Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:31 PM

8 posts, read 66,887 times

Advertisements

My sister is considering moving to Brentwood, Long Island, is it a nice town to live in, how are the schools? She is looking for a nice area any suggestions?

Old 11-10-2006, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 15,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxaida View Post
My sister is considering moving to Brentwood, Long Island, is it a nice town to live in, how are the schools? She is looking for a nice area any suggestions?
Tell your sister to do her homework. Brentwood is notorious for gang violence. If the school line falls toward Islip Terrace you've lucked out, but Central Islip, also a catastrophe. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfDominion View Post
Tell your sister to do her homework. Brentwood is notorious for gang violence. If the school line falls toward Islip Terrace you've lucked out, but Central Islip, also a catastrophe. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I didn't know that, I will let my sister know.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:19 PM

72 posts, read 226,644 times
Exclamation Second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfDominion View Post
I second that. Make sure she visits the area around the schools. That area looks nice, because most of Long Island is pretty nice, but tell her not to be fooled by appearances.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:49 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,767 times
there are lots of other areas that would be a better choice. she should try Islip, East Islip, Babylon, West Babylon, Happauge.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:13 AM

480 posts, read 2,829,353 times
I remember when Brentwood was a nice area. That was 35 years ago. Once the white people started to leave, it was all down hill.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:53 AM

31 posts, read 138,363 times
Of all the places she could move, Brentwood would definitely not be the best choice on our beautiful Island!! My sister-in-law teaches in Brentwood school district and it's a tough school...and I don't mean academically. Unless there is a specific reason she's moving to that town, I would strenuously advise against it.

Old 11-11-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettsnow View Post
Of all the places she could move, Brentwood would definitely not be the best choice on our beautiful Island!! My sister-in-law teaches in Brentwood school district and it's a tough school...and I don't mean academically. Unless there is a specific reason she's moving to that town, I would strenuously advise against it.
She was thinking that since Brentwood, CA was nice maybe Brentwood, NY was the same.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:19 PM

480 posts, read 2,829,353 times
Good grief. With that sort of logic, she will not survive in NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxaida View Post
She was thinking that since Brentwood, CA was nice maybe Brentwood, NY was the same.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 20,084 times
brentwood at one time many years ago was nice...............but that was a long time ago the schools are not safe my friend is a teacher has had kid go through her bag steal her car keys and worse, I live in the town just west of brentwood maybe even south .bayshore which has its nice part and not so nice parts but everyone seems to live here together with not too many problems I like it over here there are many diffent culters and it seems to work I myself won't go to brentwood unlesss I have too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island