Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 07:09 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,895,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
LOL! You absolutely did. The post is gone but you blamed the so called hate crime wave on Trump. But whatever.

In other news on the original topic 15/hr seems all but dead

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...outputType=amp
Sure I did. The post is there to see. Only MAGA cultists took my respectful back and forth as an insult against their god. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 07:37 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,549,177 times
I can tell you from the asian american perspecive, I get zero hate from MAGA supporters in LI. I'm more afraid of getting cancelled by woke progressives here in the North shore.

In the past, when an asian in nyc was beaten up by a black guy (and yes, majority are black perps), it was labelled a mugging.

Now, the left wing media is trying to pull a Jussie Smollet, using my fellow asians as pawns, and calling all these black on asian crime as MAGA inspired. Its comical.

Blame it on Cuomo/Deblasio for being soft on crime, and their monumental failure of mental health care (despite spending/pocketing billions on it). They are making an environment where there are no consequences for thugs to attack people of any race.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:02 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,895,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I can tell you from the asian american perspecive, I get zero hate from MAGA supporters in LI. I'm more afraid of getting cancelled by woke progressives here in the North shore.

In the past, when an asian in nyc was beaten up by a black guy (and yes, majority are black perps), it was labelled a mugging.

Now, the left wing media is trying to pull a Jussie Smollet, using my fellow asians as pawns, and calling all these black on asian crime as MAGA inspired. Its comical.

Blame it on Cuomo/Deblasio for being soft on crime, and their monumental failure of mental health care (despite spending/pocketing billions on it). They are making an environment where there are no consequences for thugs to attack people of any race.
Cancel culture is the real problem this country is facing. Cuomo and Deblasio, and of course the fake news media and, of course the FBI are all in on this narrative that Asian hate crimes are spiking nationwide. My apologies, sir.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:03 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,790,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Sure I did. The post is there to see. Only MAGA cultists took my respectful back and forth as an insult against their god. Lol
I can care less about trump or what you think of him. But your false implication about who was actually committing these random assaults (most of which are in NYC, Seattle and other ultra liberal cities, and against non asians as well) was clearly there to see despite evidence to the contrary that’s what I was responding to.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:10 AM

2,467 posts, read 1,236,889 times
Quote:

Hey stop spreading the truth. You might get cancelled

It's only MAGA dudes who are beating up Asians, and torching Wendy's

The 'progressive' mob on CD told me.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:11 AM

6,510 posts, read 3,199,669 times
Quote:
...........Blame it on Cuomo/Deblasio for being soft on crime, and their monumental failure of mental health care (despite spending/pocketing billions on it). They are making an environment where there are no consequences for thugs to attack people of any race.
I agree, and given what's now going on at the US's southern border, you can add Biden to the mix.....

Old 03-04-2021, 08:17 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,790,353 times
Quote:

Great post! Exactly.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:28 AM

And to be clear (since I don't want to get cancelled), I'm not making a blanket statement about black people regarding this recent black on asian crime spike. The vast vast majority of black people are just like everyone else, just trying to get by in this mad world. They are my friends, family, co-workers, patients.

I'm singling out the thugs and mentally ill that have become emboldened by soft on crime Cuomo/Deblasio.
The real crime is the media ignoring how liberal policies have failed and created this environment.
Instead, they are focusing on fictional narratives of imaginary MAGA voters attacking asians.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:32 AM

20,202 posts, read 20,975,450 times
Black on Asian crime has a long, storied, history.
I’m not so sold on it really being “hate” crimes, but more of plain old fashioned economic crimes, aka robberies. Because, many of these crimes are/were committed in “hoods” where there are many Asian owned convenience stores and whatnot.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Cancel culture is the real problem this country is facing. Cuomo and Deblasio, and of course the fake news media and, of course the FBI are all in on this narrative that Asian hate crimes are spiking nationwide. My apologies, sir.

Newsflash.

Everyone hates asians. You learn that real quick growing up asian in america.

However, what used to be labelled as just a mugging in the past, or just outright ignored, the media now is quick to jump on as an increase in asian hate crime since it fits their narrative.
Asian hate is the same as its always been, its just more useful to the liberal narrative now.

So I find it comical that a guy like you is telling an asian american like me that I should be fearing LI Maga supporters.

Its ironic that when I had my honeymoon in Banff Canada, I had more drive by "go back to China" than I ever did here on LI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: