Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 AM

634 posts, read 913,166 times

Advertisements

Round one at UMass, round two at UConn

0 for 2

yay Luke ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 07:40 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
I can picture him at a job interview a few years from now. Since everyone is Googled now, I can see the employer saying "So you are that douchebag Mac and Cheese kid from youtube".

Old 10-08-2015, 08:15 AM

1,308 posts, read 1,664,894 times
Wow, his parents must be so embarrassed. As the incident went on I went from "what a jerk" to "this kid has psychological problems".

Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 AM

157 posts, read 167,158 times
This is a direct result of bad parents. His parents wanted to be his friend and never enforced a single rule or boundry on him. The behavior he showed isn't his fault his parents reinforced it and rewarded it his whole life. He like any child realized when he acted this way the adults would give in, however being outside the protective bubble of his parents he is finding himself ill equipped with the skills necessary to function in a society with rules and boundaries.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:00 AM

321 posts, read 595,951 times
I agree with it being a parenting problem but also an education problem.

If you read his educational bio, this kid went to Killington Mountain School in Vermont for High School. It states he worked during summers at a ski camp in Oregon.

This kid hasn't been living at home since he was 13. His adolescence was spent mostly with teachers and hardly at all with his parents. I'm sure his parents didn't do a swell job either but when you castrate the authority of teachers in schools AND rely on them to discipline your kids.... well... here is the result!

Old 10-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Castrating the authority of the teachers hits the nail on the head. The parents get involved on behalf of the child. It's always the schools fault. Schools are scared of the parents getting involved when it should be the kids who are scared when a parent gets called. Sadly we are only going to see more and more of this behavior in everyday life as these "special" trophy for participating children reach maturity.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittodon View Post
This is a direct result of bad parents. His parents wanted to be his friend and never enforced a single rule or boundry on him. The behavior he showed isn't his fault his parents reinforced it and rewarded it his whole life. He like any child realized when he acted this way the adults would give in, however being outside the protective bubble of his parents he is finding himself ill equipped with the skills necessary to function in a society with rules and boundaries.
Its amazing that you can extract all of this from a 9 minute video clip while he was drunk.

I'm not defending his actions, but your broad conclusions suggest that you are either the greatest psychologist the world has ever known or that you're just making stuff up.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:04 AM

The behavior he displays is not unlike behavior I have witnessed before. Usually by a three year old who is learning to push his boundaries. Its not hard to recognize it. The kid is simply used to getting his way. Not too difficult to see.

Last edited by Dittodon; 10-08-2015 at 10:16 AM..

Old 10-08-2015, 11:42 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
the most disgusting thing about the video is how this kid berated the food service manager's profession.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:10 PM

217 posts, read 247,143 times
If the manager would've just given the kid the mac and cheese this could've all been avoided. I know the kid was drunk but the manager escalated the situation by refusing to serve him. Give the kid the mac and cheese and let him go on his way. Probably would've been arrested for something else anyway, but the manager needed to be a "tough guy" too. Fault goes to both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island