Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2012, 03:51 PM

41 posts, read 87,374 times

Advertisements

Can somebody recommend reliable licensed structural engineer in the Town of Hempstead? My house was flooded in Sandy and there are some problems in the foundation as a result of hydrolic pressure..
You can PM me or just send your suggestions to RTLN_F@yahoo.com.

Many thanks
CatAthena
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,547,629 times
What exactly is the problem? I'm sure I can get you the write person for your situation.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 AM

1,101 posts, read 2,736,761 times
I wish I had a name for you, but be careful in your choice. We used a principal of one of the most highly touted firms on Long Island to inspect our home. So many things were glossed over or missed that we have since spent into the six figures just on infrastructure items, leaving us with much less money for renovations and decor. If the last owners came into our home today, they would walk around and say almost everything -- save for paint colors -- looks the same as when they left.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 AM

41 posts, read 87,374 times
We bought a house 10 years ago. Our inspection engineer said that house was in good condition (built in 1952). First floor had extremely thick carpeting. When that was removed, bumps were discovered in couple of spots on the first floor. One was fixed by just shaving floor support and adding additional support in the immediate area. The other one became more visible in the the past years. (there is a piling underneath it which tells me that foundation is possibly settling).

The house was flooded in the past storm (full crawlspace and almost 2 feet in the first floor).
The problem has become much more visible.

Engineer that we hired did not do a good job analyzing and addressing foundation problems.

We need a good structural engineer with in-depth knowledge of diagnosing and designing foundation restoration and it would be applicable to our house.

Thanks
CatAthena

Old 08-31-2013, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 5,061 times
Hi CatAthena, I see it has been six months since you have posted in this thread. Did you have any luck finding good structural engineer? If so, could you be so kind and send me his\her contact information? I am in need for one. I appreciate your help. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: