Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Us, too! We used a back room off the main dining room for the ceremony.
Oh, we had our ceremony right inside the waterford room, they set up rows of chairs then when the service was over they put the chairs back around the tables.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 05:32 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
For those of you men (because its mostly MEN who hate weddings - either as groomsmen themselves, best men, or groomsmen, not women), the option of NOT attending is always there. If you hate it that much, just come up with some bs excuse and don't go!

I dont know why you would hate it..its a free dinner !!
It's not mostly men who hate weddings I know many women who hate going to them as well, my mom is one of them but she'll only go to them if it's family. I am not fond of them myself but will go if it's within my immediate family. It's not a free dinner if you give a money gift to cover the cost of the per plate charge. I had a friend who's bridesmaid stiffed her and gave no gift and another friend they invited also cheaped out.If you don't give a gift then you can say it's free. I had 2 weddings 1 week apart in 2010, my brothers and my brother in laws. My husband was the best man for both. I was only in my brothers wedding. But if people hate going to weddings then just send a gift and a note saying sorry can't make it. That's what we did and had a wedding we were supposed to attend on May 12th.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:50 PM

418 posts, read 1,070,112 times
We are different.
Female here, not a tomboy, reasonably fashionable (though my daughter may disagree )... I have aversion to formal events, including lavish weddings; try to avoid them.
No big (or even "medium") wedding for me nor for my children... For me (and them), good memories are mostly born outside the catering hall and money is better spent on other things - we travel. Close-circle celebration, ceremony on the beach are things more in line with what I like.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,246,014 times
I worked in one of the major catering halls mentioned years ago...they could have 4 weddings in the day and 5 weddings at night. Talk about cranking them out. I always though the food was "ok" but some parties it was really good - you get what you pay for. Saw so much drama over the few years I worked there. Funny how it was very predictable on which nationality tipped the best and which tipped the worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island