Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 04:42 PM

855 posts, read 450,499 times

Advertisements

This country has the largest amount of crybabies globally.

Modern leftists.

Which other country is full of crybabies who have nothing better to do than go around and say that statue offends me and that statue offends me and that statue offends me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 05:14 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,078,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me Birdsler View Post
Read Slaughter of Cities & Power Broker to understand what the suburbs meant to Moses. The suburbs were a means to Americanize / deraccinate the urban ethnics out of their culture and assimilate them to proper american consumer white.
Horse kaka, Moses had no desire to get minorities out of the cities and dilute their numbers out in the suburbs. The suburbs were for the white middle class that would soon emerge, Levitt has explicit rules preventing sales to the wrong kind of people as did others.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:58 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,175 times
You'd think the woke left could ignore inanimate statues of long dead folks and focus on very real racism today, like that noose found in the black NASCAR driver's garage. Wait, what? Back to the statues!

Old 06-23-2020, 06:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,154,094 times
Where is the video footage from the NASCAR drivers home? Funny how nothing was shown.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:59 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
You'd think the woke left could ignore inanimate statues of long dead folks and focus on very real racism today, like that noose found in the black NASCAR driver's garage. Wait, what? Back to the statues!
Turn out to be another Smollet hoax. The door pull was a rope in place since before 2019.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:12 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,504 times
Well there is a great deal of irony when it comes to Statues for Babylon Village. The most famous African American resident who lived there for a time and actually finished High School there would likely be Thelma (Butterfly) McQueen. She played "Prissy" in "Gone With The Wind" and was actually well educated and deplored playing the types or roles she was chosen for (see link).

Butterfly McQueen

There is a Patriot in the Cemetery who fought the British off, yet the Duke Of Argyll visited the Village in the 1900's and was an investor in the Argyll Hotel built by August Belmont. The lake was later named after the Duke (Patriot rolling over in grave).

The Hotel was considered the birthplace of the Cuban Giants, the first professional black baseball team. The following link contains info on the Duke/Hotel/Lake/Team...

Babylon History

Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo) lived on Melbury Road in the Village for a number of years.

Geraldo Rivera (Gerald Michael Riviera) graduated WEST Babylon High School so likely not a candidate for a Statue in the Village. Thank goodness for small miracles...

Old 06-23-2020, 11:45 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,952,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Turn out to be another Smollet hoax. The door pull was a rope in place since before 2019.
Turns out the demand for actual hate incidents far exceeds the supply. We’re just not racist enough for the woke lefties after all (in the case of Smollet, he had to import fake hate since there was not enough hate in the US).

A high percentage of noose-related ‘hate’ turns out to be...well...not so much:

https://m.rasmussenreports.com/publi..._of_fake_noose

No wonder old alleged racism (Grant, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Moses, etc) is the focus of the mob.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:56 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
The fact is most of those immigrants were slaves. They couldn’t hack it in their country anymore. They came here desperate and died for the wealthy that made there riches off real slave labor. It continues today. Life changes. I hear Northern Europe is still pretty homogeneous.
Oh, give me a break!!! "Fact"? If it's a fact, then please provide proof of this statement. My family came here as dirt-poor immigrants from three different countries and not a single one was a slave.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:48 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Oh, give me a break!!! "Fact"? If it's a fact, then please provide proof of this statement. My family came here as dirt-poor immigrants from three different countries and not a single one was a slave.
Duh, they "came here." They weren't "brought here." So your point is moot and your silly deflection not pertinent at all. Wow, you had dirt poor immigrant ancestors?! Join the club. But ours weren't bought and sold like cattle, were they? They were given bread and soup and eventually a job. One they actually got paid for and created upward mobility. Other's didn't.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:32 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Duh, they "came here." They weren't "brought here." So your point is moot and your silly deflection not pertinent at all. Wow, you had dirt poor immigrant ancestors?! Join the club. But ours weren't bought and sold like cattle, were they? They were given bread and soup and eventually a job. One they actually got paid for and created upward mobility. Other's didn't.
You're the one who stated that most immigrants were slaves. Now you argue against your own statement. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island