Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 06:54 PM

592 posts, read 922,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post
Quite masterful how the wealthy have pitted the working class against each other, over crumbs.
Agreed. As I posted earlier I’m wouldn’t be surprised if hedge funds are behind the push for minimum wage increases. Degrading companies to exploit short positions is a lucrative game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 07:57 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,898,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetstash View Post
The attacks aren’t funny but the correlation to MAGA guys is and I’m not even a MAGA guy. Keep up the propaganda, it just makes everyone minimize your opinion.
Obviously I don’t care about CD forum user’s opinion of me. LI isn’t sending it best and brightest here to debate honestly. Although there are some great, thorough posters.

There is no coincidence hate crimes on Asians have jumped over the last year with all the rhetoric from the past administration. There’s no reason to defend a certain group, it’s pretty strange you even brought them up.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:19 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,801,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Obviously I don’t care about CD forum user’s opinion of me. LI isn’t sending it best and brightest here to debate honestly. Although there are some great, thorough posters.

There is no coincidence hate crimes on Asians have jumped over the last year with all the rhetoric from the past administration. There’s no reason to defend a certain group, it’s pretty strange you even brought them up.
Lol you said it!

FYI Have you even seen many of the perpetrators of these so called “Asian hate crimes”?? Let’s just say they aren’t the MAGA types you hope they are.

Try laying off Vox and buzzfeed for 5 seconds and maybe go read a Dr. Seuss book.

Old 03-04-2021, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol you said it!

FYI Have you even seen many of the perpetrators of these so called “Asian hate crimes”?? Let’s just say they aren’t the MAGA types you hope they are.

Try laying off Vox and buzzfeed for 5 seconds and maybe go read a Dr. Seuss book.
What is your problem? Can you please put me on ignore. I don’t care for your replies. Get some original material. PO Carlson!

Old 03-04-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
What is your problem? Can you please put me on ignore. I don’t care for your replies. Get some original material. PO Carlson!
Nope. Sorry. Your ridiculous posts are endless entertainment. Also when you post blatant lies like suggesting it’s a bunch of MAGA hats running around assaulting Asians en masse (which is absolutely not the case) I’m going to call you out. Might I suggest a safe space?

Also feel free to put me on ignore if you can’t handle it.

Last edited by peconic117; 03-04-2021 at 05:39 AM..

Old 03-04-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Nope. Sorry. Your ridiculous posts are endless entertainment. Also when you post blatant lies like suggesting it’s a bunch of MAGA hats running around assaulting Asians en masse (which is absolutely not the case) I’m going to call you out. Might I suggest a safe space?

Also feel free to put me on ignore if you can’t handle it.
You’re obsessed. I never mentioned MAGA. You guys are very defensive of your cult. It’s sad and I don’t want to participate in a back and forth insulting each other. Quit harassing me you big bully! You’re off the clock!

Old 03-04-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
You’re obsessed. I never mentioned MAGA. You guys are very defensive of your cult. It’s sad and I don’t want to participate in a back and forth insulting each other. Quit harassing me you big bully! You’re off the clock!
LOL! You absolutely did. The post is gone but you blamed the so called hate crime wave on Trump. But whatever.

In other news on the original topic 15/hr seems all but dead

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...outputType=amp

Old 03-04-2021, 07:05 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,548,890 times
Quote:

“ LI isn’t sending it best and brightest here to debate honestly. Although there are some great, thorough posters”

Now that’s funny!

Old 03-04-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
“ LI isn’t sending it best and brightest here to debate honestly. Although there are some great, thorough posters”

Now that’s funny!
See! Even this guy gets it. Thanks bud.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:07 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,836,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Your key word “Combined”. I didn’t mention their sales tax, property tax & the 100’s of other tax systems out there.

Companies can operate just about anywhere in the world. Why do they need to pay 30% in Corp tax in the USA? With remote learning & working from home I think that alone proved it. Same with your 50% top tax rate. Let all them leave & we can all jump on the government plan. Hey, I’m not saying you’re wrong. Unfortunately, that’s the economic system.
Fair reply. The thing is we had the best and brightest from around the world coming here and we were the manufacturing engine of the world. Now we mfg less than 10% and have jobbed out middle class prosperity to Asia. Top it off with the 50 year starving of our education system (maybe not LI's ponzi education enterprise), but the rest of the country has had budgets gutted for decades, moving money to parochials and charters (who can teach who they want, what they want...although I don't think our bible studies are competing well with China's STEM programs, d'oh). That is why Harvard is turning away Asians now, Americans need the affirmative action!

Again, red herring. We HAD THOSE TAX RATES AND WAY HIGHER during the greatest waves of prosperity in our history. That IS the reality, not the anecdotal scare tactics. Support the middle we get explosive growth and soaring GDP. Support the top and we get quick market volatility, long recessions and rapidly developing 3rd world middle classes at the expense of our own. Look it up.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 03-04-2021 at 07:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: