Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 09:41 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times

Advertisements

I thought I would share this with my fellow long Islanders. This happened to me the other day.

I went to Walmart in Farmingdale and walked out to my car at 7:30 pm, my hood over my head on in the rain. I was walking in the middle of the parking lot, with cars parked on my left and right. I was almost at my car when I heard a woman screaming “next time you better wear your f#@cking mask.” I looked back and saw a black women staring me down about 5 or 6 cars away (or, 30’ or so). I said “excuse me? Last I heard, the mask mandate was lifted last week and no one has to wear a mask anywhere in public anymore. (I would estimate that half of shoppers in the store wore them). She said “Go ahead and cough again. I f@cking dare you.” So, I looked at her and said “ok” and then coughed. Again, I was 30’ away so there was no way it would get near her. . Well, she made a bee line for me and punched me in the shoulder with all her might. Gotta admit, that hurt. I asked her if she was crazy? She went in combat stance and screamed “what’s up! What’s up?, What’s up?” I said she was going to be arrested for assault and battery. All the while, her two young girls (maybe 7 and 9) were crying “mommy no”. I took pictures of her license plate as she backed out and sped off, almost crashing into another car at the end of the lot.

After calling 911, I was told that if I had no major medical bills, this will be considered harassment and there is no crime. I spoke to other police officers and I got the same answer. So, just know that anyone can come up to you and belt you, and as long as you aren’t severely injured, it’s ok. No crime has been committed. I don’t even care. I only think she shouldn’t get away with that behavior and she must be nuts to put her two young girls in danger. How did she know I wasn’t as crazy as she was? Why isn't this considered a hate crime? Or does that only go one way? This reminds me of the riots going on in 2020 where the police just stood down and did not enforce the law.

Last edited by trusso11783; 02-27-2022 at 09:52 PM..

Old 02-27-2022, 10:04 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
File a police report, then sue her. And next time, don't engage with crazy people.

Old 02-28-2022, 06:03 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I thought I would share this with my fellow long Islanders. This happened to me the other day.

I went to Walmart in Farmingdale and walked out to my car at 7:30 pm, my hood over my head on in the rain. I was walking in the middle of the parking lot, with cars parked on my left and right. I was almost at my car when I heard a woman screaming “next time you better wear your f#@cking mask.” I looked back and saw a black women staring me down about 5 or 6 cars away (or, 30’ or so). I said “excuse me? Last I heard, the mask mandate was lifted last week and no one has to wear a mask anywhere in public anymore. (I would estimate that half of shoppers in the store wore them). She said “Go ahead and cough again. I f@cking dare you.” So, I looked at her and said “ok” and then coughed. Again, I was 30’ away so there was no way it would get near her. . Well, she made a bee line for me and punched me in the shoulder with all her might. Gotta admit, that hurt. I asked her if she was crazy? She went in combat stance and screamed “what’s up! What’s up?, What’s up?” I said she was going to be arrested for assault and battery. All the while, her two young girls (maybe 7 and 9) were crying “mommy no”. I took pictures of her license plate as she backed out and sped off, almost crashing into another car at the end of the lot.

After calling 911, I was told that if I had no major medical bills, this will be considered harassment and there is no crime. I spoke to other police officers and I got the same answer. So, just know that anyone can come up to you and belt you, and as long as you aren’t severely injured, it’s ok. No crime has been committed. I don’t even care. I only think she shouldn’t get away with that behavior and she must be nuts to put her two young girls in danger. How did she know I wasn’t as crazy as she was? Why isn't this considered a hate crime? Or does that only go one way? This reminds me of the riots going on in 2020 where the police just stood down and did not enforce the law.
In this day and age, why would you engage? You should have walked away and not gotten smart with her. I understand the urge, but there are so many nut jobs out there these days, that she could have had a gun and shot you or a knife and lunged at you. I always warn everyone not to blow their horns, unless using it for the purpose intended for the same reason. There are just too many people out there with short fuses. While I understand your point and would agree, you should know better.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:10 AM

655 posts, read 1,060,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
In this day and age, why would you engage?
Especially at Walmart where incidents like this seem commonplace.
And it seems like a stretch to correlate this to the Black Lives Matter protests/riots of 2020 but we all have an agenda these days.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:13 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Your first mistake was getting into an argument with a black person. You are automatically the villain if you are not black yourself. Then you antagonized this woman? What were you thinking OP?
You should have recorded her behavior and posted it on social media. This way the world get to see the farce the BLM movement is and how it enables criminals like this woman. Just imagine if the situation was reversed. If you were a Caucasian man and laid a finger on this black lady. You would be in custody now, you would have been vilified all over the news and social media, your employment would most likely be terminated, etc. It would have been over for you but this woman walks away like nothing happened.
Just remember this people when you think about voting for weak, progressive political leaders who cater to the woke.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:36 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Why even engage? I would have pretended I didn't hear and gone on my merry way. People like this are looking for a fight, why give it to them?

DD went out to to dinner with friends the other night. They walked by the bar of the establishment and a guy said "ugh masks". DD is recovering from COVID, I would have loved it if she went up and coughed in his face but she just ignored him, her only comment being "at least I'm not alone at a bar on a Saturday night harrassing teenagers". Which she didn't say to him.

Honestly people need to move on from masking - on both sides. We're two years in, no one's mind is being changed and mandates are going away so live with it.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:43 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
One of the first things I learned in training is to avoid a confrontation at all costs if you are not at risk .

They taught us if we were going to carry a handgun to take a matchbook at the time ….wrap a bunch of singles with a 10 or 20 on top around the match book held with rubber bands ..

We had to practice flinging that as far as we could .

The idea is now at a hint of a confrontation that looks like it will turn nasty , just say you don’t want any trouble and to buy the guys beers on you ….then fling it as far as you can .

It looks like a big wad of bills so hopefully they go for the wad of money giving you a chance to get away ….

If not and you ended up shooting these punks it looks good in court that you tried to even buy them off.

So avoiding a confrontation is primary

Old 02-28-2022, 07:43 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post

Don't forget Governor Cuomo's "bail reform", over 200 crimes can be committed in NYS, and the criminal will be let go with no bail required, the cops aren't going to bother with your complaint.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:47 AM

914 posts, read 562,491 times
#WalmartParkingLot is definitionally a lawless zone, anywhere/anytime.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:48 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Larsen View Post
#WalmartParkingLot is definitionally a lawless zone, anywhere/anytime.
Isn’t that where they filmed the OK CORRAL ? Ha ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: