Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 04:30 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,787,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I went directly to the police station ten minutes later. They had no insterest in me filing a report. They said I could if I wanted to but they did not want her plate number and weren’t going to talk to her. I told them if they didn’t care, then I guess I didn’t care.

I spoke to a friend and she said she was going to tell a judge that she works for the next day. She did and he was shocked that this happened and that the woman needed to be arrested. He told her to tell me to call 911 that morning and it wasn’t too late. I called them and they asked where the emergency is. I said the emergency was over but wanted to report hi what happened. I was told that they only respond to emergencies and that she would send a Suffolk county police officer to me. I asked if I called last night. After the woman left and the emergency was over, could I report it and she said once the emergency was over, they would have went a police officer to me. So, I would have gotten the same result two minutes after it happened as I did the next morning. There was never a real emergency. I wasn’t stabbed or shot. They don’t care about anything less.
The bottom line is yes technically she could have been arrested, the problem is it’s just your word against her’s now without video or witnesses, or a real injury to show for it, there isn’t much of a case to prosecute.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,768,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Trying to point out that a crazy person is a crazy person period and why bring race into the equation. There are crazies no matter what the race.
Agreed.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:12 PM

958 posts, read 1,108,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Obviously you are clueless about self defense laws and the ramifications of both criminal and civil issues , and what they can cost just to be found innocent.

Going through certain steps where you can are certainly advisable rather than trying to play tough guy …
You have to understand that most of the members here are liberal experts in the use of Firearms and the laws that define the use of them. Un like us normal people that own and have trained for YEARS.
Mas Ayoob.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:53 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,158,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
You are so clueless as to what is taught it isn’t worth discussing it with you .

By the way these techniques are taught by the number one expert testimony in the country as far as expert testimony for those involved in shooting incidents …he is also the master trainer in the country for law enforcement, military and private security .

You can google massad ayoob and lethal force institute if you care to learn about his teachings or the whys certain things are done .

I can tell you don’t know a thing about personal protection and learning to close the openings for trouble , there cowboy
Just wondering, are you a LFI instructor?

Old 03-01-2022, 07:09 PM

290 posts, read 584,170 times
Quote:
I articulated exactly what hurt, which was a sore shoulder and even more sore the next day when I called 911. The officer said that if I do not have major medical bills and injuries, it is considered harassment. If I had bad injuries, it would be raised to a misdemeanor. A big nothing to them.
Well, then they're wrong. If you can articulate what the definition of an injury is, it's a Misdemeanor Assault, period.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:07 PM

2,607 posts, read 3,411,711 times
Quote:
I went directly to the police station ten minutes later. They had no insterest in me filing a report. They said I could if I wanted to but they did not want her plate number and weren’t going to talk to her. I told them if they didn’t care, then I guess I didn’t care.

I spoke to a friend and she said she was going to tell a judge that she works for the next day. She did and he was shocked that this happened and that the woman needed to be arrested. He told her to tell me to call 911 that morning and it wasn’t too late. I called them and they asked where the emergency is. I said the emergency was over but wanted to report hi what happened. I was told that they only respond to emergencies and that she would send a Suffolk county police officer to me. I asked if I called last night. After the woman left and the emergency was over, could I report it and she said once the emergency was over, they would have went a police officer to me. So, I would have gotten the same result two minutes after it happened as I did the next morning. There was never a real emergency. I wasn’t stabbed or shot. They don’t care about anything less.
Ok my bad, I thought you waited till the next day to follow up with this incident. But all jokes aside I think we all should take your experience as a learning lesson. This is the $hitty world we live in now and we need to rethink our next course of action when these situations arise.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:34 PM

853 posts, read 1,445,804 times
Quote:
I articulated exactly what hurt, which was a sore shoulder and even more sore the next day when I called 911. The officer said that if I do not have major medical bills and injuries, it is considered harassment. If I had bad injuries, it would be raised to a misdemeanor. A big nothing to them.
I can't believe that she can assault you and get away with it because your injuries weren't bad. Seems wrong. I'm sorry this happened to you. That woman will likely go and do it to someone else in the future.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:36 PM

3,290 posts, read 2,372,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Ok my bad, I thought you waited till the next day to follow up with this incident. But all jokes aside I think we all should take your experience as a learning lesson. This is the $hitty world we live in now and we need to rethink our next course of action when these situations arise.
Yeah. I’m not saying I want anything out of this ohpther than for this woman to not simply get away with it. I was just letting everyone know that this crap happens. Never once in my life has it happened to me. Not in bars or hanging out on the streets or in school or anywhere. It just happened out of nowhere. And the fact that it can happen, and have no impact on the attacker is eye opening. We live in a different world.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:22 AM

106,924 posts, read 109,196,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
You have to understand that most of the members here are liberal experts in the use of Firearms and the laws that define the use of them. Un like us normal people that own and have trained for YEARS.
Mas Ayoob.
Yep , they believe their own bull as it’s called Or learn from other misinformed people

Old 03-02-2022, 02:23 AM

106,924 posts, read 109,196,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Just wondering, are you a LFI instructor?
Nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: