Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 01:38 PM

49 posts, read 89,239 times

Advertisements

Everything was priced HIGH in KK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 02:26 PM

791 posts, read 1,435,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookyman View Post
Everything was priced HIGH in KK
My experience, also. It was convenient to me, and I liked the bottle/can machines that gave you cash. Other than that it wasn't a good value.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:35 PM

573 posts, read 1,244,601 times
I occasionally go to the KK in Levittown, never went to the one in Hicksville. Once Stop & Shop opened though I would usually just go there, and one time when I was coming out of S&S somebody came up to me and started asking me questions about why I go to S&S over King Kullen. He had a clipboard and was writing stuff down when I answered; I guess he was a KK employee or worked for some sort of marketing/PR firm they hired. I told the guy the KK in Levittown just seems kind of run down and dirtier than the S&S.

+1 on Wegmans, I used to go to the one in Johnson City back when I was in college.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,909,832 times
Came across the KK in Bethpage near the train station yesterday. It was alive and quite kicking. I think the management in Hicksville was just Moderator cut: snip poor and did little to attract shoppers.

Last edited by Kimballette; 04-10-2012 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 04-10-2012, 05:33 PM

2,630 posts, read 5,004,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
I wouldnt say PJS...... Delco Plaza has always been mostly fully leased. King Kullen suffers from being too expensive. People will graviate to cheaper places for the same stuff. Stop and Shop isnt far from there and there are 2 ShopRites in reasonable distance. Waldbaums is nearby but traffic on 106/107 makes that harder. Plus theres the Asian grocer on So Oyster Bay Rd and Old Country that has better meat and veggies too.
Yup. Changing demographic. Best Yet, Johns Farms, H&Y, Patel Brothers and Compass all in close proximity and all more targeted ethnically (also cheaper and better). Waldbaums, Whole Foods, another King Kullen, Pathmark, Stop and Shop all just a short distance away. Seems like a practical business move to close that location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island