Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 10:20 AM

17 posts, read 104,032 times

Advertisements

Brentwood is considered the ghetto it is like the worst place on long island you could move to. Long Island is the best place to live everywhere but the certain ghetto towns that people avoid. These are Brentwood, wyandach, roosevelt, and hempstead. Some parts of uniondale, freeport, baldwin, amityville, lots of other towns in suffolk have mixed areas and have been turing for the worse.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:46 PM

58 posts, read 416,834 times
Default Brentwood L.I.

Brentwood L.I. is not the place for your sister to move let alone raise children, because liberalism took care of that many years ago.

Old 11-20-2006, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 33,164 times
Default Brentwood Real Estate

Since you guys seem to know all about Brentwood, I have a new question. I work near Brentwood and I am interested in purchasing a large plot of land. Does anyone know how much an acre of land goes for in Brentwood. I have been in contact with the owner of the land, but I wanted to get a feel from you guys what the going price is. I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2006, 11:55 PM

480 posts, read 2,829,276 times
Unless it comes with a guard detail, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Since you guys seem to know all about Brentwood, I have a new question. I work near Brentwood and I am interested in purchasing a large plot of land. Does anyone know how much an acre of land goes for in Brentwood. I have been in contact with the owner of the land, but I wanted to get a feel from you guys what the going price is. I'd appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 33,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanyfl12 View Post
Brentwood is considered the ghetto it is like the worst place on long island you could move to. Long Island is the best place to live everywhere but the certain ghetto towns that people avoid. These are Brentwood, wyandach, roosevelt, and hempstead. Some parts of uniondale, freeport, baldwin, amityville, lots of other towns in suffolk have mixed areas and have been turing for the worse.

I would never consider this area to be anywhere near uniondale, hempstead or wyandanch etc. I'm surprised so many people can talk about an area they no nothing about. I wouldn't say this neighborhood is like Smithtown, but as a born and raised resident of Brentwood I am satisfied. I own two houses in Brentwood, 1 prominent business. My boyfriends family are also Brentwood natives. My parents both were raised in this community and both studied some time at Suffolk CC here in Brentwood also. It's unfortunate that there is a negative image associated with Brentwood due to a large immigrant population. But everyone learns to live and deal with their surroundings....
This is a middle-class neighborhood. There are many companies and employers, a large school district with many opportunities to grow and flourish. If you don't believe me I think you should do your research.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:16 PM

I know about Brentwood, and so does my good friend who is a Suffolk County Police Officer in the area.

There may be a few spots that are o.k. but a vast majority of it is bad news.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:27 PM

262 posts, read 1,232,530 times
Before I married my husband, he and his friend bought a house in Brentwood to fix up and sell again. It was in the "nicer" area of brentwood. I lived with them for a while. I used to run from the car to the house everyday and lock the door immediately. On one side of us was a crack house with the police showing up every so often. On the other side there always seemed to be loud domestic disputes. My car was stolen from right outside my bedroom window. I tell you from experience, Brentwood is not fit for a young woman and her family. The only good that came out of that experience was that my husband and his friend did a beautiful job on the house and made a nice profit. It's how we were able to put a down payment on our home.

Old 11-22-2006, 06:01 AM

Brentwood isn't fit for animals. You can forget about raising a family of humans there. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, Brentwood used to be nice, but that was about 35 years ago. It's been all down hill since then, with no revival in sight.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:58 AM

12 posts, read 79,562 times
Thumbs down Don't say we didn't warn you...........

Brentwood is a sewer. I grew up there, so I know first hand. My parents first moved into Brentwood back in '57, and back then it was considered a fine middle class area. Decent schools, shopping, and many families with young childen. Made a lot of friends back then. Now, I wouldn't be caught dead there. I'm even embarassed to say I used to live there. Unless you speak Spanish, and you are from a Latin country, you will definitely be an outsider. Then there's the gangs and the drugs and the crime... Need I say more? Stay away, far away.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:00 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,384 times
I attended brentwood high school/night school to get credits quickly in the 80's. It was kinda scary then, but nothing like now. English is the only language I speak so I'd never want to live in a town where everything is in spanish or any other for that matter.
My son is 19 & is a "canvaser" aka a door to door salesperson for a home improvement company. Occaisionally his employer has sent him into brentwood(with coworkers), he says there are more stray dogs than people, some of them vicious & dangerous, loads of roosters that got away from their cockfighting rings roaming the streets, shanty towns of homeless people in wooded areas & the last time he went there they got jumped & robbed. Their cell phones & wallets were stolen by a group of young men-proudly wearing gang like clothing right in the street in daylight.
Needless to say my son will not go to that town again.
I'm not saying that nice people don't live there too & there might be nice homes in spots but I think the bad is outweighing the good at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island