Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:46 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemehome View Post
PS...if you are not happy with LI, then you can always leave. If you are lucky enough to own a home here, then you can always reap the benefit of making lots on your house, then purchasing another one in Utopia! Good luck to you Long Island bashers!
takemehome has obviously never owned property anywhere other than LI. I find that LI lovers are usually very defensive about their decisions to stay there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 PM

18 posts, read 76,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
takemehome has obviously never owned property anywhere other than LI. I find that LI lovers are usually very defensive about their decisions to stay there.
Really? I lived in Queens and owned a home there. I also own land in Pennsylvania and in Florida. Now...you were saying???????

Old 07-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
When did you buy your house?

What are your taxes?

C
I was talking to someone specific, and no one else. Whatever your reasons for moving or feeling the way you do is your business. My taxes are $6200.00. Of course it's alot and I am not saying it's a bargain. But having kids in a good school district is worth it!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:50 PM

106 posts, read 578,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
How bad are the taxes....Im with you brother.

Another underpaid 100k native being squeeezed out.

Thats not right.

C
Clamboy, my taxes are $14,500...I have no property and live in Hewlett...

Old 07-26-2007, 04:04 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardlwag View Post
Clamboy, my taxes are $14,500...I have no property and live in Hewlett...

Thats really not right.

Run.

Dont walk.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:05 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,868 times
Quote:
I was talking to someone specific, and no one else. Whatever your reasons for moving or feeling the way you do is your business. My taxes are $6200.00. Of course it's alot and I am not saying it's a bargain. But having kids in a good school district is worth it!
Gotta agree...Takemehome does seem a tad defensive.

When did you buy?

Ours are about the same.

C

Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Isn't Hewlett very pricey? If you really wanted to stay on LI (and can't blame you if you don't) wouldn't moving to a more average area help in terms of cost of housing and therefore the tax assessment?

Old 07-26-2007, 06:01 PM

106 posts, read 578,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Isn't Hewlett very pricey? If you really wanted to stay on LI (and can't blame you if you don't) wouldn't moving to a more average area help in terms of cost of housing and therefore the tax assessment?
yes, certain parts of Hewlett are very pricey and yes, my house is on the market at a very reasonable price and we are hoping to move to Western Suffolk...however, taxes there are not much better...selling is hard right now...been on the market for a while....just waiting to see what happens and complaining alot too...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Really? I lived in Queens and owned a home there. I also own land in Pennsylvania and in Florida. Now...you were saying???????
Queens is physically located on LI...at least the bridge says "Throgg's Neck - Long Island" when I go there...and I do cross water.

I'm glad you own rental or vacation property in PA & FL...so does my dad...he used the PA property for a vacation home...and rents out the FL condo to pay for living on LI & a vacation home. Owning property somewhere else does not make you a resident. Perhaps, I should have said "resided" anywhere else but LI.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:15 PM

I own unoccupied land. Not worth much. I don't own a vacation home. Of course I would love to, but it's just for an investment. I am happy for your dad and his investments. He's a smart man for making them. Someone said something not so nice to me first...(you know who you are and you probably don't care). If I am accused of "defending" my home to some, then so be it! Do we all have to agree with everyone on this site and call eachother names because we don't agree? I am guilty of defending my home...and being happy...and enjoying life itself. Not like some ogres out there who take advantage of every situation to make something innocent like a comment, into something horrible, just because a person has a thought, or advice or an opinion! I am not talking about you jfk, or you Clamboy (although you called me defensive and I wasn't even saying anything neg about you), but that person who said something that just was not appropriate and who called me a name that was so stupid and silly and very immature! It was reported anyway, so that will be taken care of! And, although geographically, Queens is part of Long Island, it's part of NYC and not Nassau or Suffolk. That's why I mentioned that I lived there because someone said that "obviously I've never lived anywhere else".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island