Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 11:34 AM

48 posts, read 29,113 times

Advertisements

All I wanted was accuracy info, for crying out load

Old 03-09-2022, 12:10 PM

107,362 posts, read 109,759,614 times
Don’t waste our time

Old 03-09-2022, 02:49 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,704,981 times
Pretty sure after #22 posts that ship has sailed.

Old 03-09-2022, 02:51 PM

48 posts, read 29,113 times
Who is "our", and you are the speaker for "them"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Don’t waste our time

Old 03-09-2022, 02:59 PM

Yes ,and this post as you started it , is pure nonsense.

Anyone find the ops post as started is a useless waste of time ?

Old 03-09-2022, 03:24 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,176,434 times
Quote:
I never disclose what I do …..what I do is my own business

Shooting through a pocket when warranted is just fine …whether you are justified or not has zero to do with how you handle the situation if you are .

It is no different than a wallet holster that looks like a wallet and can be fired while holding it .

The fact that a hammerless snubby can fire without being shown is irrelevant if you are justified
As a covert operator have you ever shoot through your pocket, or is that a secret too?

Old 03-09-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
As a covert operator have you ever shoot through your pocket, or is that a secret too?
Didn’t have to , but did have a situation many years ago where it came in handy …

In the middle of the night someone was banging on our door ……

I slipped on a robe and went downstairs to see what was going on . I dropped mr snubby in my pocket .

I kept asking who it was but they didn’t reply in a cohesive way and it was to dark to see anyone on the porch .

Thinking it may be one of our elderly sick neighbors needing help I made the decision to open the door .

So I didn’t know what to expect .

It turns out it was some drunk guy who was on the wrong block , but right house for his buddies party .

All the homes in kew garden hills where we were are cookie cutter attached homes so the blocks looked a like .

I had no problem opening my door as all the while the firearm was in my hand in the robe pocket and no one was ever the wiser that they had a firearm covering their moves.

It ended up being a big nothing and the ability to not have to display a weapon or waste time deploying one in order to use it is A big deal in situations that you just don’t know what the deal is…

That is why a hammerless snubby can be very useful for civilian situations…

Sometimes you want the assurance of having it at the ready but don’t really know if it will be warranted or needed ….you cant do that with a semi auto which needs to be out in the open to use as the slide needs to cycle

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-09-2022 at 04:38 PM..

Old 03-09-2022, 06:51 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,176,434 times
Quote:
Didn’t have to , but did have a situation many years ago where it came in handy …

In the middle of the night someone was banging on our door ……

I slipped on a robe and went downstairs to see what was going on . I dropped mr snubby in my pocket .

I kept asking who it was but they didn’t reply in a cohesive way and it was to dark to see anyone on the porch .

Thinking it may be one of our elderly sick neighbors needing help I made the decision to open the door .

So I didn’t know what to expect .

It turns out it was some drunk guy who was on the wrong block , but right house for his buddies party .

All the homes in kew garden hills where we were are cookie cutter attached homes so the blocks looked a like .

I had no problem opening my door as all the while the firearm was in my hand in the robe pocket and no one was ever the wiser that they had a firearm covering their moves.

It ended up being a big nothing and the ability to not have to display a weapon or waste time deploying one in order to use it is A big deal in situations that you just don’t know what the deal is…

That is why a hammerless snubby can be very useful for civilian situations…

Sometimes you want the assurance of having it at the ready but don’t really know if it will be warranted or needed ….you cant do that with a semi auto which needs to be out in the open to use as the slide needs to cycle
Why open the door at all if you didn't know what to expect? You don't have lights on your porch (that's a security issue), no call to 911?

Forgive me but it sounds like you're play acting a bit with the gun, especially pointing a loaded handgun at someone in the middle of the night.

Old 03-09-2022, 07:49 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,704,981 times
Quote:
I dropped mr snubby in my pocket .
Is that mr snubby in your pocket or are you glad to see me?

Old 03-10-2022, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Why open the door at all if you didn't know what to expect? You don't have lights on your porch (that's a security issue), no call to 911?

Forgive me but it sounds like you're play acting a bit with the gun, especially pointing a loaded handgun at someone in the middle of the night.
When the door has a peep hole it is to hard to see porch light or not ….

You can do as you like …I have my own way of dealing with things .. no need to dial 911 at that point until I know the issue ..my wife could dial 911 if need be .

Sorry but you are playing the game of why not do this or do that Monday morning quarterbacking…

If they intended us harm they could easily smash a window and come in so opening the door or not is a moot point

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-10-2022 at 02:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: