Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2022, 06:54 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
Weed doesn’t affect driving like alcohol
And here they come....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2022, 07:22 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,056,026 times
Hey you NYers experiencing Reefer Madness -

posting from California here, where its been legal for several years.

some people will partake to excess because big daddy govt said it was OK, and some never have and never will partake.

traffic laws havent changed. If you crash into a telephone pole and kill yourself, crash into a schoolbus full of kids and kill them, or drift into the other lane, its the same thing as 2021 or 2011 or 2001. Yes they still hand out DUIs for Driving Under The Influence, and in California its about $10,000 dollars in fines and court fees and lose-your-license-to-drive DMV hassles, last time I asked a friend who got one. I dont know how it is in NY.

Old 12-24-2022, 01:46 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Whatever you say Cheech….it’s still completely illegal with the same consequences as drinking and driving

Old 12-24-2022, 02:29 PM

544 posts, read 939,166 times
Quote:
Impaired reaction time whether high or drunk is an issue. Cannabis causes a lag.

https://www.codot.gov/safety/impaire...ws/cannabislag

Old 12-25-2022, 06:40 PM

184 posts, read 227,789 times
For 20 years I’ve never been not high when I drive and I’m sure my driving record is better than all of yours. See you on the road!

Old 12-25-2022, 06:46 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
For 20 years I’ve never been not high when I drive and I’m sure my driving record is better than all of yours. See you on the road!
Nice, Hope you don't end up killing someone dope fiend...

Old 12-25-2022, 09:39 PM

577 posts, read 978,970 times
Everything is now allowed in NY & under the rare case that you get caught there will be minimal consequences. Elections have consequences. Good luck with Hochul

Old 12-26-2022, 01:28 AM

323 posts, read 198,951 times
I ended my friendship with my best friend of 44 years because of weed. She is a NYC school teacher who suddenly was having a midlife crisis. She's a married mother of one teenaged child and decided it would be fun to suddenly get high morning, noon and night to take the "edge off and chill". Not only was she teaching 5 year old kids stoned and never once had to submit to a random drug test, she was driving around high with her kid in the car.

In a just a few months, she managed to total her car and other people's cars on three occasions. She must have really good insurance. She was driving high as a kite all over the place and thought it was funny which pissed me off. Her reaction time went way down and she blamed all of the accidents on the other cars in front of her stopping short and rammed them from behind with her SUV. One old lady she hit got badly injured in one of the accidents. She said it was all their fault and swore in every single instance they stopped short which I call BS on. I was like ”Have you ever thought driving around high wasn't the reason”?, She said weed is harmless and not a problem when driving and she can "handle it". She swore it didn't make her high and that she was very coherent on it. Weed smokers always say that. She found nothing wrong at all with driving a motor vehicle or teaching her students while stoned off of her arse.

She told me the police didn't give her a sobriety check even though her car reeked of weed and thought it was hilarious how she got away with it each and every time. Not only could she have killed herself, she could end up killing others and sadly she doesn't care. I am done dealing with a selfish stoner. If you want to do weed, do it in your house and stay locked on your couch for all I care. However, don't smoke up and drive a motor vehicle because then that makes you a selfish low life.

The cherry on the top was the day my mother died, she handed my kids weed and said "This will make you feel better". I threw that filthy stinkweed in the garbage and told her I was never going to speak to her again for as long as I live. She was lucky I didn't call the cops on her for trying to give drugs to minors. These menaces are all over the road here on Long Island, in NYC and the rest if the country.

Last edited by dk1111; 12-26-2022 at 01:50 AM..

Old 12-26-2022, 06:28 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
I ended my friendship with my best friend of 44 years because of weed. She is a NYC school teacher who suddenly was having a midlife crisis. She's a married mother of one teenaged child and decided it would be fun to suddenly get high morning, noon and night to take the "edge off and chill". Not only was she teaching 5 year old kids stoned and never once had to submit to a random drug test, she was driving around high with her kid in the car.

In a just a few months, she managed to total her car and other people's cars on three occasions. She must have really good insurance. She was driving high as a kite all over the place and thought it was funny which pissed me off. Her reaction time went way down and she blamed all of the accidents on the other cars in front of her stopping short and rammed them from behind with her SUV. One old lady she hit got badly injured in one of the accidents. She said it was all their fault and swore in every single instance they stopped short which I call BS on. I was like ”Have you ever thought driving around high wasn't the reason”?, She said weed is harmless and not a problem when driving and she can "handle it". She swore it didn't make her high and that she was very coherent on it. Weed smokers always say that. She found nothing wrong at all with driving a motor vehicle or teaching her students while stoned off of her arse.

She told me the police didn't give her a sobriety check even though her car reeked of weed and thought it was hilarious how she got away with it each and every time. Not only could she have killed herself, she could end up killing others and sadly she doesn't care. I am done dealing with a selfish stoner. If you want to do weed, do it in your house and stay locked on your couch for all I care. However, don't smoke up and drive a motor vehicle because then that makes you a selfish low life.

The cherry on the top was the day my mother died, she handed my kids weed and said "This will make you feel better". I threw that filthy stinkweed in the garbage and told her I was never going to speak to her again for as long as I live. She was lucky I didn't call the cops on her for trying to give drugs to minors. These menaces are all over the road here on Long Island, in NYC and the rest if the country.
Generally speaking I am a "not my circus, not my monkeys" kind of gal in situation likes this. It usually winds up badly for you no matter what the circumstances. In this case, however, if you are sure of the facts I would absolutely go to either the principal of the pool or the superintendent and state your concerns and ask or rather beg, not to be revealed as the source. The district will then watch her. If she is a danger to the students she not only should be removed, but it would also be a good idea to report her to the police and state your facts and ask for anonymity. The police would be less likely to take action unless they see it so the school district is the way to go.

Old 12-26-2022, 08:13 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post

Unfortunately this is standard mentality of the habitual weed user. This country is going to be dealing with a whole truck load of useless psychologically damaged people in the years to come between dopamine overstimulation from smart phones and everything they give you at your fingertips, and all the drug use. People who hate smoking finally achieved clean air over the last 20 years, and now because people think pot is harmless we will probably have to fight that fight again. I feel bad for anyone stuck in an apartment complex now stuck next to habitual drug users.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island