Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 07:40 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times

Advertisements

RecentlyMoved:
Quote:
you shouldn't have to justify yourself to anyone. the internet brings about keyboard "tough guys" who become something really ugly when given the opportunity to speak anonymously. Don't give them a 2nd thought.
Great advise! Hope things are going well for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 01:50 AM

519 posts, read 597,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
If I had a dollar for every time someone blamed Mental Illness for their short comings or lack of drive...
Careful. Your trying to make a point but coming off as obnoxiously ignorant. SSRIs are no walk in the park if you've ever known someone taking them.

That being said, depression does not excuse the obvious (or maybe not so obvious) racism towards hispanics.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:26 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
RecentlyMoved:

Great advise! Hope things are going well for you!
Good to see you! Doing better now that I am in the early stages of planning our next move

Old 10-18-2014, 10:26 AM

RecentlyMoved:
Great! I hope it's a good one!

Old 10-18-2014, 10:58 AM

Howard Beale:
Quote:
I've said over & over again I am not against immigration, I don't care what color people are or what they look like. All I ask is for them to respect the community. These illegals do not.---John's comment
Quote:
That being said, depression does not excuse the obvious (or maybe not so obvious) racism towards hispanics.
Just to be sure I read "Johninwestbury's" post again and his comment above. I see nothing racial in wanting to stop the flow of illegal invaders into this country and watching his community deteriorate because of it. It just so happens that most of those that are invading this country are Hispanic because of a porous southern border that can be easily crossed and a government that does nothing about it. If Ireland, England or any other European country were located there and their population's consisted of poorly educated, poorly skilled impoverished people looking for a handout, stealing jobs, demanding rights and representation that they have not earned, who are invading this country. I'm sure he would be opposed to that just as well. Fortunately our border there is the Atlantic Ocean you can fly but you just can't walk or swim across it . And the problem there are people overstaying their visa's and disappearing into our society which is just as offensive. There are no rational reasons for importing tens of millions of the world's indigent population into our country without eventually destroying the quality of life for all American citizens. None! Out here in the Southwest many of our border patrol agents are Hispanic. Many of our Hispanic citizens who have immigrated here legally resent those who have chosen to invade our country while they followed the law and assimilated into our nation and culture. They do not like to be associated with these invaders because they are Hispanic. Would you?

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 10-18-2014 at 11:44 AM..

Old 10-18-2014, 05:04 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Howard Beale:

Just to be sure I read "Johninwestbury's" post again and his comment above. I see nothing racial in wanting to stop the flow of illegal invaders into this country and watching his community deteriorate because of it. It just so happens that most of those that are invading this country are Hispanic because of a porous southern border that can be easily crossed and a government that does nothing about it. If Ireland, England or any other European country were located there and their population's consisted of poorly educated, poorly skilled impoverished people looking for a handout, stealing jobs, demanding rights and representation that they have not earned, who are invading this country. I'm sure he would be opposed to that just as well. Fortunately our border there is the Atlantic Ocean you can fly but you just can't walk or swim across it . And the problem there are people overstaying their visa's and disappearing into our society which is just as offensive. There are no rational reasons for importing tens of millions of the world's indigent population into our country without eventually destroying the quality of life for all American citizens. None! Out here in the Southwest many of our border patrol agents are Hispanic. Many of our Hispanic citizens who have immigrated here legally resent those who have chosen to invade our country while they followed the law and assimilated into our nation and culture. They do not like to be associated with these invaders because they are Hispanic. Would you?

Great post, but trying to explain that to long isle is like talking to a wall. As soon as you do something like present 'logic' or 'facts' a liberal falls back on the only thing they can: crying 'racism'.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:36 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Great post, but trying to explain that to long isle is like talking to a wall. As soon as you do something like present 'logic' or 'facts' a liberal falls back on the only thing they can: crying 'racism'.
How are you any better for hating on liberals? Maybe you should click off Fox TV and go talk to a few liberals and ask their opinions. You may be shocked to learn they're not captive in a hive-mind and capable of independent thought. You may be doubly shocked to learn that one liberal around here (me) agrees with the OP.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:48 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
How are you any better for hating on liberals? Maybe you should click off Fox TV and go talk to a few liberals and ask their opinions. You may be shocked to learn they're not captive in a hive-mind and capable of independent thought. You may be doubly shocked to learn that one liberal around here (me) agrees with the OP.
Ok I will concede not all liberals feel that way, but there is little doubt that the current leftist administrations policy is pretty much open borders, non enforcement, and amnesty, something the majority of democrats support.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:51 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Hahahaha....please provide one quote where I called anyone a racist. You and a couple of your buddies that love to chime in on these threads are the only ones who bring up the term.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:56 PM

peconic117:
Quote:
Thank You! What those who are in favor of open borders and unchecked illegal immigration do not understand is that it will eventually have adverse affects on their lives too. I don't see how it can't. Someone, somehow, someway will have to pay for the illegal invaders food, clothing, housing, medical needs, and education. That burden will fall disproportionately on the middle class who are already struggling to make ends meet. Pushing them so far down the economic ladder that they too will require some sort of government assistance. This is the same middle class that Democrats supposedly care so much about. All they see in these illegal invaders is a method to gain absolute power and control. People that are dependent on government tend to vote Democratic. Being forever dependent on government does not lift anyone up out of poverty it only makes them a slave to government and they are condemned to a life of poverty and despair. Just look around in every major city in the United States where significant populations of people are dependent on public assistance. Which by the way are predominantly run by Democrats. There are already millions of American citizens living in abject poverty with no way out of it. Do we really need tens of millions more?

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 10-18-2014 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island