Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM

672 posts, read 906,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Gee, I'm a retiring teacher and I can not wait to leave. It just goes to show ya.......
You cannot imagine the difference in NY and Florida schools. I just read in the Sunday paper that Florida officials are coming to NY to meet with the Board of Regents to discusss inplementing Regents type exams in Florida.

I will not even tell you the difference in the salaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 06:44 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
We're giving PA some thought. Just wish I could get my parents to move as well.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:35 AM

12 posts, read 40,803 times
ATLANTA GA !!! I can tell you that just from my own neighborhood of North Babylon, there are about 40 of us living in Metro Atlanta! When I go to the Hawks games when the Knicks are in town....New Yorkers out number the Hawk fans. Same for when the Mets play the Braves here. I have a license plate that says "NUYAWKA" then I met another person whose said "NUYORKR"! There are hundreds of thousands of us here !! They beep at me when they see me. I love HOTLANTA because of the slowed down pace of living. That rat race of LI to NYC commuting is for the birds. Traffic here is bad too but...Its still a great place to live !!! If anyone wants any more detailed info, feel free to ask !!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,761,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
We're giving PA some thought. Just wish I could get my parents to move as well.
I've got a home in Lake Ariel, PA. 20 minutes outside of Scranton. It's a beautiful area. Hope to retire there someday.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2ATL View Post
ATLANTA GA !!! I can tell you that just from my own neighborhood of North Babylon, there are about 40 of us living in Metro Atlanta! When I go to the Hawks games when the Knicks are in town....New Yorkers out number the Hawk fans. Same for when the Mets play the Braves here. I have a license plate that says "NUYAWKA" then I met another person whose said "NUYORKR"! There are hundreds of thousands of us here !! They beep at me when they see me. I love HOTLANTA because of the slowed down pace of living. That rat race of LI to NYC commuting is for the birds. Traffic here is bad too but...Its still a great place to live !!! If anyone wants any more detailed info, feel free to ask !!!!
How bad is the drought situation there? I saw a news report that looked like more drastic measures (beyond conservation) are going to be implemented. Is it really that bad in northern GA or is it being exaggerrated by the media?

Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 PM

40 posts, read 129,915 times
If we sell the house. We want to move to NC or PA. Trying to stay near family.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:18 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
The drought is bad in GA, AL and TN. Rainfall is down up to 24" in some places

Old 10-13-2007, 12:13 PM

12 posts, read 40,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
How bad is the drought situation there? I saw a news report that looked like more drastic measures (beyond conservation) are going to be implemented. Is it really that bad in northern GA or is it being exaggerrated by the media?
The drought is as bad as the media says here in Metro Atlanta/North Georgia. Problem is though that the Army Core of Engineers need to make a decision to either allow the residents of GA to conserve the water we have and not farm it out to FL and AL. This is the big news today. If some changes aren't made within 3mo, we are going to have some serious issues with drinking water. WE JUST NEED SOME RAIN !!!! I HEARD IT POURED 2DAYS ON LI !!! CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME OF THAT RAIN ?????

Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 AM

487 posts, read 1,375,435 times
Will relocate to Pike County, PA within the next few years. Don't want to be too far from my children (who want to stay on LI). I just don't know how they're going to do it. I personally do not feel that I can afford to retire comfortably here. Hopefully, they will follow us to PA once they realize how difficult it's going to be to afford housing on LI.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:02 PM

652 posts, read 2,265,232 times
We're seriously considering a move when our daughter is out of HS this year.
We need to find somewhere where taxes are low and there is little crime.
We also would like an area with less polution and busy roads.
We're considering moving to another planet but I'm not sure there's one available to sustain life yet. We're waiting though.
In the interim I think we'll make the best of it right here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island