Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 10:31 AM

15,440 posts, read 7,502,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Unfortunately this is standard mentality of the habitual weed user. This country is going to be dealing with a whole truck load of useless psychologically damaged people in the years to come between dopamine overstimulation from smart phones and everything they give you at your fingertips, and all the drug use. People who hate smoking finally achieved clean air over the last 20 years, and now because people think pot is harmless we will probably have to fight that fight again. I feel bad for anyone stuck in an apartment complex now stuck next to habitual drug users.
Yeah, we will be back to the "do whatever you want in your own space, but it better not impinge on anyone else's space. My brother had an issue with cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system at one place he lived, and management wouldn't do anything about it. He seriously considered trying to find a large fart smell source to spray into the ventilation, and would have said that he couldn't control his flatulence in his own apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2022, 06:43 PM

323 posts, read 199,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Generally speaking I am a "not my circus, not my monkeys" kind of gal in situation likes this. It usually winds up badly for you no matter what the circumstances. In this case, however, if you are sure of the facts I would absolutely go to either the principal of the pool or the superintendent and state your concerns and ask or rather beg, not to be revealed as the source. The district will then watch her. If she is a danger to the students she not only should be removed, but it would also be a good idea to report her to the police and state your facts and ask for anonymity. The police would be less likely to take action unless they see it so the school district is the way to go.
If I ratted her out she would know it was me and come after me. Ever since she started smoking weed her behavior has become psychotic and unpredictable while she is high. She used to be a really nice, kind and normal person. The weed makes her personality change.

She now cheats on her husband and every time one of the guys she cheats with dumps her, she becomes a stalker. In one instance she broke into one of the homes of one of the ex guys she was messing around with and threatened him and his new girlfriend. He filed a police report and got a restraining order. She promised she would never do it again so he dropped the charges.

She has tenure so it is almost impossible to fire a NYC teacher. She has gotten into big trouble with her principal a few times before and written up for inappropriate behavior in the classroom. All she had to do was call up her union rep up and they helped her keep her job with a free lawyer.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:03 PM

323 posts, read 199,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Unfortunately this is standard mentality of the habitual weed user. This country is going to be dealing with a whole truck load of useless psychologically damaged people in the years to come between dopamine overstimulation from smart phones and everything they give you at your fingertips, and all the drug use. People who hate smoking finally achieved clean air over the last 20 years, and now because people think pot is harmless we will probably have to fight that fight again. I feel bad for anyone stuck in an apartment complex now stuck next to habitual drug users.
The problem is too many people are convinced weed is harmless. The government is legalizing and decriminalizing it just to make millions in taxes and wants the general population stoned and complacent. I grew up during the time when they had those "Say No To Drugs" commercials and we were told it would destroy your mind. Now they are trying to get everyone on it because it's a money maker for big pharma, the dispensaries and the government.

For example my 73 year old uncle who has crippling back pain can barely get out of bed without his daily oxycodone. They are going after opioids, and trying to make him go off of them and go on medicinal weed instead. They keep trying to take his pain meds away from him because the doctors are too afraid the DEA will raid them if they prescribe it to too many patients. He is 73 years old for God's sake. Let him have his pain meds. He's going to die soon anyway.

He told me his doctor keeps telling him to smoke weed instead and that he would prescribe it to him for the pain. My uncle told me he does not want to take weed. They keep trying to push it on him telling him that is the answer while they keep threatening to cut his doses of pain meds that he needs in order to get out of bed, walk and function. What might work for some people won't work for others.

He has an adult son in his 40's who recently got hooked on weed and hits the bong all day and night. He lost a really good paying job because he was too stoned to get out of bed to get to work on time. He had that job for 20 years. His wife had enough and divorced him and threw him out of the house because he lost his job and was smoking weed out of a bong in front of the child in the house. He left her a single mom with a 3 year old child for his bong habit. He moved in with my uncle. Now my uncle said the weed makes him act erratic and he started punching holes in his walls and screams and curses at him all day.

Some people can handle weed, but think of all the other brain dead stoners out there who are destroying every last braincell. All they say are the basic excuses like "It's natural and it barely effects me and is not addicting at all". Such a bunch of crap. If you took their pot away from them they would freak out and go bananas.

Last edited by dk1111; 12-26-2022 at 07:14 PM..

Old 12-27-2022, 12:06 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
If I ratted her out she would know it was me and come after me. Ever since she started smoking weed her behavior has become psychotic and unpredictable while she is high. She used to be a really nice, kind and normal person. The weed makes her personality change.

She now cheats on her husband and every time one of the guys she cheats with dumps her, she becomes a stalker. In one instance she broke into one of the homes of one of the ex guys she was messing around with and threatened him and his new girlfriend. He filed a police report and got a restraining order. She promised she would never do it again so he dropped the charges.

She has tenure so it is almost impossible to fire a NYC teacher. She has gotten into big trouble with her principal a few times before and written up for inappropriate behavior in the classroom. All she had to do was call up her union rep up and they helped her keep her job with a free lawyer.
Uhhhh. This kinda went off the rails here. Let it go. Lol.

Old 12-27-2022, 01:37 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post

I do understand your reluctance BUT, (and sorry to put it on you this way), if she killed someone on the road or distributing it, ask yourself how you would cope with that guilt.

Old 12-28-2022, 11:13 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Being drunk and high on weed is 2 totally different animals.

I was on Southern State Parkway last week and the guy beside me was taking hits off a 2 foot bong while driving! Wth.
OMG! That's crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island