Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 09:44 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,772,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I have zero problem with ppl losing jobs over marijuana bc i dont use it so thats a job i could have over someone who does do it.
So you don't want competition. Sounds like the American way. Make sure other groups can't even get foot in the door. Lol. Kick the ladder off the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 10:28 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,423,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
So you don't want competition. Sounds like the American way. Make sure other groups can't even get foot in the door. Lol. Kick the ladder off the wall.
Why should a drug user get a job over a non drug user?

Old 03-13-2022, 02:43 PM

1,290 posts, read 576,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Why should a drug user get a job over a non drug user?
Drug dealer doesn't necessarily mean drug user.

This is also about people obtaining permits to own their own businesses, not go work for the state.

Also, by that logic a drinker shouldn't be allowed to own a bar or liquor store, and anyone who gambles shouldn't be allowed to run a convenience store that sells lottery.

Old 03-13-2022, 04:34 PM

I will never understand the logic. People will stand up and defy the mask laws or vax laws because they feel that its "stupid". Well criminalizing marijuana is just as stupid. Gov overreach right? Those who got time for selling or using marijuana should get reparations . Lol. Lol..

Old 03-13-2022, 06:08 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,212,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilawyer View Post
On one hand, as Newsday reports:
"People with pot convictions to get first crack at dispensary licenses".
The same day, Newsday also reports:
"THC sold at Nassau smoke shops, six arrested, police say".
Are six lucky smoke shop employees now gonna get a first crack at selling legal weed on Long Island?
It's mind boggling. Reefer madness. Times ten.
Time for another glass of wine [LOL].
I know - I couldn't believe it either. What an industry THIS is going to be - run, organized and financed by the released felons. They claim most of them will be black and hispanic because they were picked on more. No wonder Cuomo wanted to let them all vote. Organized financing of gang bangers. Already some friends of mine are packing to move because the stoners have already come out in their buildings - getting wasted in common areas of complexes and higher density buildings are getting the smoke rafting up through the vents. Its just begun.

Old 03-13-2022, 06:33 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,793,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I thought weed is legal in NY now. I can’t keep up.
Legal in NY Yes. Federal? No. However in NY you cant just sell it out of whatever store you feel like without proper permits and licenses. That is still illegal.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:31 AM

2,689 posts, read 2,345,204 times
This is all propaganda by the state to make them look like they care. The permits, and everything that goes into growing or operating a retail shop is going to cost tons of $$ that the states “target” operator most likely doesn’t have and a bank will most likely not provide $$ for. Maybe some ding dong that got arrested for weed will own 2% of a grow operation while the $$ guy has the rest.

Old 03-14-2022, 02:05 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,007,221 times
Not everyone was born to live life to the fullest and explore the possibilities. Some people want to be stoned just like some want to be drunk.
But if booze is legal, and thats pure poison, so should weed. If anything, it tames the undomesticated, unlike booze.

Old 03-14-2022, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Not everyone was born to live life to the fullest and explore the possibilities. Some people want to be stoned just like some want to be drunk.
But if booze is legal, and thats pure poison, so should weed. If anything, it tames the undomesticated, unlike booze.
Tames?

Old 03-15-2022, 11:10 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,530,606 times
This discussion isn't about whether pot should be legal, I gather, since it was legalized in NY already. The issue is over whether people convicted under the old laws should get priority over everyone else in obtaining a dispensary license. It's clearly the state's way of making restitution... but very, very few people went to jail for pot anytime recently who were not either larger scale dealers or up to other bad stuff. Possession crimes are an easy thing to prosecute, so cops would routinely say they smelled pot/thought the person was intoxicated, pat them down, and find evidence of other crimes (carrying a pistol, etc.).

That, and it was a useful tool to get people off the street that they couldn't otherwise. Say a domestic call, and the girlfriend clams up when the police arrive, or a larger crime in an area where "snitches get stitches". Finding weed on the bad guy was an easy way to take him in for the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island