Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM

22 posts, read 151,395 times

Advertisements

After a long and frustrating process, I've decided on renting in RVC, however, I was wondering if anyone could help in giving me some ideas on apartment building in RVC as craigslist doesn't show it all unfortunately.

I've only got two, by recommendation so far and they are:

1. 70 Lincoln road (I think they mean Avenue)

2. Merrick and Long Beach road????

I'm trying to look them up on google maps street view first and will take a drive out on Sunrise soon, but I was hoping for a bunch of others where I could scout out when I go.

Anyone more knowledgeable?

I'm in my 30's, so I'm looking forward to what I have heard about RVC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 09:09 AM

432 posts, read 1,593,895 times
Both are good areas, I grew up there. Big reason RVC is solid is the police force, they are border line nuts about "keeping the peace"
RVC is a nice area.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:38 PM

184 posts, read 227,864 times
yeah RVC is a great town, so many restaurants and bars, there's always something to do.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 PM

I guess no one has a clue as to what apartment buildings there are rentals.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:35 PM

11 posts, read 89,485 times
Default Apartments in RVC....

Rockville Centre is still one of the best towns on LI. Not too many I can still say that about.
My opinion on apartment buildings and neighborhoods is basically that there are a bunch along Lincoln Avenue especially running from the intersection of S. Park Avenue and Lincoln up to S. Village. There is one particularly striking apartment building on S. Village and Hendrickson and Riverside Dr. These are in excellent parts of the town. Here is a Google map of this area.

Lincoln Avenue, Rockville Centre, NY - Google Maps

There are apartment buildings along Merrick Road and at the intersection you mention at Long Beach Road. These are not particularly "handy" to what one might consider "downtown" RVC and I don't think the neighborhood is as nice looking. Not horrible though. Maybe the rents are cheaper?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:18 AM

62 posts, read 226,288 times
There are quite a few apartment complexes in RVC, but I do not know the names of them, sorry... I know North Village Ave maybe 2-3 blocks north of the LIRR station has two or three complexes across the street from each other. I have no idea what rentals cost, but if you're driving out, it's worth investigatin in additiona to those along Merrick Road, which are not as nice looking outside, and I would guess less expensive. It is a great town (I own, not rent so can't help much sorry). If you like I can jot down the names of the complexes when I go by.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:44 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,123 times
Nice choice. It's a great place. Enjoy it.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsdaddy View Post
There are quite a few apartment complexes in RVC, but I do not know the names of them, sorry... I know North Village Ave maybe 2-3 blocks north of the LIRR station has two or three complexes across the street from each other. I have no idea what rentals cost, but if you're driving out, it's worth investigatin in additiona to those along Merrick Road, which are not as nice looking outside, and I would guess less expensive. It is a great town (I own, not rent so can't help much sorry). If you like I can jot down the names of the complexes when I go by.
Well if it's not too much trouble, anything helps. Just so I have a plan of attack anyway because I want to obviously avoid the condo/co-op buildings. Just looking into rentals.

I drove there the other night...around N. Village Ave and Sunrise and Merrick, very nice, I was impressed. I also like that RVC is not part of LIPA. That combined with family nearby and LIRR access of 35 mins or so into Penn is great.

I didn't however get to go by Lincoln to see any apartments there, didn't realize it was right past Merrick. Aesthetically, as far as those maybe not looking super duper on the outside, compared to others, it doesn't matter to me. And the slightly less rent there is a welcome, of course, if it's true.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:58 PM

The problem is, you never see much about RVC rentals on craigslist so do most people just find the number to the owner of the building or what? There's got to be a way other than going thru a broker who's gonna charge an arm and a leg for a fee.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 AM

432 posts, read 1,593,895 times
31 Lenox Road, look there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island