Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 08:04 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times

Advertisements

News12 had the article this morning online when you posted on this. You left out Suffolk is up 183 percent in catalytic converter thefts.

https://longisland.news12.com/alert-...-250-in-nassau

“ Bellone's campaign also made a $20,000 contribution to Democrat Alvin Bragg”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 07:11 AM

983 posts, read 725,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I am not an apologist for either party. However, I do believe you need to be patient and see what fleshes out by the end of his term. Nothing happens overnight you know.
Almost one year is not overnight. Crime has gotten worse since he's the county executive. Not a good trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
He has no control over the courts which has to follow the insane bail reform laws. Only so much can be done
Then he's either a liar, useless or incompetent.
I can't believe that people voted for him when he didn't have a plan for one of the two things that he pledged for. And who knows if he's going to do anything with the assessments issue.

I didn't like Curran, but we were better with her.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:21 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
News12 had the article this morning online when you posted on this. You left out Suffolk is up 183 percent in catalytic converter thefts.

https://longisland.news12.com/alert-...-250-in-nassau

“ Bellone's campaign also made a $20,000 contribution to Democrat Alvin Bragg”
I cannot believe anybody watches or even acknowledges News 12 anymore.
I mean, talk about a dumpster fire of an excuse for a “news” outlet. Damn.
It’s become like the cable tv version of The Enquirer or World News.

Old 09-30-2022, 07:59 AM

1,262 posts, read 561,609 times
I still think that Blakeman never actually planned to win, and so never actually had solid plans or staff ready to implement them. Most of the campaign was based on issues outside of the purview of the County Executive, like bail reform and covid regulations. He was used to holding office in the township, which although large in size, wasn't actually on the hook for all that much in the way of services aside from parks and street maintenance (both of which have taken tremendous downturns over the years). Now with the County, he has to deal with providing real services like policing, and dealing with unions that ill push back and don't exist solely to support the ruling political party of the municipality.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:43 AM

36 posts, read 23,321 times
the cops are out in full force to give out parking tickets in Jericho Broadway Common, they are also too busy giving out stop sign tickets for not stopping full 5 seconds. they just don't care about burglary or stolen cars.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:05 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
I still think that Blakeman never actually planned to win, and so never actually had solid plans or staff ready to implement them. Most of the campaign was based on issues outside of the purview of the County Executive, like bail reform and covid regulations. He was used to holding office in the township, which although large in size, wasn't actually on the hook for all that much in the way of services aside from parks and street maintenance (both of which have taken tremendous downturns over the years). Now with the County, he has to deal with providing real services like policing, and dealing with unions that ill push back and don't exist solely to support the ruling political party of the municipality.
Oh I totally agree, he did not expect to win at all.

Old 09-30-2022, 11:25 AM

412 posts, read 289,583 times
He seems to be staying out of prison himself so far, which is good for a Nassau GOP County Executive. Does that count?

Old 09-30-2022, 02:04 PM

3,208 posts, read 1,671,394 times
Best thing for NY people is to vote against woke politicians like AOC. Do not vote for Kathy Hochul. Recall all politicians includes DAs that support decriminalization and lightweight to no penalty on criminals.

Old 09-30-2022, 02:11 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I cannot believe anybody watches or even acknowledges News 12 anymore.
I mean, talk about a dumpster fire of an excuse for a “news” outlet. Damn.
It’s become like the cable tv version of The Enquirer or World News.
I especially enjoy the interviews with the snow plow drivers the day before one inch of snow is predicted to "hit" Long Island

Old 09-30-2022, 03:35 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Best thing for NY people is to vote against woke politicians like AOC. Do not vote for Kathy Hochul. Recall all politicians includes DAs that support decriminalization and lightweight to no penalty on criminals.
Hahaha!
Like that’ll ever happen.
NYC is prime example. Those dopes had their chance for a regime change and they blew it.
They voted in another dunce.
And the NYC metro area dictates who moves into the governors mansion.
Hey it is what it is. The only real solution for change is to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island