Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 10:32 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc85 View Post
If you are having relationship issues, then by all means, you have the right to leave at any time. This is a free country.You do what YOU want to do.

In MY case, it works better that I go to work because I make 3 times the salary my wife does AND I specifically asked before marrying if she can stay at home. My first gf did not want to do that, so off we went. She wanted to do things that women were not made for. In case you haven't noticed, guys can lift heavy things, and women are able to give birth. There's a reason why women are more cunning and guys are more muscular. I'm not rocket scientist, but if we add 2 and 3, we get 5 as the result. I don't know what to tell you, but I'm just a normal guy, just want a nice family, and that means we have to split tasks. WE CANT BOTH BE AT WORK CAUSE THEN THE KID IS GOING TO DIE. They need someone to take care of them and it's either the mom or dad.

Wouldn't it be stupid if I tried breastfeeding from my pecs and my wife was on the bench press machine? Anyway, it seems that people today are trying to change thousands of years of tradition. By all means, if you want to reinvent the wheel, go ahead. Leave me out of it.
Which is what exactly?

Plenty of families have situations where both parents work and no the kids don't die, it's called DAY CARE … babysitters, family members … plenty of people do it.

Plenty of women can lift heavy things and there are men that can't.

Women are good for other things than just giving birth. I never had children and I don't plan on it, I guess in your eyes I'm worthless then?

Please leave Long Island as soon you can.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:33 AM

37 posts, read 13,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCjunkie View Post
Actually, biparental care is not uncommon in monogamous animals and in birds: both parents share in the rearing of their young AND in foraging or hunting for food. In fact 80% of all bird species do that.

It's true that in most bird species the female does the nest-construction but once the eggs hatch, both parents share in the work of raising the young and in finding food for the family. So your comparison of them with humans only works during the prenatal period, which is the smallest span of time within the offspring-rearing spectrum.

Btw, the "fighting word(s)" is the attitude that one partner should be able to or has any right to "make" the other one take on a specific role simply because of their gender(s). Yes, we are mammals but one would hope that we've been able to evolve socially through the centuries to be more enlightened than, say, the baboon.

I wouldn't count on evolution. In the past 20 years, look how "smarter" people got and how the violence and crime has gone "down". If this keeps going, you won't be able to argue with my anymore as I'll be lifting barrels of hay somewhere. I wouldn't mind raising kids away from this crap hell called NYC.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:07 AM

22,671 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Please tell me that you didn't intend to type that you will "make your wife stay at home and take care of the kids" .... LOL, those are fighting words in this century!

Your final sentence kind of blows my mind as well and frankly, has set off my Troll Detector pretty loudly LOL. And here I thought you were asking a legitimate original question. Pfft.
been suspicious the entire time....but "kids will die if we both work" means we either have a troll trying to rile up the dual income people or someone who truly is losing touch with reality. Kids are not dropping like flies daily as they would be if daycare caused kids to die

There are plenty of species where the female is the hunter-gatherer so we're also not dealing with the brightest bulb here.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:11 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,578 times
Quote:

Wouldn't it be stupid if I tried breastfeeding from my pecs and my wife was on the bench press machine?
I will milk the sexism topic a little bit, as I'm wondering if you're trolling or a 1950s kind of guy. Purporting to "make" your wife take care of the kids will annoy the female posters here, guaranteed. There would be no loss of manhood saying you came to a mutual agreement with your wife about childcare.

Also, how do you find the time to post so much if you're on the work and commuting track 16 hours a day? The volume of posts come off as a bit sketchy.

If all is on the level, I say leave. Just get on with it. Your posts ooze with contempt and hostility and there's no "making it work" on LI or in NY State. The financial obligations and long commute you've backed yourself into are clearly a bad fit for your state of mind. I think you'd be happier in a lower key setting living on less, with more time to decompress.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:21 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,422 times
Quote:
and frankly, has set off my Troll Detector pretty loudly LOL.
yup, a few pages ago. same gibberish, different screen name.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
been suspicious the entire time....but "kids will die if we both work" means we either have a troll trying to rile up the dual income people or someone who truly is losing touch with reality. Kids are not dropping like flies daily as they would be if daycare caused kids to die

There are plenty of species where the female is the hunter-gatherer so we're also not dealing with the brightest bulb here.
I feel bad for all the dual income families who are about to have dying children.

So tragic

Old 11-04-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekeniko View Post
I will milk the sexism topic a little bit, as I'm wondering if you're trolling or a 1950s kind of guy. Purporting to "make" your wife take care of the kids will annoy the female posters here, guaranteed. There would be no loss of manhood saying you came to a mutual agreement with your wife about childcare.

Also, how do you find the time to post so much if you're on the work and commuting track 16 hours a day? The volume of posts come off as a bit sketchy.

If all is on the level, I say leave. Just get on with it. Your posts ooze with contempt and hostility and there's no "making it work" on LI or in NY State. The financial obligations and long commute you've backed yourself into are clearly a bad fit for your state of mind. I think you'd be happier in a lower key setting living on less, with more time to decompress.
1950's? I'm not getting it. People think that just because the year is 2019, all of the sudden we have to behave differently?

1. By no means am I a bright bulb.
2. My question to you all is, would you be accustom to a belief that was once ridiculed that is now trying to make its way to every household?

Cable. Is there anything wrong with watching cable, now that people frequently use netflix? You all speak as if the split couple pair is the wrong way.

Sometimes, you guys have to open your eyes and realize that all of this change, isn't really change. Women get voting rights, congratulations. Did anything change? No. Men can now take off from work then they have a kid. Did anything change? No. Prohibition, inequality, and slavery, were all removed. Did anything change? No. People still work slave off all of their lives working only to get a social security check that is worth next to 4 mcnuggets and a big mac, and an education that gets them no further than turning on the computer or playing hockey in the LIRR uinion during overtime. People still lie, cheat, steal, are racist, hate everyone here, do illegal things.

There's only four things that have actually made a difference in our lives and that's the wheel, fire, electricity, and the internet. Everything else, has remained the same, and if you, you females that are not single mothers, want to prove to the world that you can raise a child without a mother, go ahead. If you want to operate cranes and lift wheel barrels and break your spine like we do, go ahead. Literally, no one cares. You will spend your whole lives arguing on the internet on stupid technicalities, like my statement of making my wife stay at home, and guess what, nothing will change. My wife will clean and cook, I will go to work, and we will remain happy.

This is a jobs & living condition thread, not your make belief ways of how poeple should be today. I'm not telling YOU women who have steaming red foreheads with horns pointing at me how to live your lives. YOU can go do what you want, I could care less. I can tell my wife, because she is MY wife, and SHE can tell me what she wants ME to do. Am I involving you guys in my life? Am I telling YOU, that YOU have to stay home? NO. I know what MY wife is worth, and it is better for the family for her to stay AT HOME WHILE I WORK AND THATS HOW ITS GOING TO BE IN MYYYYYYY FAMILY.

Trolling? I think you guys are the trolls here. Say one thing that I did to try to make a giggle out of you? Do you guys think that I give a damn if you say "If my husband did that then xyz"? I am not your husband, and we each can dictate what we do in our lives. My wife is HAPPY with me and I am HAPPY with her. 2 makes 2, and my kids will also live the same as me. I certainty wouldn't want them running doing things they are not naturally meant to do. 1950 1940 2050 the time doesnt matter. We live like we want to and all of you who have a problem with it can **** off.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
1950's? I'm not getting it. People think that just because the year is 2019, all of the sudden we have to behave differently?

1. By no means am I a bright bulb.
2. My question to you all is, would you be accustom to a belief that was once ridiculed that is now trying to make its way to every household?

Cable. Is there anything wrong with watching cable, now that people frequently use netflix? You all speak as if the split couple pair is the wrong way.

Sometimes, you guys have to open your eyes and realize that all of this change, isn't really change. Women get voting rights, congratulations. Did anything change? No. Men can now take off from work then they have a kid. Did anything change? No. Prohibition, inequality, and slavery, were all removed. Did anything change? No. People still work slave off all of their lives working only to get a social security check that is worth next to 4 mcnuggets and a big mac, and an education that gets them no further than turning on the computer or playing hockey in the LIRR uinion during overtime. People still lie, cheat, steal, are racist, hate everyone here, do illegal things.

There's only four things that have actually made a difference in our lives and that's the wheel, fire, electricity, and the internet. Everything else, has remained the same, and if you, you females that are not single mothers, want to prove to the world that you can raise a child without a mother, go ahead. If you want to operate cranes and lift wheel barrels and break your spine like we do, go ahead. Literally, no one cares. You will spend your whole lives arguing on the internet on stupid technicalities, like my statement of making my wife stay at home, and guess what, nothing will change. My wife will clean and cook, I will go to work, and we will remain happy.

This is a jobs & living condition thread, not your make belief ways of how poeple should be today. I'm not telling YOU women who have steaming red foreheads with horns pointing at me how to live your lives. YOU can go do what you want, I could care less. I can tell my wife, because she is MY wife, and SHE can tell me what she wants ME to do. Am I involving you guys in my life? Am I telling YOU, that YOU have to stay home? NO. I know what MY wife is worth, and it is better for the family for her to stay AT HOME WHILE I WORK AND THATS HOW ITS GOING TO BE IN MYYYYYYY FAMILY.

Trolling? I think you guys are the trolls here. Say one thing that I did to try to make a giggle out of you? Do you guys think that I give a damn if you say "If my husband did that then xyz"? I am not your husband, and we each can dictate what we do in our lives. My wife is HAPPY with me and I am HAPPY with her. 2 makes 2, and my kids will also live the same as me. I certainty wouldn't want them running doing things they are not naturally meant to do. 1950 1940 2050 the time doesnt matter. We live like we want to and all of you who have a problem with it can **** off.

Like what? Women can do almost anything a man can and usually better to boot.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:18 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
When I retired from the military, I offered my wife the chance to be the bread winner and I would stay home and do the house work and raise the kids.

She said "no thanks" so I said don't ever accuse me of holding you back on your career ambitions.......

Old 11-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Like what? Women can do almost anything a man can and usually better to boot.
1.Men can't give birth. Women can breastfeed, for a reason.
2.Women can't carry heavy things as much as men can. Men are stronger physically, for a reason. Men can 2 pushups and grow muscles, while a woman will need to do much more to get similar results, for a reason.
3. Men and women have different brains. There are more extremely stupid and extremely intelligent men than those of women, and women are on average more intelligent than men, slightly.
4. Men and women have different hormone level breakdown, and they affect everything we do related to emotion, such as decisions. Women make more rational choices, and men are more volatile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island