dont forget the Credo Nassau Rules Brookhaven Drools.

Crooks

Old 01-24-2012, 12:21 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,405 times
Quote:
It's so very clear that neither of you have ever been there by virtue of your ignorance.
(and an astonishing lack of Demographics from Peqs)

As for my credo, I'd take Remsenberg over them all.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

I'm out, it's just dumb in here.
Dont forget the Credo Nassau Rules Brookhaven Drools.

Crooks
I don't think Nassau rules and I was born there. I enjoy both counties equally for different purposes/reasons.

I would live in either.

I would take Remseburg over them all too if it wasen't so far away from where I work. So for me - Sayville/Oakdale seems like a hell of a buy in every aspect. It really is a great area.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:56 PM

I'm fairly convinced that this thread knows not the difference between the Shorehams.

My other S Shore Gem.
Bellport Village.

It's different from Bellport too.

Crooks

Old 01-24-2012, 01:09 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:

I believe Crooks cited Poooooquott, not Old Field.

With respect to Gold Coast, Nissoquoge, Head of the Harbor and Old Field might not be west of the Nport stacks, but are certainly Gold, not Silver.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
I'm fairly convinced that this thread knows not the difference between the Shorehams.

My other S Shore Gem.
Bellport Village.

Crooks
There is the Village of Bellport. There is the Hamlet of North Bellport.

And, other than these two communities, there is no other Bellport.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:22 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:

My other S Shore Gem.
Bellport Village.

Crooks
Here's one I know about! The originals (Oakdale and Shoreham Village) ... I didn't know enough about to even vote on the poll.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:56 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
While Shoreham IS very nice, I second that it is nowhere close to Old Field.

And I pretty much agree with the Gold Coast ending at Northport...Never thought of it that way but actually makes a lot of sense.

However, the Picturesque South Shore holds up much further east eg Sayville, Oakdale, Bayport & Blue Point/Nicolls Road (exit 62) being the end until it picks up again in Speonk Remsenburg.
Ehh, it's nuthin more than working class Brookhaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I believe Crooks cited Poooooquott, not Old Field.

With respect to Gold Coast, Nissoquoge, Head of the Harbor and Old Field might not be west of the Nport stacks, but are certainly Gold, not Silver.
OBH, I was going off the thread that created this thread. "Shoreham is exactly like Old Field". Those other areas are very, very nice.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Ehh, it's nuthin more than working class Brookhaven.

OBH, I was going off the thread that created this thread. "Shoreham is exactly like Old Field". Those other areas are very, very nice.

Dead wrong.

Its very much like Old Field and Poquott.

There are two Shorehams Peqs.

Per the truce of 2012 please stop talking out your ass about areas you know nothing about.
I will do the same.

Youve been wrong before...just not this wrong, I assure you.

Stick with the Bronze coast as your area of expertise.
Youre lost out here.

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island