Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 976 times

Advertisements

If those agencies did reduce the property tax, you have to pay them 50% of what they saved you. Can you claim what you paid them on the IRS tax return? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 08:48 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,537,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela2016 View Post
If those agencies did reduce the property tax, you have to pay them 50% of what they saved you. Can you claim what you paid them on the IRS tax return? Thanks.
I can't see how.

Also, if you want to use an agency, shop around. Many are 40% and a few are less.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:27 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,161,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angela2016 View Post
Not legally

Old 07-06-2016, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 764 times
Default Maidenbaum & Sternberg

I have been using this firm for years; they are outstanding. I recently found out that a few of my friends are using them also for tax reductions. If it gets sent to the courts, they ask for $30 to cover the court fees. Than you wait. If they get the taxes reduced, then you pay them one half of the reduction. NO MONEY UP FRONT!!!!! If your taxes are not reduced, you pay nothing. It takes a couple of years before the courts will reduce your taxes; I have no idea why. I think you will be happy with them.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icu1203 View Post
I have been using this firm for years; they are outstanding. I recently found out that a few of my friends are using them also for tax reductions. If it gets sent to the courts, they ask for $30 to cover the court fees. Than you wait. If they get the taxes reduced, then you pay them one half of the reduction. NO MONEY UP FRONT!!!!! If your taxes are not reduced, you pay nothing. It takes a couple of years before the courts will reduce your taxes; I have no idea why. I think you will be happy with them.
A first post telling us you love them so much. Are you with this firm? Smells like it to me.

Everyone hates the dysfunctional assessment system except for these grievance companies. They're well connected politically and make very high profits on our backs filing these grievances (which you can do yourself for free).

The last time I used one of these companies I got a letter in the mail telling me my taxes were lowered, but the tax bill was higher anyway. Then I had to pay them half of the "savings." This went on for two years. Never again. I filed a grievance by myself again and will be leaving this screwed up state permanently. Moving forward it will be somebody else's problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island