Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 06:45 PM

1,370 posts, read 1,703,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
[b]
Apparently you are a fan(atic) of the Trumpian Lost Cause ideology.
Not at all, you have the wrong guy when it comes to Trump.

Trump has hung himself with his words so frequently you shouldn't have to cherry-pick phrases out of context to make your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 07:08 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,427,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post

Trump has hung himself with his words so frequently you shouldn't have to cherry-pick phrases out of context to make your point.
Don't you get it? If your not on the left, you HAVE to be a trump lover

Old 10-26-2022, 07:20 PM

226 posts, read 130,456 times
Quote:
Let's be precise then we can draw conclusions.

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

To be more precise, if my memory doesn't fail me, the "neo-Nazis" (in reality a small number of knuckleheads), met annually in that park for decades without any disturbances. It wasn't until the left made an issue of removing the statue AND to have it removed on the day the "neo-Nazis" were to hold their meeting that a deadly conflict ensued. So, was the death of a young lady worth the removal of a statue?

FYI - the "neo-Nazis" still have their annual meet in that Charlottesville park.
So you're blaming "the left" for a neo-Nazi (or excuse me, is "knucklehead" the preferred nomenclature?) murdering a young lady? And yes, said "knucklehead" had his day in court and was convicted of first-degree murder.

Also, it really says something that so-called "conservatives" these days glorify traitors like Robert E. Lee. And from a state that proudly fought for the Union, no less!

Old 10-26-2022, 07:31 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,958,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
So you're blaming "the left" for a neo-Nazi (or excuse me, is "knucklehead" the preferred nomenclature?) murdering a young lady? And yes, said "knucklehead" had his day in court and was convicted of first-degree murder.

Also, it really says something that so-called "conservatives" these days glorify traitors like Robert E. Lee. And from a state that proudly fought for the Union, no less!
Agree, enter stage right, gaslighting American people for over a century with Lost Cause mythologies.

How Trumpism Is Becoming America’s New “Lost Cause”
We really have arrived at, it appears, two irreconcilable Americas with their own information systems, their own facts, their own story, their own narrative,” says David Blight, the legendary Yale historian whose work studying the Civil War and Reconstruction Era won him a Pulitzer Prize.

As Donald Trump’s more extremist followers cling to his bogus claims of a stolen election, wrapping Trump’s complaints into a nationalist counternarrative driven by racial anxiety and anger at the government, they risk creating a legacy that will divide the country long after the man himself leaves the stage. “In search of a story—in search of a history, in search of a leader, in search of anything they can attach to—lost causes tend to become these great mythologies whose great conspiracy theories tend to explain everything,” says Blight.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...t-cause-461161

Old 10-26-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:

What is your point?

Old 10-26-2022, 08:43 PM

5,310 posts, read 4,811,424 times
Quote:
OP linked to an article:
Nassau attorney and former East Williston school board trustee John O’Kelly was arrested Thursday for his actions during the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to the federal prosecutors.
Still waiting for clarification:
Lol what terror attacks? Please list them which building were bombed, mass killings attributed to so called white supremacist groups last year? Everyone knows that so called threat is a joke. So you can take your little far left guardian article and throw it on the pile of rubbish with the daily beast, mother jones etc

Old 10-26-2022, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol what terror attacks? Please list them which building were bombed, mass killings attributed to so called white supremacist groups last year? Everyone knows that so called threat is a joke. So you can take your little far left guardian article and throw it on the pile of rubbish with the daily beast, mother jones etc
Not laughing. Everybody knows … that’s how it goes …

Old 10-26-2022, 09:03 PM

9,517 posts, read 11,279,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
any word yet on the thousands of blm/antifa that burn cities down in 2020, including nyc and surrounding areas?
Those were mostly peaceful protests, fire-bombings, lootings, robberies, and murders.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:57 AM

5,310 posts, read 4,811,424 times
Quote:
Not laughing. Everybody knows … that’s how it goes …

Great response, because of course you have none like any typical leftist. I await your list of terror attacks committed by so called white supremacist terror groups in the last year.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:21 AM

5,948 posts, read 3,058,649 times
Does anyone actually care about Jan 6 ? I don’t think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island