Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2022, 07:05 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Better get used to idea of heat pumps;

"The state Climate Action Council, a 22-member commission created by state law to set policies related to climate change, last week adopted a sweeping plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and developing renewable energy.

One section of the plan called for prohibiting the installation of heating equipment that burns fossil fuels in newly constructed single-family homes and low-rise apartment buildings, beginning in 2025.

The council plan also said new commercial buildings and multifamily homes higher than three stories would face the same mandate beginning with building permits issued in 2028."

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2022/1...l-it-work.html

Just three years away...

"The first phase of this ‘phase-out’ begins in 2025 when newly constructed single-family homes and low-rise apartment buildings will need to be heated with heat pumps. Larger structures – including commercial builds would require heat pumps between 2028 and 2030."

https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2022/12...-do-they-cost/
Ain’t my problem.
I heat with wood. And will until the day I die whether anybody likes it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 07:13 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Ain’t my problem.
I heat with wood. And will until the day I die whether anybody likes it or not.
Yup keep burning away. There is absolutely nothing the climate nuts can do about it.

Old 12-29-2022, 07:20 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yup keep burning away. There is absolutely nothing the climate nuts can do about it.
I'm sure they will try. Idiots.

Old 12-29-2022, 07:30 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Let them!

Old 12-29-2022, 09:44 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
There really isn't much tree huggers or anyone else can truly do. Well that is unless you are trying to buy new construction that falls under any of the various climate edicts mandating heat pumps or whatever.

Tons of people in upstate NY down through PA and elsewhere still burn coal. Certain people don't like it but there isn't much that can be done.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:46 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
They’re actively trying to regulate wood burning. It’s just getting ridiculous now.
It’s almost comical, the nonsense they are coming up with is so off the wall you honestly gotta make sure it’s for real and not coming from the Babylon Bee or something.
Especially places like NY with sky and climbing electric rates, and they want everyone to transition to all electric utilities? In NY. Where it gets really cold. And really hot.
And drive an electric car. C’mon they can’t be serious? Yup these crazies are as serious as a heart attack with this crap.

It’s our own fault though. We allowed the government to take control of every aspect of our lives. We let this happen.

Old 12-30-2022, 06:28 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
They’re actively trying to regulate wood burning. It’s just getting ridiculous now.
It’s almost comical, the nonsense they are coming up with is so off the wall you honestly gotta make sure it’s for real and not coming from the Babylon Bee or something.
Especially places like NY with sky and climbing electric rates, and they want everyone to transition to all electric utilities? In NY. Where it gets really cold. And really hot.
And drive an electric car. C’mon they can’t be serious? Yup these crazies are as serious as a heart attack with this crap.

It’s our own fault though. We allowed the government to take control of every aspect of our lives. We let this happen.
They are serious, and its happening. NY is the new California

Old 12-30-2022, 07:00 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Don't be so sure the tree huggers will ask if you planted a tree to replace the one you are burning.

Old 12-30-2022, 07:07 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
They are serious, and its happening. NY is the new California
Yep, and the governor just signed a new law that allows anyone to marry a couple so long as they get a one day authorization and $25 of course. So the family member or friend can be "further engaged" according to the article. These dimwits actually had to legislate this. Let's all sit in a a circle and sing together, "That's what friends are for!".

https://nypost.com/2022/12/28/gov-ka...iate-weddings/

Old 12-30-2022, 09:08 AM

983 posts, read 725,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
There was a recent story about how a Ford Lightning EV powered the home owners house for almost 2 days, and still had the capability to drive and get power afterwards - this was in Canada. Some of the newer EVs have this capability.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/ont...e-to-two-days/
This is amazing. I had no idea and it makes total sense.
No more gas power generators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island