Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2023, 09:44 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,032,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Santos was just on the news (at a new ‘migrant’ site at Creedmore) criticizing money spent on illegals while citizens are hungry. The local Dems are frighty-scared of addressing the Biden administration’s complete failure on the border issue. And borders are, you know, important. Embarrassing.

And they wonder why Santos got elected.
Nobody "wonders why Santos got elected"... we know why... it's not some secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Really? Name them. And before you answer research how many distinct viewers or readers the "far right" outlets have?
Social Media... period. That is the issue.

While you screech about "MSM" you conveniently forget where most people get their bias confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2023, 02:26 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,667,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Social Media... period. That is the issue.

While you screech about "MSM" you conveniently forget where most people get their bias confirmed.
Social media definitely swings left - Reddit, FB, YouTube, TikTok, Insta, Snap, WikiPedia - they all are demonstrably left. Reddit is easily the worst offender at limiting conservative voices and creating an echo chamber of progressive ideas.

Old 08-23-2023, 02:48 PM

5,058 posts, read 3,959,934 times
Quote:
Social media definitely swings left - Reddit, FB, YouTube, TikTok, Insta, Snap, WikiPedia - they all are demonstrably left. Reddit is easily the worst offender at limiting conservative voices and creating an echo chamber of progressive ideas.
Yes.

When they ALL jumped on board with the (ridiculous) Lefty lie that Hunter’s laptop was Russian disinformation they embarrassed themselves. Still no apology, but now normal folks know they lie, lie, lie. Shamelessly. Cause that one was a whopper.

Old 08-23-2023, 03:03 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,775,033 times
Quote:
Yep I don’t know what he’s even talking about. Pretty much ALL major social media is run by leftists and moderated by leftists.

Old 08-23-2023, 04:23 PM

186 posts, read 67,680 times
I like how the righties keep bringing Hunter Biden into literally every topic. Just seems like that is the robotic "go to" nowadays when they can't think of a good argument just keep using the Hunter Biden card.

By the way anyone see those mugshots coming out of GA? Quite a sight to behold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yep I don’t know what he’s even talking about. Pretty much ALL major social media is run by leftists and moderated by leftists.
What about Twitter/X? Truth Social? Parler? Rumble?

Old 08-23-2023, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
I like how the righties keep bringing Hunter Biden into literally every topic. Just seems like that is the robotic "go to" nowadays when they can't think of a good argument just keep using the Hunter Biden card.

By the way anyone see those mugshots coming out of GA? Quite a sight to behold.

What about Twitter/X? Truth Social? Parler? Rumble?
Lol Get real man, Twitter was always a complete left wing dominated echo chamber only recently started allowing some dissenting opinion after Elon took over, it’s better now but still full of left wing posters. A right wing site it’s not. Lol Parler (does that even exist anymore), Rumble, TS? All tiny blips in the internet compared to the massive left wing dominated social media companies. The left absolutely dominates 95% of the social media space

Old 08-23-2023, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I like how the lefties keep bringing up Donald Trump into literally every topic. Just seems like the robotic “go to” nowadays when they can’t think of a good argument just keep using the Donald Trump card.

See what I did there? The left has been doing what you are whining about for YEARS even after he left office. Lmao!

Old 08-23-2023, 05:36 PM

186 posts, read 67,680 times
Quote:
Lol Get real man, Twitter was always a complete left wing dominated echo chamber only recently started allowing some dissenting opinion after Elon took over, it’s better now but still full of left wing posters.
Twitter has pretty much done a complete 180 under Musk and you're complaining because it's still "full of left wing posters"? Are you suggesting they all be banned and censored?

Quote:
All tiny blips in the internet compared to the massive left wing dominated social media companies. The left absolutely dominates 95% of the social media space
Is that really surprising given that most of social media are dominated by youth who tend to overwhelmingly be left wing? But even still conservatives have plenty of presence in those "left wing dominated" social media companies. Last I checked Trump has over 30M followers on FB and even Reddit that was called the "worst offender" on here has over 1M users in their conservative sub.

Quote:
I like how the lefties keep bringing up Donald Trump into literally every topic. Just seems like the robotic “go to” nowadays when they can’t think of a good argument just keep using the Donald Trump card.

See what I did there? The left has been doing what you are whining about for YEARS even after he left office. Lmao!
You act like he's not the republican frontrunner for president right now lol. It was I think only 6 posts into this thread about George Santos before someone brought up Hunter Biden for some reason.

Old 08-23-2023, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Twitter has pretty much done a complete 180 under Musk and you're complaining because it's still "full of left wing posters"? Are you suggesting they all be banned and censored?

Is that really surprising given that most of social media are dominated by youth who tend to overwhelmingly be left wing? But even still conservatives have plenty of presence in those "left wing dominated" social media companies. Last I checked Trump has over 30M followers on FB and even Reddit that was called the "worst offender" on here has over 1M users in their conservative sub.

You act like he's not the republican frontrunner for president right now lol. It was I think only 6 posts into this thread about George Santos before someone brought up Hunter Biden for some reason.
You are putting words into my mouth, when did I say that?? I’m just saying Twitter isn’t some right wing dominant form of social media. The left still has a ton of influence there. 30M followers is NOTHING nowadays and nothing compared to his Twitter following, please. Stop trying you can’t win this argument.

Biden is friggen president NOW what his son does yes matters especially if he was involved illegally in his business dealings while VP. Every time a dem politician is questioned about it they get flustered and blab about trump even though he has absolutely nothing to with the Hunter situation

Old 08-23-2023, 06:39 PM

5,058 posts, read 3,959,934 times
Quote:
You are putting words into my mouth, when did I say that?? I’m just saying Twitter isn’t some right wing dominant form of social media. The left still has a ton of influence there. 30M followers is NOTHING nowadays and nothing compared to his Twitter following, please. Stop trying you can’t win this argument.

Biden is friggen president NOW what his son does yes matters especially if he was involved illegally in his business dealings while VP. Every time a dem politician is questioned about it they get flustered and blab about trump even though he has absolutely nothing to with the Hunter situation
The same group (media, lefties) that told us Hunter’s laptop was Russian disinformation is now telling us Joe had nothing to do with Hunter’s influence peddling schemes.

I wonder whose influence Hunter was peddling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island