Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 05:53 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times

Advertisements

I did not know how to properly title this. Anyway as I am leaving the Stop and Shop in East Islip today. I hear a bunch of horns honking on sunrise and see pickup trucks driving East bound with flags all over. I was like WTF is this now? I go home and about an hour later I am sitting outside on my front porch. I see another big pickup truck driving westbound on Sunrise with several flags and signs all over saying F....ck Biden. Has anyone else seen this? I am not crazy about Biden either but I don't think I would go to that extreme. First it was the Trump supporters parading down main Street from East Islip to West Islip honking horns go trump. Now today total opposite. Armageddon has begun. Next it's riots in the streets if not already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 06:18 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Just ignore those faux rednecks with their bro-dozers.

BTW…it’s “Let’s go Brandon”

BTW 2…you just opened a red vs blue can of worms.

I’m going with 12+ pages…

Old 10-17-2021, 06:20 PM

65 posts, read 39,096 times
I have ceased to be surprised at anything in the political realm anymore....sad to say.

My guess is that it may be many of the same people in the anti-Biden parade as are/were in the pro-Trump ones; if so, it's not as much of an opposite situation as it seemed.

I'm old enough to remember a time here on LI when someone could put a pro-candidate lawn sign in front of their house during election season, or a bumper sticker on their car, without having to worry about their house or car becoming a target of harassment and/or outright vandalism as a result. There's no way that I would do either of those things anymore.

Last edited by blueworld; 10-17-2021 at 06:28 PM..

Old 10-17-2021, 06:26 PM

592 posts, read 919,718 times
Whatever simulation we're in is not the optimal one.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:34 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
Just shy of half the country hates Biden, why is this surprising to you?

Old 10-17-2021, 06:37 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
. Next it's riots in the streets if not already.

Wikipedia

“ Within Minneapolis, widespread property destruction and looting occurred, including a police station being overrun by demonstrators and set on fire, causing the Minnesota National Guard to be activated and deployed on May 28. After a week of unrest, over $500 million in property damage was reported in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul area, with two deaths linked to the riots.” This was at the height of the deadly pandemic don’t forget.

CNN posted “mostly peaceful protests” with a fire raging behind it.

I wouldn’t call cars driving around with a “flag” Armageddon.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:39 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
And what if C A T really spelled “dog”?

Old 10-17-2021, 10:18 PM

11,636 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I did not know how to properly title this. Anyway as I am leaving the Stop and Shop in East Islip today. I hear a bunch of horns honking on sunrise and see pickup trucks driving East bound with flags all over. I was like WTF is this now? I go home and about an hour later I am sitting outside on my front porch. I see another big pickup truck driving westbound on Sunrise with several flags and signs all over saying F....ck Biden. Has anyone else seen this? I am not crazy about Biden either but I don't think I would go to that extreme. First it was the Trump supporters parading down main Street from East Islip to West Islip honking horns go trump. Now today total opposite. Armageddon has begun. Next it's riots in the streets if not already.
Yes, I have seen this too in Nassau. There is one guy who parades up and down on Sunrise Highway with huge flags on the back of his truck. The flags are attached to the back of his truck in such a way that no one can pass him. I've seen that truck parked in a lot behind a store. I guess he owns that store.

Today I saw huge signs on someone's lawn with the same vulgar language. What does this teach our early elementary aged kids, who are just too young to understand.

Old 10-18-2021, 03:09 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Yes, I have seen this too in Nassau. There is one guy who parades up and down on Sunrise Highway with huge flags on the back of his truck. The flags are attached to the back of his truck in such a way that no one can pass him. I've seen that truck parked in a lot behind a store. I guess he owns that store.

Today I saw huge signs on someone's lawn with the same vulgar language. What does this teach our early elementary aged kids, who are just too young to understand.
Yeah, not nearly the level of violence and destruction as the BLM riots a year or two ago (at the height of the pandemic) - since this is neither violent nor destructive - but certainly a concern to some.

My understanding is the little kids are already learning some peculiar stuff in the schools but yard signs can also be a concern.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 10-18-2021 at 03:21 AM..

Old 10-18-2021, 05:52 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Just shy of half the country hates Biden, why is this surprising to you?
It's not surprising as much as it is ridiculous. I know half the country hates Biden myself included. I just don't see a need to go to this extreme. It is not going to solve anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island