Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:16 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times

Advertisements

The scariest thing on LI is the Taxman!

Old 09-11-2015, 05:44 AM

634 posts, read 912,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
It was inferred that sheena12 should have stopped at what? When you want? Then you infer, by the insertion of a video clip from SNL that she must be an "ignorant s-l-u-t".
I inferred nothing of the sort (regarding "s-l-u-t") - perhaps you're thinking of the Jane Curtin & Dan Akroyd skits, whereas the image referred to the Jane Curtin & John Belushi skits.

Yes, I think it would have been best if sheena12 stopped after referring AngelzLuv correctly to the appropriate forum for the topic. If AngelzLuv would heed the referral, the ridicule would likely stop AND maybe AngelzLuv would be comforted with/by the responses received there.

Last edited by ncdust; 09-11-2015 at 06:29 AM..

Old 09-11-2015, 12:00 PM

225 posts, read 317,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I believe there is a connection between the Mothman sightings, the old hospital that was on Mt Misery, Camp Hero and experiments being conducted by the military on Long Island in the 40's 50's and 60's. Also, Cold Spring Harbor Labs and the old Grumman site are both less than 8 miles from where the hospital used to be and were both very into experiments for the military and health department. Add in Plum Island, Brookhaven NL, Camp Hero, and all the other old military contractor sites and it's no surprised that things are still washing up on the shores that nobody can identify, so it wouldn't surprise me that one of the Mothmen slipped out before being recaptured.
What else do you know about it and how do you know? Why are you thinking this? I dont know about cold springs harbor labs but is says in google that it is only miles and very very close to mount misery in suffolk county, ny. What so you know about the hospital? I heard about it but not many people know about it and that much about it even. I know about camp hero but that probably is not true and is just for teenagers?

Old 09-11-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Why are most of you people so rude and nasty? Why do you need to poke fun at others.

Only reason that I know of why anyone needs to do that is to bolster a sagging self esteem.
Every time that Angelzluv tries to start a conversation about paranormal activity on Long Island - she is subjected to ridicule.

It was inferred that sheena12 should have stopped at what? When you want? Then you infer, by the insertion of a video clip from SNL that she must be an "ignorant s-l-u-t".

Nice guys and gal. Way to go.

Any moderators out there?
Thank you. They are mean and cruel alot and it is supposed to be against the rules and it is unkind. People are allowed to ask questions and can ask. Some are ignorant and some of them probbably know about it but dont want to tell and might even be involved.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Warren, Many of us have suggested that if Angelzluv is really interested in the world of Paranormal there are other forums that would be better suited to post in rather than the LI one. She continues to return here and is the subject of ridicule because of this. She would be better to go to the other site where people who view this activity with belief gather. There are other places that will deal with the Long Island activity as it pertains to her view. I am sure if she is truly a student of this that she would have a better result in terms of discussion if she went there.
You should not be mean because people can ask questions and warren is right. This is a forum to ask questions about long island and people ask many many questions about long island and ask about houses and towns and policemen many many things that have to do with it and most of it is about suffolk county, ny and the people that live there and people that know about it. I will not go to supernatural forums because the people probably dont know about suffolk county, ny and they dont live there and know about it. They are also probably involved in occult and being psychic and it might be bad to be involved. I have had many many questions answered in this forum by nice people who know but also there are bullys that are unkind. There are even people that have said they will go to shoot at my familys house! I have not been unkind to you!

Old 09-11-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrkd View Post
I inferred nothing of the sort (regarding "s-l-u-t") - perhaps you're thinking of the Jane Curtin & Dan Akroyd skits, whereas the image referred to the Jane Curtin & John Belushi skits.

Yes, I think it would have been best if sheena12 stopped after referring AngelzLuv correctly to the appropriate forum for the topic. If AngelzLuv would heed the referral, the ridicule would likely stop AND maybe AngelzLuv would be comforted with/by the responses received there.
You dont have to answer if you dont know the answer about mothmen. Sheena knows and answered and you should not be mean to her for it and call her names like ****.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:41 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
Can you please use the multi-quote feature and respond to all of the posts in 1 post of your own? Instead of clogging up the board with 5-10 posts at a clip to respond with 1-2 sentences?

Thank you

Old 09-11-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Can you please use the multi-quote feature and respond to all of the posts in 1 post of your own? Instead of clogging up the board with 5-10 posts at a clip to respond with 1-2 sentences?

Thank you
What is it? People have asked me many many things and said many things. I am allowed to answer and it is not clogging.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:07 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
How do you know it's "Mothman" and not "Mothwoman"?
Should we not refer to said entity as "Mothperson" until we can clarify the gender?
Don't want to get locked up by the PC police...

Old 09-11-2015, 05:40 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,223,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
Thank you. They are mean and cruel alot and it is supposed to be against the rules and it is unkind. People are allowed to ask questions and can ask. Some are ignorant and some of them probbably know about it but dont want to tell and might even be involved.
You're right. Me and at least 2 others here are involved in the occult and paranormal. You have no business sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. Keep it up and you're likely to end up with a demon infestation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island